**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Event Quest Tabs Are Poorly Organized!

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
I missed the first Sinister Lab. Now it may be because I wasn’t paying close enough attention, or it may be that I got distracted and forgot, but I believe that the main reason I missed it was because it’s listed under the Special Quests instead of the Event Quests. I’m not asking for a redo; I’m asking @Kabam to organize these new quest tabs more appropriately so that dummy-dumbs such as myself don’t miss temporary content hidden in unintuitive locations. Let’s take a closer look at the newly added Event Quest Tabs.

Here we have the Special Quests. One of these things is not like the others. One of these expires within 24 hours while the other three are permanent content. Sinister Labs are also in all likelihood gone at the end of the month so it does not make sense to have them here.

Here we have the Event Quests. I believe that this tab should not have permanent content. The permanent quests, if not part of the main story, should be in the Special Quest section along with the Labyrinth of Legends. In my opinion, the Event Quest Tab should be reserved for temporary content typically associated with the Monthly Event Quest. This is where the Sinister Labs belong in my opinion.

The third and final Event Quest Tab is called Daily Quests. One could argue that Sinister Labs belong here due to there 24 hour duration. It definitely would fit better here than with the Special Quests but I believe, due to its association the Monthly Event Quest, It belongs in the Event Quest Tab.

So there we have it. A new way to navigate the menu and a new way to miss temporary content. Please make it more intuitive so your players don’t miss out on anything. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• RoOOtsRoOOts Posts: 234 ★★
    Agree with your suggestions. order should be
    EQ/Alli/Daily/Story/Spezial (Vat/LOL)
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    The organization is fine imo. Less cluttered than before. It's just we're not used to it since it just came out
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    I'm with DP. I like the new layout. Just takes time to get used to.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Personally I think it should just be the permanent special quests as one tab (Variants and Labyrinth), and all temporary content in another (monthly content and daily quests). 3 tabs is a bit excessive at this point
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Organisation is fine, but some reshuffling should be done. Back issues i feel should belong to special quests, and sinister labs should be put together with event quests, since both of them are quests that happen once a month for that month.
    I can see where they're coming from. Variants are based on Event Quests that have previously run.
  • Agree, the locations of some of them do not make sense (although the “concept” is a good one). Guess I should have posted my earlier one in “General Discussion” instead of “Suggestions and Requests”, I might have had some feedback then I guess, lol.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153072/tab-location-of-various-quests-sinister-labs-and-back-issues#latest

... Shouldn’t any and all Monthly Events (normal EQ as well as Labs, Rifts, or whatever else they may be called that month) BOTH be under the same Sub-Tab (call it MONTHLY EVENTS).

And the Back-Issues should all be in THEIR OWN new Sub-Tab (call it BACK-ISSUE QUESTS).

The Side-Quests are literally "Special Quests". Lol. Variants are EQs.
    The only one that really looks out of place for me is RTTL because it's labeled Event Quest, but it's the prerequisite to LoL. I suppose it makes sense.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Event quests are limited quests. The variants are permanent content and should be in the special quest section and sinister labs should be in event quests section

Event quests are limited quests. The variants are permanent content and should be in the special quest section and sinister labs should be in event quests section
    Variants are Event Quests, in two versions. One is Classic, for nostalgia. The other is Variant. They are from previous EQs, but they're still Event Quests. How long they run really has little to do with it.
    Labs are clearly labeled "Special Quest", as are other Quests of the same nature.
  • ...and remember, there are eventually going to be a lot more than just 2 or now 3 Back Issues. So don't “muddy up” the tab with the primary “must do” quests each month with what will become a long list of these back issues.

Variants are Event Quests, in two versions. One is Classic, for nostalgia. The other is Variant. They are from previous EQs, but they're still Event Quests. How long they run really has little to do with it.
    Labs are clearly labeled "Special Quest", as are other Quests of the same nature.
    So put them in their own section labeled BACK ISSUES. Just because they may have been classified as an Event Quest when they were originally out doesn't mean they are still an Event now. “Events” by definition mean something that takes place at a stated time for a certain duration. Since their Back-Issues incarnation is permanent, it no longer has the right to call itself an “Event”.

And since Kabam itself is referring to all these as “Back-Issues” (Forums, Mail Msgs, etc.. except for in the place where you find them), there should be some reference to them as Back-Issues when you actually go to run them.
    What? They're Event Quests. They're being rerun so people who weren't around the first time can try them out. Hence "Back". They're still Event Quests that have run before. Is there really a need of creating another Tab just for them? The only other thing under the Event Quest Tab is the current EQ, which is at the forefront. One simple layout change, and people want to rearrange everything. Lol. Good Lord.
    It's new. That's about the only thing to get used to. You're still going to have to click to get into anything either way. Click and swipe.
  • And some ppl want to defend them to the upmost, dear....
    Why are we not allowed to make suggestions that would make things easier.

And that’s another point anyways, why aren’t the Labs/Rifts/etc (named style every few months) right there along side it's normal monthly EQ counterpart. MONTHLY QUEST tab, easy to find, no hunting for other limited-time quests somewhere else alongside other permanent quests.
    They're arranged by the type of content it is. Not by the length of time.
    For the record, I don't have any issues with people making suggestions. I just think it's impossible to make it customized to what everyone wants. Really makes no difference to me. I still have to click on whatever I want whether it's in Tab A or Tab B. Doesn't make it any easier or harder to access.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,143 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

They're arranged by the type of content it is. Not by the length of time.

Close, but not quite...

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Thanks
    A bit picky TBH. No offense.