**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

So you were wrong with the gated path?

I'd like to see restitution been given for each gated path completed. After all players did have to spend resources complete those gated paths

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    And what are you talking about, I dont see a post about this, or an email.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

And what are you talking about, I dont see a post about this, or an email.

It was in the Act 6 Chapter 3 beta forums, Seatin has a video where you can see the full post if you want to read it for yourself.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    There is nothing posted about the removal of the existing gates so why would they give anything to people who have already beat that content. From the sound of the announcement people are either focusing on finishing existing content while they wait for the champs to counter these hard gates, leaving the game, or just plain saying screw act 6 right now. If people aren't motivated to attempt the harder content they wont be motivated to spend on units to clear it. This is why they are taking the gates out of 6.3. Hopefully they will reconsider the gates already existing in 6.2 in the near future or the removal of them on 6.3 wont matter since people are still locked out of them anyway. I eagerly await hemdall with every 5* crystal I spin but until I pull him I won't be wasting my time attempting to pass mr sinister and it's only a matter of time before people like me waiting for a counter to that fight just move on to another game. Hopefully kabam considers this and revises the existing content to make it more enjoyable rather than a neverending waiting game. Forget compensation just make the game fun again
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    They won’t lift a finger. They benefit from it because it gives them cash
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    roberto94 said:

They won’t lift a finger. They benefit from it because it gives them cash

It doesn't give them cash if no one continues to play it. Most people have no desire to do a path 10 times and not even have all their champs available.
  • roberto94roberto94 Posts: 779 ★★
    Yes that’s true but still gives them some enough cash as there are players that ignore “must have motivation” and just pummel through
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Unless they remove the gates there’s no reason for compensation
    roberto94 said:

Yes that’s true but still gives them some enough cash as there are players that ignore “must have motivation” and just pummel through

The people that wanted to pummel through it already did that. That's why they need to incentive new players like myself to explore 6.2 and it will happen. I'm just going to not just talk about it but continue to not explore until they change the game in a way that makes me want to play it. Gotta speak with action.

I agree no need for compensation just remove the gates and possibly make the Champion have only one indestructible charge.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    The Gates aren't for cash. They were Progress Gates. What they do is provide a minimum level of Roster progress for those completing the content. They've already served a purpose, so it was arbitrary to include more. It's as I suspected and already commented. The Gates will ease up later. What they didn't say was they were changing them for 6.1 and 6.2, and they don't really owe any Compensation for them.
    If you read the entire post they said that 6.2 still may be subject to change. If no one continues to explore 6.2 than it will change but they want to make more money from the content. They're hoping the positive reaction to 6.3 will just automatically re-energize the fan-base and I say hold on exploring and make your opinion heard through action because forum posts aren't enough.

Also, everything Kabam does is about money.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Kaladin_ said:

zeezee57 said:

What's the point of this? They tried out something we all knew we'd hate, people hated it as expected and they're going to change it going forward. How is "restitution" or anything necessary for that?

if you complete a level of content with a difficulty of 10, then of the company says the content was too hard and they reduced the difficult, but the rewards will be the same. well the first person is slighted because they had to do more to get the same results. that's where the restitution comes.

Kabam is also done this when they changed the energy cost of act 4. they gave out restitution (energy refills)to anyone that had completed at 4 up to that point.
    Actually you are wrong about act for energy comp. They only gave it to people that did it within 1 or 2 months before the change. I did act 4 years ago and got nothing.

They arent saying its too difficult, they are reacting to the ffeedback as the gates aren't what they wanted them to be. I doubt they'll change anything for 6.2 and I doubt there will be anything extra given out. It's obviously content that can be done, it's just not in the spirit of what they want the game to be.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Kobster84 said:

The Gates aren't for cash. They were Progress Gates. What they do is provide a minimum level of Roster progress for those completing the content. They've already served a purpose, so it was arbitrary to include more. It's as I suspected and already commented. The Gates will ease up later. What they didn't say was they were changing them for 6.1 and 6.2, and they don't really owe any Compensation for them.

Kabam admitted they were wrong with the gates even with the 4* one no need to defend it
    I have access to Reddit. I read what was stated. If you haven't figured out by now that they're controlling what demo the Rewards are released to, I don't know what to tell you. Been saying it all along. Act 6 is building up to R3 6*s. Cavalier Rewards and Resources to R3 them need to go to demos that won't off-set the game at first. By all means, if you want to take a comment and run with it, be my guest. I'm not going in the same direction.
  • Hey there, each quest and piece of content is unique and will likely be designed differently than others. The way some content may be designed for the future will not necessarily alter other quests that are already in the game.
This discussion has been closed.