**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sunspot and Warlock

Midnite93Midnite93 Posts: 4,180 ★★★★★
So how was your experience fighting this recent quest? Personally I found fighting sunspot a lot easier only thing to be careful of is his incinerate and some nodes. I found to be heavily struggling against warlock that guy really is from another planet and that power gain and infection proved to be a challenging fight for me. So what did everyone use for warlock and sunspot? I did pretty badly for my first ever uncollected run it was so embarrassing to lose badly against warlock but it happens.

Comments

• Sunspot was simple since I had Iceman. CinnaMon, however, forced me to use 2 revives. Wasn't familiar with his spc1 which he kept spamming. The virus mechanic did so much degen tho :|.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Sunspot went down easy with rhulk. Warlock took a team revive cos as i had trouble evading his sp1
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Sunspot gave me a little trouble but only because I didn’t read the node. CapIW has warlock down in like 18 hits
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I just went in blind. For some reason I always do that on the first run. Sunspot I one-shot with my 4/55 ST. Warlock took my ST, Quake, and Medusa to bring down. He was super quick and weird to fight. But fun though.
  • Shep99Shep99 Posts: 45
    I didnt find either of them that difficult to beat, the earlier Mr Sinister Boss was harder! Sunspot's heavy and SP attacks are really easy to dodge and my Medusa destroys Warlock
  • Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    Sunspot was not bad. I had iceman but he was almost dead when I got there. Red Hulk chipped a little then my unduped Void finished him.

Warlock was a bit tougher to get down. I got him with Aegon but had to use a few single revives.

Overall no real stumbling blocks in epic with 4/55 team.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    On first run for me rulk and hype did most of the job. Also I didn't read prepare for the fights. Warlock's animation is something to get used to, sunspot was just relatively easy
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I need to find a solution for Sunspot. He wrecked me and made me use a revive :( lol my only incinerate immune is 6* Night Thrasher.. pretty trash lol
  • TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Sunspot was quite easy, i used a 4* 4/40 havok for fun and managed to nearly defeat him.

But i messed up on warlock so i quit and I'll do it once I have energy, but venom seems like a good counter. Does anyone know if he's immune to warlock's power drain/burn? I can't remember if that's only for spiderverse champs or for hero champs.

• Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Medusa destroyed Warlock, and i had no issues taking down Sunspot with OmegaRed. Just push them both to SP2 and they are relatively easy fights.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    I need to find a solution for Sunspot. He wrecked me and made me use a revive :( lol my only incinerate immune is 6* Night Thrasher.. pretty trash lol
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★

• ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Lainua said:

Warlock infection is something new in the game. I guess there is no one is immune to it yet?

Yeah and it's not affected by AAR which is kinda scary..
  • RaidenSnakeRaidenSnake Posts: 1
    edited August 2019
    Sunspot was so easy for me. I used 5* Quake, 4* Ice Man, 5* Ice Man, 4* AA (path clearer), and 5* Domino. Not all my champs even got a chance to fight.

But I'm finding Warlock to be IMPOSSIBLE. I went in with 5* Quake (rank 4), maxed 4* Medusa, 5* Domino (rank 3), and 5* Hyperion (rank 4). I barely got him down to 80% health (mostly with Quake) by the time he wiped my whole team out.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Midnite93 said:

So how was your experience fighting this recent quest? Personally I found fighting sunspot a lot easier only thing to be careful of is his incinerate and some nodes. I found to be heavily struggling against warlock that guy really is from another planet and that power gain and infection proved to be a challenging fight for me. So what did everyone use for warlock and sunspot? I did pretty badly for my first ever uncollected run it was so embarrassing to lose badly against warlock but it happens.

I was lucky in that I had decent counters for Warlock, so it wasn't so bad. Sunspot definitely easier of the two fights, though. Just took some time to learn his animations and how to bait his specials.
  • Sunspot I uses void and ST (At some points ST stopped getting those incinerate debuffs) and for warlock I used ST and way too many units