**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kinda salty about the new Uncollected Arena Crystals …

Nonexistent chances at reduping my signature-99 three-star Punysher, with a scarce chance at the five-star Punisher! With the idea that I'm sure a vast amount of other players had, I proceeded with opening twenty of these new crystals, after defying what one of my alliance's member had whispered: that the rewards were not as competent than those of the original Arena Crystal, only to find that he was very much correct. I popped 575,000 Gold out of my twenty crystals—no Units, no Refills, no Punisher—when I was only hoping for a profitable amount of Units.
Are there many others who share the same opinion about the shameful odds in this crystal? :neutral:

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    You probably just got bad luck
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    55 crystals got me 1.6 million gold and just over 1500 units
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I opened 300k (3x10crystals) worth and got:

750+75+650 units
    plus over 400k in gold.

The units are in there.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    These crystals are more random than the previous ones. The difference in resources is bigger.
    I opened 140. Got 3kk gold and 1.2k units.
    Someone opens 50 crystals and got more units than me ...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Nonexistent chances at reduping my signature-99 three-star Punysher, with a scarce chance at the five-star Punisher! With the idea that I'm sure a vast amount of other players had, I proceeded with opening twenty of these new crystals, after defying what one of my alliance's member had whispered: that the rewards were not as competent than those of the original Arena Crystal, only to find that he was very much correct. I popped 575,000 Gold out of my twenty crystals—no Units, no Refills, no Punisher—when I was only hoping for a profitable amount of Units.
    Are there many others who share the same opinion about the shameful odds in this crystal? :neutral:

The rewards in the new crystal appear to be the same as in the original crystal except the quantities have been multiplied by five and the punisher champs have gone up in rank. I don't believe the actual odds of particular drops have been changed. I've opened twenty crystals and gotten nothing but gold.

One thing to note about the new crystals is that while the overall odds of getting particular rewards hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean the distribution of what we get hasn't changed. Rewards are likely to be more "bursty" than they were before. In other words, the odds of opening twenty crystals and getting all gold haven't changed. But when that happens with the new crystals that streak generates the approximate rewards of opening a hundred of the older crystals. It was far less likely that a hundred old crystals would have all gold. It is just that on the flip side, if you get more units than average with the new crystals that good luck will also be amplified by five.

You are more likely to get a lot of gold or a lot of units because some combinations are now impossible. You can get no energy refills or you can get five. You can't get two anymore in that crystal: that "in between" luck can't happen because of how the rewards are packaged.
  • The ONLY reason to go for these is if you want 4* or 5* punisher otherwise the law of large numbers puts you better wit the old ones.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    That sucks man but these crystals are High Risk High Reward
  • JayimageJayimage Posts: 94
    Thats a bummer man... I opened 50 and got 1500 units, bunch of gold, and another 40 lvls for my 4* punisher.

Same here I feel I got a good Pull from it
  • CsuttonCsutton Posts: 177 ★★
    Jayimage wrote: »
    Thats a bummer man... I opened 50 and got 1500 units, bunch of gold, and another 40 lvls for my 4* punisher.

Same here I feel I got a good Pull from it

Hope that's not a complaint. No 5*, but way more units than the regular would give
  • odz7hj3h2tjx.jpg
    Guess I got a lot of love
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Much like my 1 for 21 in featured pulls for 5 stars I opened up 7 of these new beauties and got the lowest reward possible for each...15K in gold. I then opened up the regular crystals....they were better.

Tell ya what some accounts get all the good stuff...I have played forever and I get little...they win though, I haven't quit yet...that happens when i pull then dupe 5 star Fiona. Why they talk about balancing the game and then put god awful, terrible, no one wants, and many quit when they get heroes in the 5 star crystal is beyond me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Angelbane wrote: »
    The ONLY reason to go for these is if you want 4* or 5* punisher otherwise the law of large numbers puts you better wit the old ones.

Um, the law of large numbers says the exact opposite thing. The law of large numbers in probability says that over large enough trials the expected outcome approximates the statistical average outcome. So the law of large numbers would state that the uncollected crystal is better than the old crystal because the large trial averages are the same for both crystals for all the normal rewards, but the champion (Punisher) reward is better for the uncollected crystal. It therefore has better value.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya it's feast or famine with these crystals. Opened crystals 3 time in 3 separate lots myself to test it out.

Results:

10 crystals- 205 gold and 225 units
    5 crystals- 110k gold
    1 crystal-50k gold

• I opened 13 crystals and got 675 units. I didn't pay attention to how much gold I got because it's not a concern for me but I can't complain about the units.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    1mwkztr3mtw6.png

only popped 5 and came out decent. sorry you had bad luck!