**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Favourite scene from endgame/infinity war?

EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
Now that endgame isn't in cinemas, which scene did you like the most from the two final movies? My favourite scene has to be Cap lifting Mjolnir, 70 years ago he couldnt stand up to a single bully, now he's beating up The Mad Titan.

Comments

• TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    I am Iron Man
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Endgame: The portal scene. The only good part of a lousy movie. (There. I said it.)

Infinity War: So much of this movie was great, but I gotta go with either Thor’s Wakanda entrance or Doctor Strange v Thanos.
  • The_first_ZagaThe_first_Zaga Posts: 13
    Cap grabbing proxima’s spear from the dark

Cap saying hail hydra/using Mjolnir
  • obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 679 ★★★
    1 short scene in Endgame consisting of 2 words... "Avengers.... assemble". Was the only line I really truly was waiting for through all 4 movies.
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    Infinity War: Thor entrance with STORM BREAKER
    Endgame: Hot potato with the Infinity Gauntlet
  • TheSaith said:

I am Iron Man

I have to agree with this. It gave me chills.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Just like so many people before me, Thor’s entrance into Wakanda will probably be my favorite scene of the whole MCU. There’s so many good scenes in Infinity War though. Iron Man and Spidey saving DS and then their introductions of made up names, Iron Man/GoTG fighting Thanos (mainly SL popping in and out of the portal and giving Thanos a special delivery), and Hulk using HB’s arm to defeat Cull (or Black Dwarf).

To be honest I’m lacking a bunch of favorite moments in End Game. The portal scene at the end was cool but I felt like a lot of the big name characters that originally disappeared like DS, Spidey, and SL didn’t really have enough screen time. And call me what you will but I’m probably the only person who really disliked Cap with Mjolnir.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    "On your left." Just knowing what was about to happen, and the satisfaction of that callback.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★

Cap saying hail hydra

Are you working for hydra...
  • WeeHobbit89WeeHobbit89 Posts: 146
    Scarlet witch crushing thanos’ armour and watching sanctuary stop firing at the ground and aiming for captain marvel just for her to obliterate the ship
  • Batman_26_2019Batman_26_2019 Posts: 70
    Infinity War: probably Wakanda Battle and Avengers vs. Thanos on Titan
    Endgame: Portals, Cap wielding Mjolnir, and "I... Am... Iron Man."
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Scarlet Witch showing her true power by almost destroying Thanos with ease.

It’s ridiculous how powerful she is, and they finally showed us what she can be capable of!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    🤔🤔🤔
    Infinity war - romantic scene with vision and sw. nah just kidding. Seeing proxmia get splattered by sw in the final battle.

Endgame - professor hulk handing ant man a taco. The puny guy needs it badly.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Ordalca said:

"On your left." Just knowing what was about to happen, and the satisfaction of that callback.

That's probably mine as well, although it is hard to separate that moment from the portals opening and revealing the incoming reinforcements. For me, the scene hits on several levels. There's ten year old me seeing an actual comic book double sided splash page on an actual movie screen. There's the sense of seeing the Cavalry charging in to save the day. There's the fact that it is the most dramatic visualization of the Avengers snapping everyone back. And between it and the funeral scene it is the moment that ties Endgame to the rest of the Infinity Saga narrative.

And in my opinion it plays out perfectly. We hear Sam first, Cap's friend. Then we see a portal open to Wakanda and the King emerge, followed by Falcon. Falcon's swoop into the battle then highlights the fact that portals are opening everywhere. Then we see Strange and we realize this was something he orchestrated, followed by the Guardians and then Spiderman. Then we see it is the armies of Wakanda that are entering the fight, then the Asgardians, then the sorcerers of Kamar Taj.

It's sort of Nick Fury's dream writ large. In the theater I was hearing Nick Fury saying there was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people to see if they could work together when we needed them to to fight the battles we never could. Nick Fury formed the Avengers to fight for Earth, and the Avengers went on to form this coalition to fight this fight to save the universe.

When Black Bolt defies the Celestials in Earth-X, Uatu the Watcher thinks it is ridiculous but X-51 tells him that he doesn't understand Black Bolt (or mortal beings in general for that matter). He's willing to die to protect Earth because the Terrigen Mists have mutated all of humanity, which means he considers all the people of Earth his people. When Thanos snapped out half of life, he united the rest against him, and metaphorically speaking he made all of them Avengers, willing to follow Cap and face Thanos.

After the movie I thought about the Justice League movie, and how Diana described Steppenwolf's first invasion of Earth to Bruce Wayne:

"We should've died, but we formed our own Unity. Amazons, Atlanteans, all the tribes of Man, fought side by side. Warriors of legend, allies from other worlds, even the gods themselves, all acted as one, laying down their lives to drag Steppenwolf away."

That kind of sounds like this fight, actually.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Wanda. "You will!"
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Pall Rudd is 50 YEARS OLD and still ripped as hell (he took off his shirt in antman). Don't judge a book by its cover lol
    Jaded said:

Endgame - professor hulk handing ant man a taco. The puny guy needs it badly.