**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Annihilus and Human Torch Balance Changes

Comments

• Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    I'm of two minds about this, on one hand it's an awesome opportunity to bring more diversity in our rosters and an invite to rank up some lesser used champions and I'm all for it, but on the other hand, and that's an honest question to you Kabam : aren't you afraid that after a while, by bringing balance between all champs, you'll end up in a situation where many champions will lose their "personality" and become some jack of all trades, good everywhere but excellent nowhere ?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like is how they said they may alter a champ up or down
    I’m assuming this could mean a nerf which if you do this before they are released into the basic means you are pretty much changing it after people have spent

That is true but let's be honest champs like namor and cull do too much damage. Best to stay balanced
    They have their pros and cons like any champ
    Pros or cons regardless their damage output is over the top. No more champs like these and the upcoming sunspot. There has to be some sort of balance in the game
    Try cull obsidian in 6:2 he’s pretty much useless damage output isn’t everything otherwise starlord and proxima would be the best champs in the game
    Cull can handle 6.2 if you are patient the first fight. After than it can be a breeze. I'm just saying too much damage can imbalance the roster
    You've definitely never used him in 6.2. Sure there are some paths he can cover if you're willing to keep him topped up with potions. For like at least 80% of it though, he isn't gonna do squat for you
    Maybe you're just not good with said champ? That can always be a possibility
    Ok take a 5:65 cull against all or nothing backblast Hyperion tell me how that goes
  • DJSergy said:

Can we get clarification on the timeframe for new champion changes?

The way the announcement reads to me is 3 months for data collection, then notify players of changes, then 3 months of testing before changes go live? Is it 6 months total from the champion release?

@Kabam Miike

That's the timeline we're aiming for. About 3 months after their release, we'll know if they need any Balance Changes. We won't necessarily know what those changes are at the time, but hope to have a general idea of where we see the issue.

3 Months after that, we'll release their update. So the goal is always 6 months after release. Keep in mind that if no Balance Update is required, we won't be making an announcement.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    this is cool, sounds like a positive change!

I'd just like to passionately request that Diablo be put through the tweak machine.

Because hoooooly cow he is straight up alley trash.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I think people may be looking too much into the idea of balance. The goal is not to level all Champs so they are interchangeable. There's always going to be heavy hitters. Balance really just means revisiting Champs and filling in any gaps.

I think people may be looking too much into the idea of balance. The goal is not to level all Champs so they are interchangeable. There's always going to be heavy hitters. Balance really just means revisiting Champs and filling in any gaps.

They did say balance up or down in the original post like I feel if they make something worse in a champ they’ll have to bring something up as well
    Testing won't prevent issues from coming up when they're released into the fray. Things will come up once Champs go live. It's also one thing to release them in EQ. That's a very specific goal. It's another when they're circulated and used in other modes. It's a process of improvement.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    IDoge said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

IDoge said:

Kobster84 said:

What I don’t like is how they said they may alter a champ up or down
    I’m assuming this could mean a nerf which if you do this before they are released into the basic means you are pretty much changing it after people have spent

That is true but let's be honest champs like namor and cull do too much damage. Best to stay balanced
    They have their pros and cons like any champ
    Pros or cons regardless their damage output is over the top. No more champs like these and the upcoming sunspot. There has to be some sort of balance in the game
    Try cull obsidian in 6:2 he’s pretty much useless damage output isn’t everything otherwise starlord and proxima would be the best champs in the game
    Cull can handle 6.2 if you are patient the first fight. After than it can be a breeze. I'm just saying too much damage can imbalance the roster
    You've definitely never used him in 6.2. Sure there are some paths he can cover if you're willing to keep him topped up with potions. For like at least 80% of it though, he isn't gonna do squat for you
    Maybe you're just not good with said champ? That can always be a possibility
    Definitely not the case. His whole playstyle is basically parry, heavy, repeat. He's far from complicated to use.
    edited August 2019

Testing won't prevent issues from coming up when they're released into the fray. Things will come up once Champs go live. It's also one thing to release them in EQ. That's a very specific goal. It's another when they're circulated and used in other modes. It's a process of improvement.

I get that although there’s one thing with sunspot that’ll piss me off if they change the description after they sell him instead of now
    For each solar charge expended said attack gains x amount
    His sp2 consumes 15 charges on the last hit but isn’t getting the damage bonus
    If this is intended change it in the description now so that specials don’t gain the damage bonus from consuming charges not after they sell him
  • Rey305Rey305 Posts: 12
    You may also wanna fix broken champs like stealth spidey pre fight ability and try to make him efficient against mutants , he hits very low without his fury buff and he can’t stack debuff against mutant class how’s he supposed to fight that class ?
    Kobster84 said:

They did say balance up or down in the original post like I feel if they make something worse in a champ they’ll have to bring something up as well
    Yes. It can go either way. I don't believe the majority will go down, unless there's a game-breaking issue. Generally that's the only time they alter Abilities that way. If something is much more powerful than intended, that has to be looked at. Otherwise, Champs will have strengths.
  • tHe_RuDe_kILLrtHe_RuDe_kILLr Posts: 85
    Good! How about ebnoy maw. I went for him and got him as 6* and r2. The guy hits like a chump even at r2. Its ridiculous, knowing that some 4* hit even harder. How is this even possible
    Kobster84 said:

I get that although there’s one thing with sunspot that’ll piss me off if they change the description after they sell him instead of now
    If this is intended change it in the description now so that specials don’t gain the damage bonus from consuming charges not after they sell him
    Hmm. Can't say either way. I haven't gotten there yet. Finishing a Grind. Is he not getting any bonus, or not enough?

Kobster84 said:

Hmm. Can't say either way. I haven't gotten there yet. Finishing a Grind. Is he not getting any bonus, or not enough?
    Not getting any bonus got a content creator to test this like fine if they don’t want them to get that bonus just change the description before they release his crystals
  • Greifmaster911Greifmaster911 Posts: 316 ★★
    Ebony maw
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't have started with the newer characters when numerous older characters, particularly the OG versions of Captain America and the StarkTech characters, are dying for this kind of tuning, but at the same time, in my opinion, there is nothing this game needs more than an aggressive version of this program.

I can't be the only person sick of using the same core group of characters in tougher content. My contention has always been that while not every character should be able to solo bosses, every single character released should have enough DPS to use in Story Quest content.

Five-stars and six-stars are too difficult or expensive to acquire AND dupe AND rank up for them to not be usable in harder content
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    What about Maw and Diablo? No goo mystics since SS.
  • ChriissRChriissR Posts: 649 ★★★★
    How about Ebony Maw and Diablo?

IMO, that should've been the biggest priority. Mystic class is already underwhelming.
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    WATCHED said:

Can we get a description of the suit Annihilus is wearing also, just curious if he should have the #metal classification. Champs like Angela holds #metal but doesnt have a full body armor like Annihilus.

He's a bug. That's just what he looks like.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

DJSergy said:

Can we get clarification on the timeframe for new champion changes?

The way the announcement reads to me is 3 months for data collection, then notify players of changes, then 3 months of testing before changes go live? Is it 6 months total from the champion release?

@Kabam Miike

That's the timeline we're aiming for. About 3 months after their release, we'll know if they need any Balance Changes. We won't necessarily know what those changes are at the time, but hope to have a general idea of where we see the issue.

3 Months after that, we'll release their update. So the goal is always 6 months after release. Keep in mind that if no Balance Update is required, we won't be making an announcement.
    Did you guys hire more coders? Because I always thought resource constraints were a big reason older champs languished and bugs persist. And now we are told the new balance cadence could lead to the team addressing...more older champs in the future?

I realize this is theoretically just “tune-ups,” but addressing new champs feels more than a little off. How soon after a champ gets released will the community get notified that a champ will get adjusted? Is it always 3 months? Is there a scenario where the community is notified about it while crystals are still for sale? Can we get a list of what specific stats are likely to get adjusted (e.g., not prestige, immunities, synergies)?

In concept, it sounds like it could be alright. How it works out in practice is another matter.

Dr. Zola
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Please keep this level of communication and back and forth from the community alive.

Outside of MCOC I am a long-time player of OldSchool RuneScape (laugh if you will) but one of the reasons that that game has lasted for as long as it has - I've played it for at least 12 years - is because they are in touch with their player-base. New releases are polled, changes and updates are regularly polled, they open up beta worlds (equivalent of servers) pretty much on a monthly basis when they're set to release larger pieces of content or things that could impact the in-game meta.

PLEASE, keep us in the loop and take our comments and suggestions on board - there are players who contribute to these forums who have understandings of mechanics that border on the uncanny and opening it out to an additional 1000 sets of eyes is never a bad thing.

Also, please don't nerf my Domino. I will cry
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★
    SantaGulk said:

I'm also curious how you measure whether a champion is under-performing?

I'd guess they see how many times a champ goes into a fight and either loses or takes a significant amount of damage or an inordinate amount of time either way compared to other champs across a given set of fights and how that compares to their pre-release predictions. I'd start there if I was going to check out champ performance.