**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back issues 3 announcement

Hey guys anyone know when the back issues 3 announcement will come out

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

yes, a simple search should tell you it has been announced and will be released on the 14th.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Lormif said:

yes, a simple search should tell you it has been announced and will be released on the 14th.
    How simple? Searching “back issues” provided zero information.

Lormif said:

The very first link in your post has the answer as second answer in the thread.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    edit: ^^^beat me to it

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

That’s not an announcement, and wading through a thread isn’t simple.
    The post is litterally a picture of the announcement, and looking at the first 5 or so replies to a thread is not "wading through", and is quite easy.

Shoot I am not even sure what your issue is, I pointed him to the search but ALSO gave him the answer....
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The post is litterally a picture of the announcement, and looking at the first 5 or so replies to a thread is not "wading through", and is quite easy.

Shoot I am not even sure what your issue is, I pointed him to the search but ALSO gave him the answer....
    1) My issue is the one person I’ve ignored on the forums posted it, lol. (Can’t stand reading that broken english and trying to decipher it).

2) Random poster linking a screenshot is not an announcement.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

1) My issue is the one person I’ve ignored on the forums posted it, lol. (Can’t stand reading that broken english and trying to decipher it).

The question was "when are they going to announce it" the image shows it has already been done.. It seems the biggest issue here is you didnt see it because you had him blocked ;)
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The question was "when are they going to announce it" the image shows it has already been done.. It seems the biggest issue here is you didnt see it because you had him blocked ;)
    No, announcements on the forums are official threads detailing the event. What you’re claiming is false, they’ve gave a date and nothing else.
    Here are some examples of what announcements look like. You can use “introducing back issues” from my first screenshot as a further example. Nice job trying to save face, cut your losses.

A date is an announcement.... Those are individual announcements giving specifics, generally the second or third announcement of an event. What you want is not an announcement, but a specific announcement about details it seems. That is an entirely different question that requires details to know.
    Lormif said:

A date is an announcement.... Those are individual announcements giving specifics, generally the second or third announcement of an event. What you want is not an announcement, but a specific announcement about details it seems. That is an entirely different question that requires details to know.

He’s looking for an announcement not an announcement of the date. Try again?

Lormif said:

An announcement of the date for something is an announcement for that thing... If you want a more specific announcement then you need to be more detailed in your question.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

An announcement of the date for something is an announcement for that thing... If you want a more specific announcement then you need to be more detailed in your question.
    No, you don’t. It’s fairly obvious that someone posting on these forums asking for an event announcement is looking for details of the event not a date.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No, you don’t. It’s fairly obvious that someone posting on these forums asking for an event announcement is looking for details of the event not a date.
    No, it is not. If you ask for an announcement, then any announcement works... I cannot read your mind to understand what you want.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

No, it is not. If you ask for an announcement, then any announcement works... I cannot read your mind to understand what you want.
    Weird because typically when I read announcements they contain detailed information officially posted in a public space (forums in this case) similar to what the dictionary defines. you’ve redefined the word to mean screen shot showing a date posted by some guy in an unofficial thread.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Weird because typically when I read announcements they contain detailed information officially posted in a public space (forums in this case) similar to what the dictionary defines. you’ve redefined the word to mean screen shot showing a date posted by some guy in an unofficial thread.

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a public and typically formal statement about a fact, occurrence, or intention.

That is an announcement. the dentition of an announcement is any official statement detailing a fact. A date is a fact. just that it is coming is a fact. For example the announcement about the changes to human touch lacks the details you are asking for here, but is an announcement.
    edited August 2019
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

That is an announcement. the dentition of an announcement is any official statement detailing a fact. A date is a fact. just that it is coming is a fact. For example the announcement about the changes to human touch lacks the details you are asking for here, but is an announcement.
    Cool so show me the official post I can easily search for on the forums.

*Here’s an example of what that looks like.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

I did, the SS you didnt see because you had the dude blocked is an official post (official posts do not include just these on the forums, but also things in our mail and things they push to our phones and emails)

if you want something on the forums, the official one was here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/150688/its-an-all-out-mutant-celebration-this-august/p1
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

I did, the SS you didnt see because you had the dude blocked is an official post (official posts do not include just these on the forums, but also things in our mail and things they push to our phones and emails)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/150688/its-an-all-out-mutant-celebration-this-august/p1
    Using the definition you provided does not support what you are saying. Random guy is not an official, web page post linked by random guy not a forum announcement, you cannot simply search the forums for an official post on back issues #3; the only results returned is an announcement for Back issues #2 (again this is what an announcement of the event looks like in this instance). Announcing the date of is not what the majority of denizens of the forum/game would define as an announcement of the event.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

Dude, stop trying to act like you didn't know what the question was about. If someone asks for an announcement, they usually mean an official thread that announces all the rewards and the direction this Variant goes, like they did for Variant #1 and #2 (shown in the pictures above).

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

Using the definition you provided does not support what you are saying. Random guy is not an official, web page post linked by random guy not a forum announcement, you cannot simply search the forums for an official post on back issues #3; the only results returned is an announcement for Back issues #2 (again this is what an announcement of the event looks like in this instance). Announcing the date of is not what the majority of denizens of the forum/game would define as an announcement of the event.
    It doe. the "random guy" posted a picture of the official announcement showing the offical anouncement..That

1) shows the official announcement has already been given
    2) shows the actual official announcement.

The question was not for a link to an official announcement. I answer things as they are asked, not how you meant to ask them, again, I cannot read minds.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

an·nounce·ment
    /əˈnounsmənt/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

Dude, stop trying to act like you didn't know what the question was about. If someone asks for an announcement, they usually mean an official thread that announces all the rewards and the direction this Variant goes, like they did for Variant #1 and #2 (shown in the pictures above).
    I find that assuming what someone wants makes a *** out of you and me both... The fact that you said "usually" means that is not always the case, therefore you should be more detailed.
    Lormif said:

In conclusion there is no announcement of the event but we have a date we could have already assumed due to the timeline of past Back Issues or by reading something posted outside the forums.

Thought I would give google a simple search and again returned no results other than the announcements fro the prior two back issues.

Lormif said:

In conclusion there is no announcement of the event but we have a date we could have already assumed due to the timeline of past Back Issues or by reading something posted outside the forums.

Thought I would give google a simple search and again returned no results other than the announcements fro the prior two back issues.

In conclusion there is an announcement of the event date and name, there is just not details of the event...

For example when Blizzard announces a game it generally has little to no details other than the name.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

In conclusion there is an announcement of the event date and name, there is just not details of the event...

For example when Blizzard announces a game it generally has little to no details other than the name.
    The OP was obviously aware of the event and looking for detail. Oh man...

The irony of this is not lost on me. “I find that assuming what someone wants makes a *** out of you and me both... The fact that you said "usually" means that is not always the case, therefore you should be more detailed.”

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

The OP was obviously aware of the event and looking for detail. Oh man...

The irony of this is not lost on me. “I find that assuming what someone wants makes a *** out of you and me both... The fact that you said "usually" means that is not always the case, therefore you should be more detailed.”
    Where in the post is it clear he was "obviously aware"? If someone asked for information about back issue #4, which just means that he has an understanding that there will *probably be one* where does that fit into your "obviously aware" statement.

I make no assumptions. If someone ask I give them the information they asked for, if they need something else they are free to clarify what they wanted and I would give them that. I am not going to assume what they mean. If they ask for an announcement I will give them the announcement, as I did here.
This discussion has been closed.