**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Version 13.1 Discussion Thread

Marvel Contest of Champions v13.1 lands tomorrow! Find out what is new!

Character Updates
Civil Warrior:
• New Ability (Reinforced Armor): Civil Warrior now gains Bleed and Poison Resistance for each stack of Armor Up he has. This has no effect when fighting Cosmic champions.
• New Ability (Armor Up Conversion): When launching a Special Attack, Civil Warrior converts two armor up buffs into one permanent Armor Up passive effect (Maximum of 5 Stacks).
• Signature Ability is now more effective when fighting Mutant Champions
• Heavy Attack Heal Block duration is now increased from 3 to 5 seconds
• Armor Up Buffs can now be triggered when Civil Warrior lands an attack in addition to his existing triggers
• Duration for Armor Up Buffs has decreased from 10 to 7 seconds

Cyclops (New Xavier School):
• New ability allows Cyclops to strike with Critical Hits even while the opponent is Blocking.

Bug Fixes:
• Fixed an issue where players were experiencing a delay when trying to dodge (dash back) twice in a row
• Fixed a bug causing Defender Kills to not appear in Alliance Wars
• Fixed issue causing some Champions to miss attacks after Heavy Attacks
• Fixed issue causing Elektra and Gwenpool to not reduce the chances of the enemy evading attacks
• Fixed an issue where Doctor Voodoo’s dash back distance was shorter than other Champions
• Fixed an issue causing The Hood’s Stagger to be considered a Debuff. It is now correctly marked as a Passive effect to match other Stagger Effects
• Fixed an issue causing Karnak’s Special 1 to break Focus Ability
• Fixed King Groot’s Armor Break description to correctly state the amount of Armor Rating being removed
• Fixed an issue causing Captain Marvel, Ronan, and Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) to gain a lower amount of PI than they should be from the Liquid Courage Masteries
• Fixed an issue where Miles Morales was missing the flip kick attack in his Special 2 attack
• Fixed an issue where character models were able to get within each others colliders
• Fixed an issue where Electro's Special 2 was not acting as a Projectile
• Fixed an issue where the Double Edge Mastery will cause Cable's Degeneration to activate
• Fixed an issue which caused Doctor Voodoo's SP2 to cause opponent's with Mystic Dispersion to gain Power

EDIT: There are also a number of fixes going live with tonight's Server Maintenance:

Fixed the issue where Dr Voodoo's SP2 is not correctly converting Loas
Fixed the issue where Nebula's SP2 was only removing the Shock Debuffs from Opponents, instead of doubling them
Fixed a text issue that incorrectly stated that Civil Warrior starts a fight with 7 Armor Buffs, instead of 2
Fixed an issue where Phoenix's maximum PI was significantly higher than it should be (back to 13.0 levels)
Fixed an issue where Venom's Symbiote Buff Ceiling was at 9 instead of 5

Hey All,

We are now pushing the button to put 13.1.1 Live.

13.1.1 is a bug fix build that will address a crash issue for players, as well as take care of that annoying pop-up that keeps telling you that the game will now download 0 MB of Data.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37
    edited May 2017
    very late but it will work, hope these issues will be fixed as written
  • InjusticeInjustice Posts: 38
    This is probably the best patch notes ever
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57
    Where them dash back and parry fixes at :o
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    DReckoning wrote: »

Dash back was listed. It's literally the first but fix on the list.
  • eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Happy to see some good changes here!
    Civil Warrior will become more OP too!

Questions:
    1- It was stated that these update would get a fix for the crashes. Is this really included in the update?

2 - Hyperion doesn't have a cosmic overcharge mode anymore. Is the team aware of this?

3 - Now that you changed Civil Warrior ... Will he change in the Labyrinth too? Or will he be an exception like Rhino in RoL?

1- Like all of our builds, we do optimizations that we hope will help all of our players with crashes. We've made such optimizations in this build too, so we're hoping that this will fix some crashing issues for some of our players.

2 - The team is aware, but this information came in too late for us to get a fix together in time for this build We're already working on a fix for the problem though.

3- The Civil Warrior in the Labyrinth will NOT have these updates, except for the fact that his Sig Ability will be more effective against mutants.
  • xtremegamerxtremegamer Posts: 37

only parry not listed
  • DReckoningDReckoning Posts: 57

oh damn i missed the first line :( thanks for the correction :*

oh damn i missed the first line :( thanks for the correction :*

No problem. At least you admitted your mistake. Most people try to blame others, then they get proven wrong, then they start crying, and it just a bad situation. Glad you aren't one of those guys lol.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    AI Evade-Attack is not mentioned , but in the attached thread, we were told this would be fixed. That thread was closed even though the fix hasn't even gone through yet. I have zero confidence this was actually addressed and will be fixed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/217/known-issue-ai-attacking-while-evading-closed#latest

And what about Dr Strange's counterspell not working vs Hyperion?
    MikeHock wrote: »
    AI Evade-Attack is not mentioned , but in the attached thread, we were told this would be fixed. That thread was closed even though the fix hasn't even gone through yet. I have zero confidence this was actually addressed and will be fixed.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/217/known-issue-ai-attacking-while-evading-closed#latest

I haven't had this problem, but it sounds freaking horrible lol. I hope they can fix it for you guys, but I haven't encountered that, except maybe once against a 2 star Spidey about a year ago.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Great news. Thanks Miike! Now I see what you meant about a fix-heavy Build.
  • BronxHugethBronxHugeth Posts: 36
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Mike. Glad to see these updates. Do you have any future champ buffs coming?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Happy to see some good changes here!
    Civil Warrior will become more OP too!

Questions:
    1- It was stated that these update would get a fix for the crashes. Is this really included in the update?

2 - Hyperion doesn't have a cosmic overcharge mode anymore. Is the team aware of this?

3 - Now that you changed Civil Warrior ... Will he change in the Labyrinth too? Or will he be an exception like Rhino in RoL?

1- Like all of our builds, we do optimizations that we hope will help all of our players with crashes. We've made such optimizations in this build too, so we're hoping that this will fix some crashing issues for some of our players.

2 - The team is aware, but this information came in too late for us to get a fix together in time for this build We're already working on a fix for the problem though.

3- The Civil Warrior in the Labyrinth will NOT have these updates, except for the fact that his Sig Ability will be more effective against mutants.

Thank you!
    Now I hope this update doesn't come with more bugs included ... But is good to see that some gameplay bugs will get fixed here
  • Aston316Aston316 Posts: 10
    Aston316 wrote: »

I hope.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Good to see about fixing other bugs, but no love for Doctor Strange !?
    Well, knowing Kabam, that's not strange.
    (Pun intended)
  • Noob_2yrsNoob_2yrs Posts: 67
    edited May 2017
    Any fix for doramamu ? i.e. When I dash back he comes forward to fast and hits even before I block it. Its timing issue and also big character animation is not correct, like general evading and evading his heavy all bugged. You guys should look at big champs like venom and doramamu.
  • GingerJunoGingerJuno Posts: 9
    Any fix for the 5* unstoppable bug? been waiting far too long for a fix on that
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    No reference to classic DD not evading properly against unblockable nodes.....?
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Still nothing about pure skill? Sigh...