**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sinister Labs (EPIC) TOO DIFFICULT

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    mbrace said:

I had to use WAY too many re-rolls to get through. It is not sustainable to complete it daily.

For you. Try dropping down a difficulty
  • Caino1023Caino1023 Posts: 309 ★★
    BlackJ4zz said:

Soo i just did the first clear of epic labs and i can tell you that they are NOT worth the trouble i mean, I've just started doing act 6 and i'm about to get cavalier and they aren't even that difficult. To be honest i wouldn't mind the difficulty but i would expect at least 5-6 times the rewards i mean 175 5* shards, 20 6* shards. They expect us to fight act 6 level content with really BS nodes, which will result in us wasting most of our randomizers for 20 6* crystals shards Seriously?
    Man this may not be as bad as the Endgame event back in April- May but its pretty close.
    My advice if you don't have OP MAX 5* and some 6*, then do the master it may be a bit difficult but not nearly as bad as Epic.

Totally agree - this is insanely hard compared to the last few events. all 30k+ defenders with crazy nodes?
    I'm not so bummed about missing the 6* shards, as I understand these should be at peak difficulty to attain, but for someone who is between uncollected and cavalier, that's a decent chunk of 5* shards that I'll be missing out on for the month, which just leaves the X-machina to complete.
  • Kelesis69Kelesis69 Posts: 1
    Agreed. Even master difficulty isn’t worth it. Total fail.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★
    share the most difficult nodes you fought.

Mine : Korg with brawl + rage + brute force
  • MasChingonMasChingon Posts: 10
    I get more t5b from map7 than epic lab. And it’s easier. Those 5* shards can be had easily by duping a 4*. These rewards suck big time for the amount of time each fight will take you.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/nil8BHFz_vE

Epic labs are great practice for Quake
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Lainua said:

I haven't looked into it but I was surprised it showed 10 entries for a daily quest. I'm assuming you can back out a few times to get a path you only need to roll one node or so

It means you can do all the difficulty (8 tries) and 2 mistakes allowed.
    Or try harder difficulty multiple times.
  • Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    I thought I was the only one thinking it's really difficult... much more difficult than last month's or the month before.

Way too hard.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    I agree but from a different viewpoint I guess it’s kind of nice they left the rewards so small since they made it this hard, challenge for end game players but not really missing much if you have a crack and have to bail if you get some tough fights and are low on Randomizers I have a big roster and i can do it, but it’s annoying I will have to run the easy ones to keep enough Randomizers, makes the grind not particularly worth it
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    as per usual this labs are just pure rng, but huge diffrence between two runs, and most of the times buffs will *** u over. so may b just enter the quest, and leave if it seems impossible which it will 8% of the time, if u get lucky, welll n good just collect those massive stack of 20 6* shards for that incredibly long ,difficult and 6 fights. also everytime Labs completely invalidates argument of ,rewards vs difficulty ratio .
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    but for one ,this labs are definitely better then symbiote supreme and modok labs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Kalantak said:

but for one ,this labs are definitely better then symbiote supreme and modok labs.

You probably just have a stronger team. I've liked every version of the lab until this one. It takes longer for mediocre rewards. How is it better?
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    Starhawk said:

Billgeta said:

I just want to know when oml and colossus get updated.

Colossus has already been updated. I fought him with his new animations yesterday in arenas
    it's only his animations..he hasn't been fully buffed yet according to Kabam
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★

Kalantak said:

You probably just have a stronger team. I've liked every version of the lab until this one. It takes longer for mediocre rewards. How is it better?
    Labs just keep getting worse and worse. Next it'll be three paths of 40k opponents for half the rewards. Sad thing is... I'll still run them.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If you're cavalier it isn't too hard but it definitely depends on your roster. Also, my main issue is that it is too long for the type of rewards. If they cut it down to one lane that would be much more reasonable.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Honestly, it's less stress to run Master if you find it too much. You'll miss some Shards, but you won't burn out as much.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    rewards suck pointless to do them especially since you can get totally screwed
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I totally agree that these rewards aren't worth it. So for people who are struggling, it's not worth the stress at all.

Personally, the first two days of epic have gone pretty well for me. I don't consider myself "end game," though I am Cavalier so my roster has got a good amount of different options. What I like about this round is you're able to bail out if the champs are just too much and go back in hoping for a better roll. And you can do that a bunch if you don't plan to do all 4 difficulties. The nodes have felt do-able and I'm over stocked with dice at the moment (but that's a problem in itself with the 6d expiration date that absolutely needs to be changed.)

I understand epic isn't for everyone, but I think master is doable for most people who have advanced into Act 5.

What I don't like is the amount of work per day to earn these minimal rewards. If you want to do both Epic and Master, that's what? 20 fights? It's a burn out event quest and if people are finding it too tough, and it's most certainly not easy, it'll cause people to just not bother. That's opposite of the goal of these.
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    I'm taking the path of least resistance on the Labs... I'm autofighting the two lower levels, working the Master level and then running my shots at Epic level.

I'm one of the people who forgot about the "sense" boosts on the first day. Without them, the first day of Epic was too much work for the rewards earned. I'll have to see if they help me out today.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 821 ★★★

mbrace said:

I had to use WAY too many re-rolls to get through. It is not sustainable to complete it daily.

For you. Try dropping down a difficulty
    No sorry, it is RNG based. You have to get lucky, or else you will run out of randomizers. If you don’t get lucky, fights will be super difficult. Master difficulty is about 1/5 as challenging.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I just crunched the numbers for the remaining labs since its 26 days left if you complete everything

Premium shards: 7.8k
    4 star shards: 3.9k
    3 star shards: 7.8k
    T4 Basic: 169.k
    5 star shards: 15.6k
    6 star shards: 1,040
    T2 Alpha shards: 33.8k
    T5 basic: 3.9k shards

The only decent # is t4 basics shards and thats one of the ones that I don't even need as a player. It is literally not worth it. If you rank 500 or higher in AQ. What a joke.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Felt epic was too difficult so will stay with master, instead
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    bm3epps said:

Starhawk said:

Billgeta said:

I just want to know when oml and colossus get updated.

Colossus has already been updated. I fought him with his new animations yesterday in arenas
    it's only his animations..he hasn't been fully buffed yet according to Kabam
    thanks i guess they only updated the animations. i wasn't paying too much attention...the grind of arenas just feels like a black hole ;)
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    The energy is free and you get tons of reroll tokens. If you don’t beat it who cares. Rewards are meh. Not a big deal at all.

But with the right team it’s not that hard. Just cover all your bases.