**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Back Issues #3: Polar Opposites

Comments

• Alphalink_28Alphalink_28 Posts: 12
    Ghost and red skull should also do really well in the new variant lads
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    IMIW also with a very easy to get to shock on the sp1
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Does any1 remember how many paths each quest had in polar opposites
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Kobster84 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

As for arbitrary, a handful of people have these Champs, and they're more trophies than anything. Here we are debating why we can't use Gems

AndiYTDE said:

It´s just funny how @GroundedWisdom won´t accept facts. And this time we are talking about facts, not opinions!
    Fact: You don´t have to be uncollected to enter LOL
    Fact: Champions like 5* Thor or 5* Punisher who are/were only rarely available for uncollected players are included in the gems, making them more limited than Ultron
    Fact: Ultron was in the game in 2015 and the first time he was available was in 2016
    Thus, Fact: Ultron should be included in the 2015/2016 Rank Up Gem
    What´s @GroundedWisdom counter-argument? "BuT KabAm SaYS nO!"

Actually I made a couple points. People are just arguing against them. Those trophy Champs are not in circulation. One you get only from finishing End-Game content, the other two you might have a chance at once a year, if that. He shouldn't be included for any reason, really. That's not a fact. That's a demand.
    You aren’t answering our counterpoints though, og Thor is much more exclusive than all 3 of those champs yet he’s still there, and you don’t have n argument against that because there isn’t one so you just say because kabam say so or try to end the argument
    He's in the Crystals. The FGMC, and most likely Dungeon Crystal iterations like BW and DS. Those Crystals circulate.
    Not really, he’s been available for maybe 3 or 4 days in the history of the game, kang has been available for multiple weeks, and Thor certainly isn’t available year round
    The other previously-unreleased Champs have gone around. You think he won't?
    Kang and Thanos were only in Gifting Crystals. You had to be gifted them. You couldn't just buy them if you wanted to. Unless you had an Alt, but that's not really circulation.
    Still not answering about lab ultron more people probably have him then og Thor or 5* punisher
    Right. You get ONE from doing LoL. You can't just buy a Crystal and try for him. I know there's a tendency to think everyone in the game is at the same level, but not that many people have OG Ultron.
    Ye and I’m gonna go on a hunch here and say people doing variants aren’t casual players who are still not uncollected etc
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Wow, that was so derailed Kabam Mike literally had to jump in, amazing.

Going back to the topic at hand. I love everything about this new variant and think that it will be a much needed breath of fresh air compared to the 6.2.6 quest. The rewards I feel are excellent as well and I love the fact the quest is shorter. I am curious though how many paths per quests.

@Kabam Miike can you disclose how many paths per quests for V3?
  • Frosty said:

Please keep this on the Topic of Back Issues #3. This is not about the Rank Up gem, and we have stated that Champions like Ultron and Thanos will not be eligible to use year Specific Rank Up Gems and have no intention of changing that. Any further conversation on that topic in this thread will be moderated.

How is a discussion about the rewards of the content this thread is about not on topic?
    Rank Up Gems are their own topic, and I would like to keep this about Back Issues #3, not about the mechanics of one specific reward.

Not only that, but things got very heated, even though we had already touched on the topic at hand.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Will the number paths be a direct 1:1 ratio comparing variant 3 and the polar opposite quest?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    I'm looking forward to it. I can't remember if I was around then. I believe it predates me. I started in November 2015.
    How are the new nodes going to effect the contest and what ideas are being made for the next champions
  • WillieBWillieB Posts: 150 ★★
    Will the difficulty of Variant #3 be closer to Variant #1 or Variant #2?
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    It drops tomorrow (Wednesday) right? Any idea on what time?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

Probably 10am PST like all other content. It would be unusual otherwise.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Cain said:

Same time that everything else always drops (6pm uk time)
  • CainCain Posts: 559 ★★
    Thanks guys 🤘🏼
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    I cant wait for this new Variant! Im ready to go!!
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Cain said:

Probably 10am PST like all other content. It would be unusual otherwise.
    Plus it’s in the message on the first page.
    To let you all know Seatin's got a lot of solid information requiring the new variant
    i think everyone is hoping kabam will listen to more user input however I believe we should all
    have very high hopes for the new releasing content, Goodall fellow summoner and let's appreciate what tomorrow has in stall for us
    I hope you all do well in the upcoming event goo luck everyone ;)
    Thanks amazing content everyone at Kabam
  • MiStaLovaMiStaLova Posts: 942 ★★★
    When variant 3? How many hours?
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Súper excited for this, hope it doesn’t disappoint like 6.2
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Sentinel be like...

• im def screwed on this event. no ghost, sentinel so i might be holding back abit