**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

NC Evade and Attack

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
LG G6
Android 8.0
Current Version
Act 5.1.6

Just finishing up some Exploration. Multiple times when fighting NC, he's Evading and Attacking at the same time. Not sure if this is a bug or a known issue, but it seems like it shouldn't happen. Thanks.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Can you explain more?

I tested fighting NC on the Event Quest.
    Recorded the fight sequence with 0.5 speed playback. I don't see anything unusual.
    I pummelled through, he evaded and stuck back. Seemed normal.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

Can you explain more?

I tested fighting NC on the Event Quest.
    Recorded the fight sequence with 0.5 speed playback. I don't see anything unusual.
    I pummelled through, he evaded and stuck back. Seemed normal.

No. He didn't stick back with me. It was Evade/Slash. All one move.
    Several times to be exact.
    It's not really beating him that I'm concerned about. It's the fact that he's Evading and striking at the same time.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Is this the same as the old bug that got fixed in the past, which is what it sounds like to me, if it is that could be useful for Labán as they could already know the cause
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Well, that happens for every evade character really, since the beginning. Instead of being a defensive mechanic, it acts like a counter-attack mechanic
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

LG G6
    Android 8.0
    Current Version
    Act 5.1.6

Just finishing up some Exploration. Multiple times when fighting NC, he's Evading and Attacking at the same time. Not sure if this is a bug or a known issue, but it seems like it shouldn't happen. Thanks.

He doesn't evade and attack at the same time, that is impossible with the game mechanics. He is evading and then attacking immediately. This is how he has always worked along with every other evader so this is not a bug.
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    edited August 2019
    It's a lag thing. It's been happening for ages. The split second of lag that some are experiencing results in no time to react between evades and attack from the AI. I had fits with Mysterio in the event quest because of the same thing.

I found that the 3-hit combo technique helps mitigate it against NC.
    I'm talking about Evade then Attack. All one move, no time to react. Evade back, slash with the sword. All one move.
  • TaZ_4178TaZ_4178 Posts: 506 ★★
    Honestly he's been doing that for like 3yrs now... intentional design
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Yes he’s dashing back and attacking right away, it seems like it’s happening at the same time, which can be frustrating. Realistically it’s a very quick evade and counter attack. Think this falls more under tricky champs to fight than bugs. If you had a video of the bug not affecting anyone else that would help too.

🐻
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    As @will-o-wisp mentioned, it's been like this with every Evade champ, unfortunately I feel like this is an intended design
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    KerayZ said:

I'm talking about Evade then Attack. All one move, no time to react. Evade back, slash with the sword. All one move.

Without any evidence of this it's hard for us to see what the issue is. I tried fighting NC and everything seemed to work fine for me in Uncollected. Using true strike or true accuracy champs can really improve your overall experience with the contest. If it's happening several times though you should be able to provide screen recording of the issue.

We shouldn't fix NC to appeal to folks who are having skill issues against the champion otherwise it will imbalance the rest of the game for others who enjoy the challenge.

Just try to be strategic in your choices when fighting any evasion champions!
    I 100% agree with ilak here. I fought NC in UC and again on a duel. All seems normal here on my Android 8.0 device. If it's something that's happening more than once, a recording isn't hard to catch. Just search "screen recorder" in the Google play store. I recommend either AZ screen recorder, or DU. Both work fine.
    geoff78 said:

KerayZ said:

Without any evidence of this it's hard for us to see what the issue is. I tried fighting NC and everything seemed to work fine for me in Uncollected. Using true strike or true accuracy champs can really improve your overall experience with the contest. If it's happening several times though you should be able to provide screen recording of the issue.

We shouldn't fix NC to appeal to folks who are having skill issues against the champion otherwise it will imbalance the rest of the game for others who enjoy the challenge.

Just try to be strategic in your choices when fighting any evasion champions!
    I 100% agree with ilak here. I fought NC in UC and again on a duel. All seems normal here on my Android 8.0 device. If it's something that's happening more than once, a recording isn't hard to catch. Just search "screen recorder" in the Google play store. I recommend either AZ screen recorder, or DU. Both work fine.
    It's a bit late now. Already finished Exploration.
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    The counterattack sometimes can seem like it happens instantly after an evade. That does suck but it’s been like that and it’s not going to change. I had it happen once today in UC against Ultron. Only time it’s a real problem is on stun immune against the spidey but I rarely see him anymore. With NC I switch him or parry and 3 hit him.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Night crawler has evade built in if you are struggling with him you should use a true strike champ. If you dont have one at the moment you may want to wait until you pull one. You have a full month to complete this content so there is no reason to rush. There is no report a bug when it is part of his character build