**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fight Randomized Opponents and Buffs in Sinister Labs!

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    My sinister lab didn’t restart
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    The regeneration boost for mutants doesn’t work it’s meant to be 5% health only gives 1% and for some reason there’s a cooldown even though it’s not stated
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I agree as well. The end game is a whole other level to what I would consider a casual player. So experience matters when talking about difficulty vs rewards really matter for specific game modes. Look at what Brian Grant has to do to keep up as a free to play player. He doesn't even want to spend units on act 6.2.6 because he needs them for sig stones and in game unit offers to keep up.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Look at what Brian Grant has to do to keep up as a free to play player. He doesn't even want to spend units on act 6.2.6 because he needs them for sig stones and in game unit offers to keep up.

Thanks for the laughs. 🤣🤣😂🤣
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

I agree as well. The end game is a whole other level to what I would consider a casual player. So experience matters when talking about difficulty vs rewards really matter for specific game modes. Look at what Brian Grant has to do to keep up as a free to play player. He doesn't even want to spend units on act 6.2.6 because he needs them for sig stones and in game unit offers to keep up.

Bg is doing it itemless because that’s what he enjoys I believe, but I definitely agree that the endgame is completely different to your ‘casual’ player who is maybe trying to do act 5
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    With the labs still not fixed, it's getting to a point where I may have to skip today. They take a bit of a time commitment and I usually do them in the morning/afternoon on my breaks/lunch. C'mon Kabam I got a life to attend to on Friday nite.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

With the labs still not fixed, it's getting to a point where I may have to skip today. They take a bit of a time commitment and I usually do them in the morning/afternoon on my breaks/lunch. C'mon Kabam I got a life to attend to on Friday nite.

They should give compensation for the rewards of today (hopefully)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Brian is doing 6.2 itemless because he likes challenges and he operates a Youtube channel that doesn't do a ton of crystal openings so he also needs to do interesting things for his viewers. Itemless runs are basically crazy Brian being crazy Brian on camera.

He does have to do a lot of efficient gameplay to "keep up" but honestly I think that kind of resource juggling is also something he wants from the game: forcing him to make consequential choices regarding his own game progress.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Lvernon15 said:

Bg is doing it itemless because that’s what he enjoys I believe, but I definitely agree that the endgame is completely different to your ‘casual’ player who is maybe trying to do act 5
    I think the biggest difference between the end game and the mid game that I think even many end game players don't fully appreciate is that in the mid game there's always supposed to be an avenue for you to progress through the content. It might not be as fast as you want it to be and it may have requirements you don't want to acknowledge, but it is there.

There's no such requirement in the end game. They can make content like LoL that they don't presume anyone necessarily can complete in any reasonable amount of time or with any reasonable expense when it is first released. Or things like the Maze that seem ridiculous to most players. Sometimes the end game content is hard but doable, and sometimes it just isn't doable by even most end game players and they are waiting for someone to climb far enough up the ladder to eventually bring it down, but it doesn't have to be today.

When someone says they did everything up to now and now they are stuck and that's wrong, that's an end game player that doesn't understand the end game.

I've seen it said many times that the biggest challenge college (American) football players face when they get drafted by the NFL is that by definition they've been among the best of the best of the best all their life in football, and almost all of them discover that for the first time in their life they are only average, because they are now surrounded by the best of the best of the best of the best. You have to be one of the best of the best in this game to reach the end game, but when you get there you may discover you're a below average end game player and you have to fight your way just to reach average. Many players of both games can't accept that.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 ★★★
    Why don't you guys private message each other Jesus.

Fact that the labs are busted and I can't literally fix linen a couple keystrokes the set it so that they reset every 24 hours it's unbelievable...

I used to spend on this game.

Like 50-100$ a month.

I've spent 15$ since last Christmas

And I barely you can play anymore and 99% of that is because of stuff like this.

In the name of Earl of lemongrab....

UNACCEPTABLE

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    They're adding another day of them.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    I thought I was just way ahead of myself
  • Duo_KulioDuo_Kulio Posts: 180 ★★
    Why you claim rewards?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    Are they fixed yet or have I blown another day?

• MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Still not fixed for me. 5 hours until they reset.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    Ok still not working. 4 hours left. What you guys plan to do? Compensation or what? It should’ve been ended already.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Do I have to run it still to be counted in or can I just leave it?
  • themikithemiki Posts: 60
    Duo_Kulio said:

Why you claim rewards?

Before you needed to claim the reward before starting the next one. I didn’t know they fixed that until it was too late.
    zeezee57 said:

Was this stated by a mod? This is the first I've seen this said
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153345/sinister-labs-did-not-reset-merged-threads/p3
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★

If it's to be End-Game at the Epic level, that needs to be consistent so that people know that's what it is. Instead, which is what I spoke up agaisnt, we have a moving goal post. That's the consistency I'm referring to. When you have Epic that's a reasonable level of difficulty most months and you increase it to 12 UC Bosses with random Nodes the next, that creates an unstable environment for people to grow in. People make the arguments you can do lower ones, but that's really obvious. The point is, this is an added Special Quest, and people do these consistently over months. Which means they come to depend on knowing what is within their reach. If you jack it up within a month's variation, that excludes a large number of people who have been doing it all along.

Quoted for truth.

Started playing in september 2018, been doing master EQ 100% for the past 6 months or so, became uncollected last week with only 4 or 5 revives and no units spent, same with RoL last monday, even started the uncollected EQ and it's going along fine so far. I know I'm nowhere near the endgame content most of you are discussing here but I can hold my own. And yet I couldn't even do 100% of the Master Lab today because of BS nodes on BS champions like Korg or Thing (reroling and even exiting didn't help and gave even more BS... I could have with a revive but didn't want to). Go figure what this is supposed to be and where it lands in mid-tiers players progression but from my point of view, it makes no sense, sorry. And that point of view was born in the disappointment in something that looked so fun after the initial announcement but turned up to be very far from it.
    zeezee57 said:

zeezee57 said:

Was this stated by a mod? This is the first I've seen this said
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/153345/sinister-labs-did-not-reset-merged-threads/p3
    Thanks didn't see that prior
    All good.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.