**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New Quest Conversion Crystal

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Did any of you hit the jackpot and get 1,000 units? I got two stacks of the 5x Tier 5 ISO.

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Also, the forum glitched and I posted this twice for some reason.
  • Fiddy85Fiddy85 Posts: 8
    Got 2x and 5x ISO

rofl
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I got 10 full energy refills, I have another 100 quest crystals. I'm debating on rolling the dice again but probably will in a couple days. I don't think the iso helps much so I think if they have iso they should also add at least a couple energy refills with the iso as well.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Where is this exactly?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    LMAO I got a little ISO. Thank's Kabam. Glad I waited to open these...
  • It would be nice to know the drop rates
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    All iso for me. Then did about 50 regular just to see and I actually got energy and units
    I feel like they should’ve done 15-20% to get units but you only get 250-500
    And Energy would be like 15% as well.
    xNig said:

Last 3 crystals gave ISO and 10 more energy refills.

Dang, you got real lucky
    xNig said:

Didn’t even realize you had 3,300 quest crystals saved.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

All iso for me. Then did about 50 regular just to see and I actually got energy and units

Yeah, I was wondering if it was even worth it. Have about 3000 quest crystals...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    No point in opening them before. The conversion crystals definitely helped the finger aches when opening those small regular ones.
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    edited August 2019
    There is a point to opening the small ones. Trading them in is like buying a lottery ticket. You increase your chances of getting nothing (ISO) in order for a chance at a jumbo payout (units or energy). This is because, assuming that the percent odds for units are the same in the regular crystals as in the new big one, you're reducing the amount of "spins" you can take when you open the big crystals.

Just look at opening 100 regular crystals vs. one big one. You're giving yourself 100 spins with a 1% chance at units. So you've got a good chance of getting some units. But if you spin just 1 big crystal, you've got a literal 1 out of 100 chance to get units, not very good odds.

It turns into a high-risk, high-reward situation. In the big crystal, you've got a small chance of getting a huge, outsized unit reward. You'll never open 100 small crystals and get 100 with units, but you MIGHT get that many equivalent units from opening a big crystal if you get that lucky 1% spin. But opening the small crystals is the safer bet, giving you a good chance of getting the average amount of units for the odds.

If it's energy you're after instead of units, it sounds like the value of energy is slightly greater in the big crystals. 100 crystals that all gave small energy refills would be 500 energy. But this seems to say the big crystal gives 10 full refills, which would be 700 energy. So the greater energy reward partially makes up for the more difficult odds by making the reward portion of high-risk, high-reward even higher.

Now, if you actually had 10,000 small crystals you could cash in for 100 big ones, your odds would look more even in terms of your potential rewards. Opening 100 big ones would spread those odds out so your chances of getting similar rewards to the results of 10,000 small ones would be closer. But, still, you're dealing with the safe option, opening 10,000 small ones to spread the risk and give you more guaranteed average, proportional rewards, vs. opening 100 big ones to give you the potential of hitting it big with units or energy but also giving you more potential of striking out with all ISO.

From Kabam's perspective, switching to big crystals changes almost nothing. The odds will be spread out so wide that they'll be paying out the same stuff, although apparently paying out more energy overall. But for the public at large, it's like a lottery. We'll be pooling resources into a higher risk pool, which will create winners and losers. The amount of people who get nothing good will increase in order to create a smaller subset of people who get a big, disproportionate reward.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    I have only 99 quest crystals and struggling to get one more for a single trade-in.

Every resource in my inventory (which was not much in the first place) got wiped out after making a third 5-Star rank 4. :s
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Dang, you got real lucky
    He ain't that lucky all he got was iso smh
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    The email we received I thought was very deceiving. I ended up opening 17 blindly without checking the odds and of course all i got was ISO which is useless to me. I'll have to sell it for gold that I don't need. The odds should be stated in the emails Kabam sends out. This is predatory tactics from Kabam. I was going to get the T4 deal today but the best way I can make Kabam "pay" for this is to skip on the deal which i'm doing so i guess i should thank Kabam for saving me money.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    @JediJones77 thats the point of kabam. just read the ingame mail. its only because they want to take us some work away
  • ZainshamsZainshams Posts: 102

I was really excited until I got the last 3. Needed the units badly.😣
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I got lucky and got 10 energy refills. I feel like just Iso reward needs to be updated to add a least 2 or 3 energy refills and the percentages for units and 10 refills needs to be increased. Otherwise I say it isn't worth it overall.
  • ObicrixObicrix Posts: 18
    Pulled a 5x ISO and a 10x energy refill. So far I’m happy!