**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming Annihilus and Human Torch Balance Changes

Comments

• Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    MEKA5 said:

So will it be like a Sentry-esque buff?

Something similar, yes. No 2 Champions will ever have the same solution, but that's the kind of changes we're looking at.
    I was slightly excited, now I don't know what to expect: Sentry's buff was a fail!
    Yeah that doesn't exactly seem as ringing of an endorsement as they may have thought lol. He should actually be one of the ones balanced further.
  • csexton00csexton00 Posts: 131
    Diablo and ebony maw needed some TLC also
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Cull Obsidian needs a huge tune in block proficiency. He is not sustainable whatsoever in the higher levels and makes him all damage when he has very little utility to begin with and no immunities.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    Yeah, diablo is among the worst champs in the game, hed be a ton of fun if he was viable for something... anything!
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

See I don’t like this. At first this looks great but, it also sets a precedent. Not only can you guys improve champs, but by doing this you can silently nerf champs without repercussions. So I invest my resources to upgrade a champ and then you take away from the utility I upgraded them for. Wake up sheep. This is a double edged blade.

Why do people get on here and act like other people can't read?

Nobody here is a sheep. Some characters are undertuned.

Don't get your panties in a twist when you read this, but guess what?

Some characters are overtuned.

And because they are overtuned, the rest of the player base is out here tapping away at bosses with ridiculous nodes and health pools.

I'll say it now because I said it then: Domino was broken AF the day that character was released.

It's a competitive disadvantage to every player who didn't and doesn't have her but is trying to clear content that she facerolls because she was overtuned from Day 1.

Buffs happen and nerfs happen. Kabam's biggest problem is that they haven't had enough buffs while letting OP characters run wild.

Nobody should play a game like this, based on RNG and progression where you have to clear lanes for resources, and gain a huge advantage when you can literally get characters with as great as discrepancy between Domino and Namor and Hulkbuster and Deadpool X-Force
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★

See I don’t like this. At first this looks great but, it also sets a precedent. Not only can you guys improve champs, but by doing this you can silently nerf champs without repercussions. So I invest my resources to upgrade a champ and then you take away from the utility I upgraded them for. Wake up sheep. This is a double edged blade.

The moment someone says 'wake up sheep, I lose the ability to take them seriously.
    Unpopular opinion I know, BUT
    Nerfs. Are. Not. Necessarily. A. Bad. Thing.

There's a group of like ten champs, e.g. Ghost, Omega Red, Namor, Corvus, Domino, Captain Marvel, Void, Blade, maybe Starky and Cap IW and also sort of She-Hulk, who get used for basically all endgame content. What's the fun in that? That's why I like gates for permanent content such as Act 6 and Variant (not monthly stuff, as if people don't have what's necessary they'll never get to do it). People shouldn't just use these guys all the time. And I enjoy Ghost and Domino as much as anyone else, but I wish there was more variety.
    ESF said:

Why do people get on here and act like other people can't read?

Nobody here is a sheep. Some characters are undertuned.

Don't get your panties in a twist when you read this, but guess what?

Some characters are overtuned.

And because they are overtuned, the rest of the player base is out here tapping away at bosses with ridiculous nodes and health pools.

I'll say it now because I said it then: Domino was broken AF the day that character was released.

It's a competitive disadvantage to every player who didn't and doesn't have her but is trying to clear content that she facerolls because she was overtuned from Day 1.

Buffs happen and nerfs happen. Kabam's biggest problem is that they haven't had enough buffs while letting OP characters run wild.

Nobody should play a game like this, based on RNG and progression where you have to clear lanes for resources, and gain a huge advantage when you can literally get characters with as great as discrepancy between Domino and Namor and Hulkbuster and Deadpool X-Force
    You sound like you have your panties in more of a bunch than the dude you were addressing. Domino is not overtuned. Defensively she can be because she can damage you without doing anything but other than that her attack is no more than multiple "god tier" champions in the game.

You assuming that if Kabam tuned down these so called overtuned champs they'll make the content less hard is way off base. But don't be mad at me for having the r5 5 star Domino that I paid 100 bucks for literally. You're not helping with all your babble.
  • What about karnak, he is worst in both attack and defence ☹️
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I'm hoping this means that red skull can get a tune up. He's a fairly new champ but, he's pretty low in terms of utility.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I'm hoping this means that red skull can get a tune up. He's a fairly new champ but, he's pretty low in terms of utility.

Looks like they're starting with the first batch of champs in featured cavalier crystals. I'd be surprised if they go back farther than that before they catch up to the current releases
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Awesome! Don't do anything crazy like make Karnak better
  • BaluleeBalulee Posts: 23
    Where is the colossus buff...
    Does it will release this year or next year???
  • Ohhchewy90Ohhchewy90 Posts: 201
    Yes Kabam, let’s buff the champs only the whales have or maybe buff the 2015champs since we’re only able to use variant rank up gems on and make the game more fun for those that aren’t lucky to get god pulls like those who spend thousands on GMC
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Kabam has never been nerf happy. This may or may not be a double edged blade, but it's one they have always possessed. Not like they couldn't adjust a champ who was OP upon release before but now they can. I suspect the vast majority of these tweaks will be positive. Hopefully it's not too late for Red Skull who was a huge miss but wouldn't require much to be good. Diablo would be fantastic as well.
    Yeah I agree. Anything siginifciant enough to be downgraded is usually done in quick enough fashion. These will more likely be wanted changes. It might even be that some don't require any at all, depending on what the findings are.
    I don't like nerfs in general but the Scarlet Witch nerf at the time was necessary looking back. I ask Kabam just to restore OG Thor and Dr. Strange back to the way they were. Both of the champs will be fine in the current meta.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Thanks Kabam! This is the stuff I love to see!
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★

I don't like nerfs in general but the Scarlet Witch nerf at the time was necessary looking back. I ask Kabam just to restore OG Thor and Dr. Strange back to the way they were. Both of the champs will be fine in the current meta.

killing Ws in 10 hits in your dream
    Utilt
    issamaf80 said:

killing Ws in 10 hits in your dream
    Thor doesn't have much utility. Plenty of global nodes can stop Thor very easily. Any bleed, poison, incinerate, safe guard etc. Not a complicated thing.
  • Jones979Jones979 Posts: 84
    edited August 2019
    There are a ton of champs that need a complete rework or a buff that have been useless for years, long before human torch was added. The rebalancing should begin with 2015 champs and continue in order from there. How’s Netflix Daredevil been performing lately???

• BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Idk about Annihilus, but Human Torch only needs one change: the ability to get more Persistent Charges.
  • danielitoreadanielitorea Posts: 33
    En ves de hacerle mejoras a personajes nuevos,,..deberían enfocarse en muchos anteriores que son obsoletos en toda cuestión.
    Ejemplo.
    Rey grood,grood,iron patriot, hulckbooster, magneto, cíclopes.
    Ellos si necesitan mejoras.
    No sirven ni para defensa y mucho menos ataque,aparte que sus sinergias no agregan nada en oarticular
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    So stupid rework newer champs over old worthless ones
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 980 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I'd like to tug on that thread @Kobster84 asked about, because I don't think there was a very clear answer.

If a champ is "tuned" downward, that is to say taking a huge damage champ and making him do less damage, what is the team's approach for summoners who may have already invested heavily in acquiring said champ, whether through Arena grinding (spending units) or featured crystals (spending units) each of which likely cost real money? Further to that, what about resource investments made to rank that champ?

I do appreciate what the team's goal is here, but 6 months later is plenty of time for someone to have acquired and ranked up a champ. To find out after that six months that he's going to be negatively tuned is a pretty big deal.

Does the game team have a plan for addressing those situations? I'm trying not to turn this into a rank down ticket thread, but I think the question warrants asking, and definitely warrants an answer, as it's a very real situation.

I can personally say that I'd be livid if Cull gets a negative tuning after I took him to 5/65 sig 200, and unfortunately that's a real possibility, as he's still inside the 6 month window you mentioned.

Thank you in advance.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

mgj0630 said:

@Kabam Miike I'd like to tug on that thread @Kobster84 asked about, because I don't think there was a very clear answer.

If a champ is "tuned" downward, that is to say taking a huge damage champ and making him do less damage, what is the team's approach for summoners who may have already invested heavily in acquiring said champ, whether through Arena grinding (spending units) or featured crystals (spending units) each of which likely cost real money? Further to that, what about resource investments made to rank that champ?

I do appreciate what the team's goal is here, but 6 months later is plenty of time for someone to have acquired and ranked up a champ. To find out after that six months that he's going to be negatively tuned is a pretty big deal.

Does the game team have a plan for addressing those situations? I'm trying not to turn this into a rank down ticket thread, but I think the question warrants asking, and definitely warrants an answer, as it's a very real situation.

I can personally say that I'd be livid if Cull gets a negative tuning after I took him to 5/65 sig 200, and unfortunately that's a real possibility, as he's still inside the 6 month window you mentioned.

Thank you in advance.

Honestly a RDT doesn't come close to resolving that. Its because of that I dont think we'll be seeing down tuning outside of actual bugged issues like the last Cull alteration. The possibility crystal sales plummet once people realize it's probable that the money they've spent won't yield the product they paid for is too much of a risk imo. I also asked this same thing back on the first or second page and received no response so I'll be pleasantly surprised if you get one. This was my first thought and something I was genuinely concerned about since OP champs are the ones we go all out to acquire and then dump resources into, but after more thought into it it seems to me the idea of changing these champs has too much possible detriment to Kabam without nearly the benefit, but we'll see won't we.
    One thing I wouldn’t mind possibly is if they balanced the champ in a way that makes them useful in other ways while nerfing other abilities I.e nerf culls damage with armor breaks but boost his crit rate for example