**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fight Randomized Opponents and Buffs in Sinister Labs!

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

I'm about at the level where I can clear monthly quests on Master and about half of Epic without using any items and not much difficulty. Purely FTP.

The Master labs this month were just way too hard for someone on my level. So if the devs intend for Master monthly quest difficulty to be consistent with Master labs difficulty, they really should tone down some of those numbers and limit the buff pool a bit more. It's quite disappointing for me because I was looking forward to the somewhat lackluster rewards of the Master lab.

But instead I'm relegated to the Hard difficulty which is supremely easy for me to complete with hardly desirable awards for my player level.

I have only managed to explore Master difficulty event quest for the first time in June. After reading your post, I decided not even to attempt Lab's Master. I went in to Hard, completed one path and instead of exiting and enter again to run the second path, I press Play Next and I entered into Master. :o

What to do? I looked at the nodes of each champ and then I thought, why not just try. I cleared both paths without items. :) I am now unsure if it was because the random buffs were gentle or it was not really difficult. What I did not like though was the combined time required to complete the four paths in Hard and Master.

What level / rank of champs were you using for Lab's Master and was it difficult because you encountered very hard nodes?

• Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    edited August 2019
    I just got Uncollected a week ago.
    I went in epic version - saw 30k pi enemy with varios buff.. I left...
    Then I enter master mode - enemy rating is around 12k - thats ok, faught some fight, then got wasp with ****** buffs on her, rerolled 3 times which got more difficult buff- she only took my 5 champs alone, so I left that also.
    RNG God gave me beast, netflix daredevil, etc (only got hyperion & omega from first 2 5* crystal, after that ******) to grow my roster & fight tricky nodes. Never will do those mode... :'(
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

Then I enter master mode - enemy rating is around 12k - thats ok, faught some fight, then got wasp with ****** buffs on her, rerolled 3 times which got more difficult buff- she only took my 5 champs alone, so I left that also.

Did you take a screenshot of the nodes? Wish to understand more.

Maybe I could be facing problems too for the following days fight.
  • CarlfloraCarlflora Posts: 1
    Epic labs are ridiculous. Randomness makes it frustrating, you have to get lucky rolls to get through content. Way to hard for the rewards. Won’t even attempt another epic. I understand making it challenging, but c’mon.
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Have rewards regressed from the last variation of labs? I honestly can’t remember but 4.5 k T5B is actually less then last months payout for content I can’t even remember. Maybe this month is a square up?
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    Honest question: has anyone of you tried any of the Senses boosts? (I know I didn't). I wonder how much they turn the tables in our favor...
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    Honestly, I dont mind the difficulty. However, it feels more like epic is meant for Cavaliers, instead of uncollected. In addition, the rewards should have been seriously increased. Im not dealing with this level of difficulty and struggle each day for a month to gain 30x80 6* shards and 30x350 5* shards.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Honestly, I dont mind the difficulty. However, it feels more like epic is meant for Cavaliers, instead of uncollected. In addition, the rewards should have been seriously increased. Im not dealing with this level of difficulty and struggle each day for a month to gain 30x80 6* shards and 30x350 5* shards.

It’s not even 80, it’s 40, 20 per path
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

It’s not even 80, it’s 40, 20 per path
    Yeah, you're right. My mistake. So ill just wait 250 days to claim my 6*......
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Like I personally find the event fun I do my 4 paths of epic and master and then have fun with epic 6 times
    But if I was to step back to when I used 4* to 100% uncollected I could 100% see myself despising this event
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/4jnGSlXTPXI

I don’t know - I always enjoy lab random thing, always good fun and some challenging fights, we love to give kabam stick for everything but sometimes things are well just grey- it’s not always black or white.

I love the event , some will not, doesn’t mean it’s absolutely horrible by any means.
  • NopedroooNopedrooo Posts: 116
    Just create a cavalier difficulty in quests already.. epic is just not worth it for anyone in my alliance, even who has elders bane says its too much for too little
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    TheKiryu said:

I don’t know - I always enjoy lab random thing, always good fun and some challenging fights, we love to give kabam stick for everything but sometimes things are well just grey- it’s not always black or white.

I love the event , some will not, doesn’t mean it’s absolutely horrible by any means.

I agree here, and the fact that we have 10 entries means if we go in and it is complete bs, for example my second path on epic I went in and saw domino thing and korg we can just re-enter, I think the reroll should have a 4 week timer though as we will get a bunch early on and be low towards the end of the month, overall I think it’s an alright event, if the rewards were a bit better I think it would be a great event
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Ooax said:

It could have been pretty fun and challenging but beating Epic with maxed out 4* champs everyday TWICE is impossible with those random nodes that block your whole lineup : C And how am I supposed to get the T2A to rank up 5* now ? ...

I guess the same way the rest of us did it.

I really don't understand the people who say they need the rewards in the content in order to beat the content, when everyone currently capable of beating the content had less resources available to them than the players leveling up now. It is not like there was a golden age of T2A falling from the sky in the past that newer players missed out on. Every single thing that's hard for them was harder for players in the past to accomplish.
    They think the game should be designed for them to "catch up" I assume
    TheKiryu said:

I love these as well. I think this is the best iteration of them as well. You have multiple entries if you need a hard reset on a bad champ matchup and there are far more re-rolls available than before.

I got through epic with no re-entry and a couple of re-rolls. Master was cake
  • hawksterhawkster Posts: 6
    these would be fun and challenging if they were actually random. I just did epic, and every, I mean every fight, the defender had a perfect combination of ridiculous buffs. this required using alot of rerolls and me saying how much I hate this game with a few expletives intermixed. the rerolls helped out maybe 1 out if every 3. most of the time the defender got 1 harder buff and 1 knees difficult. not helpful or more importantly, not fun.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

The stupid thing is that the Epic level looks impossible for your standard Uncollected player, but that's also the only difficulty that has the rewards that we need to GET good enough to beat it. Namely, the all-too-elusive T5BC that is the missing ingredient preventing many of us from maxing out our 5-stars. It's yet another rich get richer situation they've set up here. You cannot beat a line of 30,000 PI champs without 5/65s, yet if we only play the lower levels, we can never get the T5BC needed to rank 5 a 5-star champ.

It's very doable with 4/55s.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    If you can't get more rewards from completing it multiple times, what's the point in having a limit on entries?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Anyone who is finding it to be too much, you're probably better off running Master if you're interested. The difference is 40 6* Shards, another 100 5* Shards, and some T5B Frags. The difficulty between the two is much greater.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    It is just simply not worth my time with the amount of rewards. If they could've made it one lane with the same amount of rewards I would at least complete it but I'm better off just running arena instead.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

If you can't get more rewards from completing it multiple times, what's the point in having a limit on entries?

Might have something to do with not wanting players to continuously reroll rooms thereby negating most of the challenge from randomness while also allowing them to do reroll a few times. It could also prevent players from spending all their time banging their head against a wall, this would put a limit on the frustration people would experience from content they are not ready for. That’s what comes ottomh.
  • OoaxOoax Posts: 2
    DNA3000 said:

Ooax said:

It could have been pretty fun and challenging but beating Epic with maxed out 4* champs everyday TWICE is impossible with those random nodes that block your whole lineup : C And how am I supposed to get the T2A to rank up 5* now ? ...

I guess the same way the rest of us did it.

I really don't understand the people who say they need the rewards in the content in order to beat the content, when everyone currently capable of beating the content had less resources available to them than the players leveling up now. It is not like there was a golden age of T2A falling from the sky in the past that newer players missed out on. Every single thing that's hard for them was harder for players in the past to accomplish.
    Sorry, my mistake, I meant beating Master is too hard. For the past several months I've been doing Master difficulty and suddenly when I got even stronger and better I can't. That's the problem. Moreover, the content evolves, so you shouldn't be surprised that 'the people in the past had to work harder', since the game had less champions and variety.
    I used an aspect of nightmares node to heal marvel back to 100% yesterday. She doesn't take any damage while indestructible and then still gets the heal after the nightmare timer