**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• James_1681James_1681 Posts: 29
    Had this happen yesterday too it's like its frame skipping then all of a sudden your taking a special to the face.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130
    This just happened to me in Featured 5* arena. My 5* OR vs 6* Guillotine. This time it was Guilly backing out in the middle of a combo. Please quit ignoring this bug!!!!
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    This happens to me all the time as well. OR user here as well... People who don't use Omega Red or Massacre and now Namor as well wouldn't notice this much, but it is a HUGE deal for those of us that "specialize" with those champs that do damage to blocking opponents.

This bug is 5 MONTHS OLD at this point... It's borderline unacceptable.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    you know you can throw a special when they're attacking you as well
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★

Haven't seen any indication that's true... But it's beside the point.

IF this is "working as intended" someone should say so. IF it's a bug, it needs to be fixed. end of story.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Vdh2008 said:

This happens to me all the time as well. OR user here as well... People who don't use Omega Red or Massacre and now Namor as well wouldn't notice this much, but it is a HUGE deal for those of us that "specialize" with those champs that do damage to blocking opponents.

It's certainly unacceptable but nothing borderline about it. Simply terrible service and terrible communication without the transparency previously advertised
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Vdh2008 said:

Haven't seen any indication that's true... But it's beside the point.

IF this is "working as intended" someone should say so. IF it's a bug, it needs to be fixed. end of story.
    i do it alot, the bug goes both ways if it's a bug
  • MastersSupremeMastersSupreme Posts: 18
    We had it happen today. Havok vs thing on boss in aw. Resources and attach bonus wasted. hit into his block to get him to 15 so he can special and reset. Instead get a special to the face and KO'd
  • ImAwsum1ImAwsum1 Posts: 179
    There is definitely, at least on on android OS for Samsung Note8, where the defender launching specials while you hit into their block. It happened to me at least 5x fighting the Thing while hitting his block to build the rock stack. In between the 2 and 3rd punches INTO HIS BLOCK, he immediately stop blocking and launched a special. This needs to be addressed asap. And its not just Thing, every fight almost the defender is dropping their blocks.
  • ImAwsum1ImAwsum1 Posts: 179
    @Kabam Miike i have a video if needed.
  • RikuremaRikurema Posts: 141
    I believe the mods said it was theoretically possible, since the AI can react a lot faster than we can
  • MortensisMortensis Posts: 16
    This is happening on IOS as well. Trying to hit into Things block to build his rock charges and he keeps attacking me mid attack.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    This has been happening for awhile and is costly when trying to stay close to opponent to build spores with Omega Red. Just happened to me again in AQ, map 6, node 46, Scarlet Witch. She used her sp1 while hitting into her block.
  • DannyBDannyB Posts: 2
    I thought the latest update had resolved this as hadn’t noticed it during EQ but wow, just went into variant 3 and it’s happening all over the place.

It’s ridiculous that there is no response to this. Threads pop up asking for one and discussing that problem specifically (not the technical in game issues documented here) and they get shut down and sent here but hello!!! Nobody is speaking for Kabam here....
  • DannyBDannyB Posts: 2
    It’s not just those champs, it’s sentinel, red hulk, Corvus, playing an
    Invade node, backing the opponent into the corner, building space from being in the corner, topping the opponent up to a bar of power,
    or near to two, or pushing them
    past two, topping up thing’s rock stacks etc etc.

Just so much fundamental gameplay is being bugged.

I’m at the stage where I’m finishing act 5 exploration and tackling variant with mostly 4* champs. Not taking block damage is imperative hence I rely on the above mechanics to clear content but I can’t trust them. If it happens to me the fight ends and I just restart the path but that’s all units wasted.
    Vdh2008 said:

• DannyBDannyB Posts: 1
    So variant 3 is just crazy for me. This is happening pretty much every time I hit into the block vs she hulk or thing be that with sentinel, starlord, doc oc, imiw, vision.

I’m using iOS 12 on iPhone 7

Conversely I’ve 100% master and uncollected eq this month and cant remember it happening, so it’s not user error...
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Happen to me again twice yesterday, for champs like sentinel you have to hit into the block a lot to gain analysis. I haven’t been hitting into the block with Corvus now which is where you can get a lot of extra damage in before his crit charges are finished, because of this bug that is still here...
  • Ak_555Ak_555 Posts: 19
    This is happening in every fight in Variant 3, with the AI releasing their block whilst you are hitting it to either evade, launch a special, or simply get hit. Playing against characters like the Thing, it makes the game unplayable; there is no way to safely build Rock charges without sending him randomly unstoppable.

Playing as Stark Spidey, Archangel, Nebula, Ghost Rider and Blade on an iPad Pro.

And please nobody talk about it always being possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense. In a game where certain characters require you to hit them whilst blocking it shouldn’t be possible and needs fixing.

Multiple threads have started about this problem since V3 launched so something is wrong.
  • Ak_555Ak_555 Posts: 19
    This is happening in every fight in Variant 3, with the AI releasing their block whilst you are hitting it to either evade, launch a special, or simply get hit. Playing against characters like the Thing, it makes the game unplayable; there is no way to safely build Rock charges without sending him randomly unstoppable.

Playing as Stark Spidey, Archangel, Nebula, Ghost Rider and Blade on an iPad Pro.

And please nobody talk about it always being possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense. In a game where certain characters require you to hit them whilst blocking it shouldn’t be possible and needs fixing.

Multiple threads have started about this problem since V3 launched so something is wrong.
  • spaceoakspaceoak Posts: 135
    Below is the last communication from KABAM on the subject. We are not slowing down our combo to "block break" as DDD calls it. We are hitting into the defender's block as fast as we can to:

Build analysis charges
    build death spores
    build thing's rock charges
    add power to the defenders power meter
    give critical damage on the invade node.

You have made hitting the block a needed function in the game. We have been using it for years to build power to evade specials on stun immune nodes. We need to know what is going on. Please communicate with us!

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

• muddy17muddy17 Posts: 225
    When they fixed the block break bug with domino we can no longer evade or move during a block.. so it’s bug.. it’s bad vs classic spider man
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    muddy17 said:

When they fixed the block break bug with domino we can no longer evade or move during a block.. so it’s bug.. it’s bad vs classic spider man

1) it was not a block break bug.
    2) They changed it so you cannot evade the second hit of her medium dash (which is one attack not 2)
    3) you can still move back or evade during a hit into block by champions. You just cant during that one situation which you shouldn't have been able to anyways.
  • Turkey_Tone83Turkey_Tone83 Posts: 74
    Just had this in war. Using Sparky against Hela. Hit her block and she used a special. Also I was holding block she was hitting the block then broke through it. Tier 5 war. No unblockable or unstoppable was showing on her part.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Just had this in war. Using Sparky against Hela. Hit her block and she used a special. Also I was holding block she was hitting the block then broke through it. Tier 5 war. No unblockable or unstoppable was showing on her part.

What node. Tier 5 does have enhanced special nodes.
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    So i was in Varient 3 and i was using my Starky tactic which is dodge back and then the AI steps back and i hit his shield to knock him back a few but when he was blocking he unleashed his sp1. I have played this game for 4 years that has never happened why would u add that
This discussion has been closed.