**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What were things like pre 12.0

Ya_Boi_28Ya_Boi_28 Posts: 3,050 ★★★★★
I hear people talking about how things were much better before thus update. I was here when it came but that was a while ago and I don't remember what the game was like back then. Can people give a good idea of what the game was like pre 12.0?

Comments

• Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 897 ★★★★
    But I guess other champs were less viable, like ghost rider and quake, but man was it fun to smash through everything with duped Thor. The Kangbang was definitely a mcoc highlight (a time where you parry him 6ish times and build to a level 3, then watch him go from 95% health to 0 in a matter of seconds)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    The good old days for 4* Thor, SW and DS
    I don’t have BW at that moment thus I can’t tell how good she was
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,680 ★★★★★
    There were cotton candy stands at all the stops
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Ahh the good old days!

There were 5 champs who reigned supreme over all others

Thor
    Scarlet witch
    Doctor strange
    Starlord
    Wolverine

Cyclops and black bolt were the god tier synergies as they gave a perfect block team.

One champion reigned supreme above all though and that was undoubtedly scarlet witch. Even by today’s champs there is utterly nothing that could even relatively compare to her utility and damage output. Her regen was so op she could survive almost anything in the game and I only had her at 4* 4/40. I used my 3* to clear all of act 4 so I could use that sweet sweet generic 4* which at the time was the most rare item in game to awaken my 4* which I then use to utterly destroy rttl. In other words sw was everyone’s dream girl.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    SW and Thor were OP and i accept their argument of 'balancing champs' to make game and content better but what they did with Doctor strange was just ridiculous!! (he doesnt even have any numbers on his abilties as 5*,like what amount fury or armour he gains and such) even moonkight was able to stack furies and bleeds , magneto had 2 bleeds on specials and meaningful armourbreak, same for ironfist his armour breaks actually worked and increased damage, after 12.0 wars were just nightmares of fighting dormmamu, magik and mordo on every node. even Antman on thorns on node on path 4 was crazy difficult ,since BW n xbones were only ones able to bypass him. also punisher and winter soldier were kinda 'reworked and made better' ironfist, bp,WS,punisher all had same special attacks 1&2. but to undone entire 12.0 they moved on to diffrent and more OP champs, sparky was Op then blade was huge deal, i personnaly always hated hyperion(kabam's money shot,just put any new and insane nodes and he becomes Pain) ,medusa became dark horse , and we all know what happened last year with domino,ghost,corvus,omega.
    - fact is they wont even address how bad the DS is now is beyond me,that guy absoutely is one of the worst ,even karnak has small truestrike crit hits!!

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Seeing is believing. Any current champ who can still do this?
    Zero hits win. Yeah ... Quake :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD7oXd0WSq8
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Honestly the game couldn't progress in the state it was in. No damage block teams, willpower which made many champs unusable and gave people crazy healing every fight, etc. That doesn't mean Kabam didn't screw up a lot of things with the 12.0 update, but the game is actually better now. A lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

Honestly the game couldn't progress in the state it was in. No damage block teams, willpower which made many champs unusable and gave people crazy healing every fight, etc. That doesn't mean Kabam didn't screw up a lot of things with the 12.0 update, but the game is actually better now. A lot of people don't want to hear that, but it's the truth.

Agreed game was definitely far better after 12.0! much more challenging,more fun , every champ felt entertaining and u actually had to work for rewards after 12.0 for FEW MoNths!!! now its again almost back to what it was!! people with corvus, domino ,ghost ,namor, omega ,void and few others just crushing down every opponents and people who wants to upgrade actually unique champs besides those top 10 has no incentive ( anyone who upgraded unique champs as per their liking has just quit the game in few months ,because most of them failed at so much) if u upgrade they r guranteed to stuck every where. No balance among champs or content (its getting out of hand, dificulty level is now 'bugged' and not challenging, (have a specific counter, can u throw $100 per quest ? or simply actual bugs(yeh i was able to get 5 charges removed from champion boss finnaly but faced tht annoying bug where he didnt take any damage and i got hit n died) ! i know not every champ has to b god tier but not every champ needs to suck when compared to these top 20 champs.

• roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★

roberto94 said:

Back in time we were able to parry during specials

Man that was the best! Parry that L2 from venom in AQ!!!

4 years of playing and I still doesn’t have SW.

Remember the LOL vs SW debacle?
    Good times!
    I remember kabam was going all hard core again that SW was off limit to LoL as it would decrease the enrage system. They didn’t wanted to make things easy haha

• ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

I remember when we 3ould get compensation for emergency maintenances

Would*

I will agree that’s the champ balancing made the game better but after 12.0 is when most of the bugs started showing up. Pre 12.0 gameplay was basically flawless as far as how things were intended to work. Parries didn’t mistime and lag was basically unheard of.
    edited August 2019
    Fjolnir said:

belli300 said:

I will agree that’s the champ balancing made the game better but after 12.0 is when most of the bugs started showing up. Pre 12.0 gameplay was basically flawless as far as how things were intended to work. Parries didn’t mistime and lag was basically unheard of.
    There were tons of bugs and lag was worse than it is now.
    Must have been your device cause it was flawless for me and I’ve been playing since October 2015. Don’t get me wrong there were things like the willpower interaction that made arena almost impossible but I had no issues with lag and if there were a lot of bugs I hadn’t been around long enough to recognize them
    I remember when then nerfed willpower right before I got it
    The will power nerf is literally the most justified need that ever happened to the game period. Not to mention there was a pretty massive compensation package for something that made the game 100million times better to play
    belli300 said:

The will power nerf is literally the most justified need that ever happened to the game period. Not to mention there was a pretty massive compensation package for something that made the game 100million times better to play

Don't get me wrong it was justified I was just a bit butthurt at the time I remember how op it was against Antman and Luke cage
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    belli300 said:

Justified yes, champs like ironfist were not just crappy, but completely unusable in pvp. The problem is how they went about doing it.