**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many docks does it take for players to stop modding in AW Seasons?

Comments

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Why are you still trying to derail this conversation? This is about modding in war and the lack of legitimate consequences/unfairness to the ally that happens to have to play one of these modding allies.

And all you want to talk about is how you haven’t beaten the collector yet or played above gold 3. Please stay on topic and stop trying to derail the conversation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I'm quite aware of what the Thread is about. I've been participating in it all along. I'm not getting sucked into a rabbit hole. Sorry.
    Moving on. I agree with people on the fact that it needs to be dealt with. I'm not getting into the Compensation issue. I think I've said enough on that. To be frank, I agree that punishment should be the same as other game modes which are found to use Mods. I'm just not sure we will get a definite answer about specific Allies here on the Forum. Obviously we know they take these issues seriously. They've said so repeatedly. They've come far in making War a fair space, and I'm sure there's room for improvement. I'm just not convinced we will get much of a specific response in terms of particular cases. They don't really talk about specifics.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Any updates from Kabam on this subject? Based on what I read there are two action items:

1. Review war activity of the alliance who’s members were season 9-10 offenders. It’s currently a highly ranked master bracket alliance and many legitimate players are affected every war (reporting them to support did not help so far).

2. We need a better long term solution before next season starts. Faster/ better mod detection and clear message to hackers that game integrity matters (ban policy needs an update).
    I understand the frustration of them doing it 3 Seasons. I'm also all for improvement. I'm just not too keen on too fast. There also has to be a thorough process of investigation. I don't want an Auto-Ban system or a situation where any person can just take out the competition without due process. I'm not disputing what people have found with specific Allies. I'm just making the point that it has to take a certain amount of time. It's never instantaneous.
    This Forum is for Players to discuss the game. Not just for responses from Moderation. Having a conversation is not spamming. You're free to ask for a response, but they may or may not comment on every Thread, and other people will participate in what's posted.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I'm not really very educated on this topic. What mods are people using and how can you detect them as an opponent?

I'm far more familiar with piloting as it's freaking impossible to get the person who did it to admit it and my old Alliance was docked several times for it.
  • Sank_10Sank_10 Posts: 11
    edited August 2019
    Modders are really killing the game. Even they get docked, it still doesnt compensate alliances who lose against modders

Perhaps all of us should create a sub-alliance consists of mod accounts. Its ok to get dock, the idea is to get competitor of the main alliance lose points during war. Good idea ?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Bumping to keep this topic fresh considering there are no docks happening yet.

Waiting until the damage is done really is getting tiresome.

• UppercutUppercut Posts: 158

Just looking at top 3 of Master bracket, those are the same group of people that got docked end of last season to P2. Changed alliance and do the same thing. We were fighting them in recent war. They can take down brute force all or nothing Thing using Magik and use OR for Darkhawk T1 Boss with little health loss. Extremely frustrating to see. Kabam, what is the point of balancing champs, they can just cheat and beat the content at ease.

@Darklord2099 did you record it or take screenshots of before and after those fights?
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★

Moving on. I agree with people on the fact that it needs to be dealt with. I'm not getting into the Compensation issue. I think I've said enough on that. To be frank, I agree that punishment should be the same as other game modes which are found to use Mods. I'm just not sure we will get a definite answer about specific Allies here on the Forum. Obviously we know they take these issues seriously. They've said so repeatedly. They've come far in making War a fair space, and I'm sure there's room for improvement. I'm just not convinced we will get much of a specific response in terms of particular cases. They don't really talk about specifics.

Even though they don’t discuss specific cases, the most important and controversial case is an alliance beating top tier alliances using mods. So yes, kabam needs to make an exception and address this specific case and make it public to the community. This will ease the minds of competitive players that are spending in AW 30% boosts (highly expensive) but are getting beat by an alliance using hacks
    DJSergy said:

Even though they don’t discuss specific cases, the most important and controversial case is an alliance beating top tier alliances using mods. So yes, kabam needs to make an exception and address this specific case and make it public to the community. This will ease the minds of competitive players that are spending in AW 30% boosts (highly expensive) but are getting beat by an alliance using hacks
    Why is it necessary to make it public? Isn't the objective having it dealt with? This isn't Game of Thrones. Lol. Public lambasting isn't really necessary.
  • I still say the punishment should be specific to the game mode. Using hacks/mods on your account is a violation of the ToS. Utilizing them in AW should come with an AW timeout so to speak. Ban them from AW altogether for 1 Season on top of the standard ToS Violation Ban. Perhaps putting a dent in their Loyalty influx will make cheating less worth it. As it currently stands, the punishments do not do well enough to detour the practice. Or so it seems anyway.

Let's also note that if those that would cheat in AW were locked out for a Season, perhaps the next one would be fought on even ground. Seeing as how they couldn't join in, it would definitely lessen the chances of running into someone who's utilizing mods. Now I do to a certain extent agree that those who repeatedly utilize them, even after point docks and bans aren't likely to change.

However if the punishments changed, and scaled per repeated infraction (1st offense - 1 Season Ban; 2nd offense - 2 Season Ban; 3rd offense - 6 month AW Ban) they might be more inclined to stop doing it. However, after 3 offenses and 9 months total being locked out of AW... yeah, they'll never learn. At which time, adios MCoC privileges. What else can be done at that point?
  • Meshu43Meshu43 Posts: 139

Modding is at an all-time high and we need swift action.

This is a slow moving game and player investment is insane:

Years of roster development
    Years of learning
    Thousands of hours grinding
    Thousands on offers

...so some kid can waltz in with a hack and make it all a joke???

The only reason we play is because we think it's a fair game, but that's not the case anymore and you're doing nothing meaningful about it.

A simple dock at the end of a season won't do anything. The damage is already done to innocent teams, and it hasn't stopped the same hackers from doing it again the next season.

Anyone caught hacking or botting needs a permanent ban. Rehabilitation doesn't work.

These cheaters are your enemy because they're poisoning the well and killing your game from the inside out. You're crazy if you think anyone will spend on a champ so some twerp can run a mod and clear it in less than 20 seconds.

Hacking is a cancer that will kill any competitive game, and MCOC is no different. Once it reaches a certain level where it's too common, it becomes "one of those games" that no one touches because cheaters have tainted it.

Kabam, tell us what you're going to do about it.

Kudos man , been facing Mod alliance back 2 back ! Lost 3 wars in a row to Modders , Kabam does nothing ! (Telling from experience)
    Sits back and bot the auto reply !
    I did waste my time , my energy , but Kabam doesn't care of what's going in the game ! I sent them proof of Modding , sent them profiles of being people Cavaliers with rank 1 5* ! Snapshot of a guy we were facing in war having Ultron Omega with no good roster !
    Man , am already loosing the interest in the game , don't want that to happen , but Can't Stop , Won't Stop ! I'll sure delete this game once we Face Modders in Aw again !
    This game is now broken guys :(
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    The prolonged silence and inaction on this topic is not an effective way to resolve this problem. There is research going back literally 50 years that explains how consequences are most effective when applied consistently and as soon after undesired behavior as is possible. Neither consistency nor timely responses have been utilized with players modding in AW.

Disagreeing with these concepts does not decrease their validity:

Taking an excerpt from The Journal of Special Education......um......while I admire your fervor, that's pretty inappropriate.
    I don't like cheating any more than anyone else, but you can't say they're developmentally disabled. People cheat with the same motivation that others have when they become insanely competitive and obsessed with what others are doing during Seasons. Same drive behind both. People want to win and they want Rewards. The difference is, one side is careless and greedy enough to break the rules. The other plays by the rules. I'm not saying cheating is justified. Just saying you can't say they're somehow disabled. They're just obsessed with winning at any cost. Not all people are honest. Fortunately the majority of us are.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★

DJSergy said:

Why is it necessary to make it public? Isn't the objective having it dealt with? This isn't Game of Thrones. Lol. Public lambasting isn't really necessary.
    Lol I’m going to be honest it is funny first thing you thought was game of thrones 😂 .

However in real life it is quite common for organizations to make details available to everyone to “set an example” and establish a precedent everyone will follow. This is HR 101, not game of thrones 😂
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    This is basically the same as those people who cheat in arena I don't understand why Kabam doesn't just permanent ban them and call it a day
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

This is basically the same as those people who cheat in arena I don't understand why Kabam doesn't just permanent ban them and call it a day

Not to mention the people who miss out on the champ because of these cheats who sometimes get a mini ban AND get to keep the champ.....so broken.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★

If you're going to try calling people out, you should probably get your facts straight.
    Winning is the same greedy motivation that compels people to cheat. Winning without earning it. Giving the Win without earning it is the same thing, without breaking rules.

Not to keep this going, but I would love if you would respond to my earlier comment in this thread about the "bye" system awarding groups with wins by default (up to 3 a week since it launched) and tell me how that is acceptable, but not this? It's getting something for not playing a war due to no fault of the alliance playing, it's just the circumstance that's different that leads to the default. Why is one acceptable while the other isn't, to you? I hesitated in responding but this was a few pages back and you're still repeating it and keeping it going.
This discussion has been closed.