**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Annihilus and Human Torch Balance Changes

Summoners,

As we mentioned earlier we’re committing to more frequent, smaller, tuning and balance changes in the Contest. You can take a look at that post here.

We’ve looked at the data and took in your feedback and have observed that Annihilus is performing well as a defender, he is currently under-performing as an Attacker, and are looking at different options to improve his performance.

Human Torch performs very well in matches against Mystic Champions, in matches where he can bypass Miss, and when he can reverse healing. However outside of those conditions, he’s not as strong as we’d like him to be. So we’re looking at increasing his strength in those not-ideal matchups. He should still have situations where he’s weaker or stronger, but we want to close the gap a little.

We are estimating that this change will be live in approximately 3 months.

While these 2 have already been added to the Basic Pool of Champions, going forward, we will be letting you know before about these updates before a new Champion is added to the Basic Pool so you can make informed decisions.

Comments

• SantaGulkSantaGulk Posts: 72
    Great. Ronin as a pure attacker is far from ideal either. Please consider balance him as well.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Great news!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Siliyo said:

Great news, but this is a joke. I think a lot of people can agree that the older champions need more balance tuning than Annihulus and Human Torch. Why are you giving them specific favor for balance instead of others?

Be happy it isn’t an announcement of tuning champs down and restraining them due to their OP abilities
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    So will it be like a Sentry-esque buff?
    Markjv81 said:

Yeah let’s buff champs that only the whales and rng lucky have.

I'm not exactly either and I pulled HT from FGMC. He's in the Basic now anyway.
    Markjv81 said:

Markjv81 said:

Yeah let’s buff champs that only the whales and rng lucky have.

I'm not exactly either and I pulled HT from FGMC. He's in the Basic now anyway.
    So you got lucky and pulled him from a FGMC, thanks for proving my point.
    You could say the same for any Champs. You either have them or you don't. Further to that, there are others being looked at. It's just the start. Are they only supposed to look at Champs that everyone has?
  • This is amazing!
    Please keep up the positive trend of IMPROVING these champs going forward, and not nerfing them to the ground 3 months after people spent hundreds of dollars to pull them or grind 80M points for them.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    I don’t know if I’ll get an answer to this but I find myself wondering if we’re going to see any tweaks to champs pre Annihilus. There’s a few champs in the recent back catalog like Diablo that could do with some tweaking
  • FactorQFactorQ Posts: 110
    Great news! any details on the buffs yet or do we need to wait until their release to find out?

Also, if you ever need to tune a champ down, how will this affect players who already ranked them up based on their original abilities? will they be given the chance to reallocate their rankup resources?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

SantaGulk said:

Great. Ronin as a pure attacker is far from ideal either. Please consider balance him as well.

You don't know how to play ronin if you think that
    He kinda isn’t ideal same as massacre very hard playstyle except not a great payoff
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like is how they said they may alter a champ up or down
    I’m assuming this could mean a nerf which if you do this before they are released into the basic means you are pretty much changing it after people have spent

That is true but let's be honest champs like namor and cull do too much damage. Best to stay balanced
    They have their pros and cons like any champ