**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fight Randomized Opponents and Buffs in Sinister Labs!

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kobster84 said:

I’d actually love for a mod to tell me how to beat this fight with any1 but quake like seriously there are 0 other counters

I think Blade could do it, but I think you beat that combination with a randomizer.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

I’d actually love for a mod to tell me how to beat this fight with any1 but quake like seriously there are 0 other counters

I think Blade could do it, but I think you beat that combination with a randomizer.
    Nah I just didn’t do the path after doing my 2 paths I just kept going in and out to see what nodes where in it

@DNA3000 I personally think this matchups is worse due to there only being 1 counter in the game a max sig namor
    I’m not sure if quake could outdamage the starburst or void
    And blade would get wrecked by clapback
    Gulk can take a decent chunk of his health at 5:65 but I didn’t manage to get a one shot (30% health left)
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Based on my own alliance and the forums a lot of players are simply going to opt out and I can't blame them.
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    edited August 2019
    You see, the minimum rating required to enter the mission is 30,000, the same as the beginning of the uncollected mission, which has opponents with 8,000 to 10,000 rating. The champions in this lab have 31,000 in epic mode ratings, the same rating as the variant mode champions, which require 45,000 from the recruiter's rating. So I think the nerf should happen. Not to mention that the nodes make it even more difficult.
  • AndTavAndTav Posts: 261
    It would only be worth it if we had to face the difficulty only once, now to have to repeat the fights over the month is so exaggerated.

These can be run daily, right? So, even if I do only Master mode, all 12 fights, my rewards will be:

1,300 x 30 = 39,000 T2A fragments
    250 x 30 = 7,500 5* shards
    4,320 x 30 = 129,600 T4BC fragmets
    2 x 30 = 60 T4CC fragment crystals
    1,000 x 30 = 30,000 gold

Sorry folks, but I am extremely happy with those rewards.

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I don’t like it. Each defender is harder than the Epic bosses last month. Considering you have to do 2 every day, I’d say 10k PI is probably the max I’m willing to go through
    Kobster84 said:

@DNA3000 I personally think this matchups is worse due to there only being 1 counter in the game a max sig namor
    Gulk can take a decent chunk of his health at 5:65 but I didn’t manage to get a one shot (30% health left)

I don't have one at 5* or 6* yet, but I wonder if Omega Red could take that node at rank 5.
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

I don't have one at 5* or 6* yet, but I wonder if Omega Red could take that node at rank 5.
    Unfortunately not glancing 100% ability accuracy reduction overrides his 100% chance to not take damage
    Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Unfortunately not glancing 100% ability accuracy reduction overrides his 100% chance to not take damage
    I was thinking of going in with suicides and letting the spores do as much of the work as possible.
    DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

I was thinking of going in with suicides and letting the spores do as much of the work as possible.
    I think starburst would kill you and I don’t think you could get enough damage off (he had about 130k health)
    Haji_Saab said:

Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

Sparky can do it ... build poise to max and parry heavy only ... might just be lucky but heavies were not glancing for me
    I think that’s just good luck I think if was an antman there instead of green goblin chance would be like 135% and therefore guaranteed glance
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The issue I have with this Lab is the same issue I had with the previous. If you have random Buffs that adds a layer of difficulty that can be fun. When you have Champs that are too high on top of that, it magnifies it tenfold.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Yeah I'm out on this one. I'm not doing 2 of these a day for a month. Some might enjoy them. It's a miss for me. Too much.

You know it’s a bad event when even gw doesn’t like them
    I like the concept. I'd call it more of a respectful decline. I just think it's too amped up. If the Champs were lower, to a reasonable point where the Buffs added a challenge more in line, I'd be cool. For me personally, it's too much stress to run 2 of them a day. There's been a number of things I don't agree with. I tend to express them while still respecting the team. At least I try. Lol.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    zeezee57 said:

I cleared epic with just a couple rerolls but I'm also running a stronger team than I'd assume many are. The rewards do add up over the month but frankly when you're doing it daily and there are some really tough fights and defenders in there it really seems subpar payout for the effort. I'll do them because that's what's there and I can clear without items but I've seen more than a few people who won't be and I totally get why.

Yeah similar boat for me. When you add up the amount of fights and the PI plus buffs on those fights it’s probably the worst payout ever given.
  • OoaxOoax Posts: 2
    It could have been pretty fun and challenging but beating Epic with maxed out 4* champs everyday TWICE is impossible with those random nodes that block your whole lineup : C And how am I supposed to get the T2A to rank up 5* now ? ...