**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Should players get restitution for each gated path completed?

With the admittance a being wrong about the gated Paths in act 6 should players receive restitution for any gated path completed?

Should players get restitution for each gated path completed? 76 votes

Yes
43%
Hulk_77Nick_Caine_32Henrytfu_41Rikuremaigotgame1075Isman1998SalsamanderRixoblionofbedstuyMad_Titan_21TaZ_4178IDogeMCoC_fanrcm2017Austin555555GORILLASONICRougeknight87AleorBoogNight22TheSpicyKnight 33 votes
No
56%
GroundedWisdomVdh2008RagamugginGunnerdanielmathCFreexNigTerraJim0172kfd2010SiddhantKwatraOrdalcaTheMightyKahrToxicBlade10or_StrongGeo10megzeezee57VoltolosNoob2435AntSeekxxKyojinxx 43 votes

Comments

• Kaladin_Kaladin_ Posts: 391
    Yes
    if you complete a level of content with a difficulty of 10, then of the company says the content was too hard and they reduced the difficult, but the rewards will be the same. well the first person is slighted because they had to do more to get the same results. that's where the restitution comes.

Kabam is also done this when they changed the energy cost of act 4. they gave out restitution (energy refills)to anyone that had completed at 4 up to that point.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    where did they admit that they were wrong
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

where did they admit that they were wrong

Beta forums for Act 6 Chap 3. Info is on reddit or Seatin made a video.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    Entitlement at its best.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No
    They aren't going to lower the difficulty in 6.2 so no point in this poll.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    No
    This is why a larger beta audience isnt a good idea when people can't keep quiet about upcoming changes.

Happened in 6.1, happening in 6.3 again. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    xNig said:

This is why a larger beta audience isnt a good idea when people can't keep quiet about upcoming changes.

Are the beta members told they need to keep quiet?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No
    I don't agree on the additional compensation. I just want to say that I told kabam that people weren't simply going to play their content. Gates by stars just isn't fun and it limits the champions you worked hard to get. They were wrong and everyone supporting this was absolutely wrong. Kabam can't make money if people wont simply play the content. I wish they would listen early on but the lack of exploration on Act 6.2 says it all.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    xNig said:

Why should a change like this be kept quiet? Why should only Beta testers know.
  • Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 453 ★★★
    xNig said:

Entitlement at its best.

Entitlement? The people who want to be compensated have a valid argument. They beat content at a level of difficulty that was harder than kabam intended it to be. Now theyre fixing that mistake but the people who had to go through those gates are getting the short end of the stick. I personally dont think compensation is necessary if the changes will only affect 6.3 but you are just throwing out words if you think this is "entitlement" especially without any argument to back it up.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No
    Kaladin_ said:

if you complete a level of content with a difficulty of 10, then of the company says the content was too hard and they reduced the difficult, but the rewards will be the same. well the first person is slighted because they had to do more to get the same results. that's where the restitution comes.

Kabam is also done this when they changed the energy cost of act 4. they gave out restitution (energy refills)to anyone that had completed at 4 up to that point.

Can you point out where it said they were lowering the difficulty on existing content, everything in the video is talking about changed for act 6.3. You are jumping the shark a lot here.
    It is doubtful any compensation would be given to anyone unless they actually remove the gates in 6.2. From the post there was no indication that they would be changing existing content, they are just making changes so that the next part of act 6 is more fun and less restricting.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Werewrym said:

xNig said:

Are the beta members told they need to keep quiet?
    They were in the beta for 6.1 that I was in
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes. If they are removing the gates, it would be fair to compensate for all the pain they have gone through.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Kaladin_ said:

You'd be correct if said company forced you to complete that content. You always had the option of stopping and coming back later when your account is more advanced.

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

xNig said:

Nothing was even announced to be changed in the beta forum from what I've read. They said they're going in a different direction for further content but no where did I see anything about adjusting older content. That's not a change. 4*s are still restricted as well, it's just the class and 6* gates supposedly that will not be in further content

Also nothing in a beta is set in stone to be permanent so they could do something else completely by release
  • No
    I think it should wait until an official announcement is made from kabam, not from the testers. Then after that pitchforks and torches can be grabbed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    No

xNig said:

Because it is talk about 6.3, it would be made public in a month or so when they were announcing 6.3 to the general population.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Isn’t it only for 6.3?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    No
    Yeah according to the announcement it is only for 6.3 moving forward but they said 6.2 may still be subject to change. Meaning if people still don't want to play it they may potentially remove the gates and I believe they will. 6.2 just isn't fun and not worth it for majority of the players. I have 8k units and could beat it in a couple days I just don't want to as it currently stands.
  • No

xNig said:

It should be kept quiet because it isn't an official change and can also lead to information being put out that isn't 100% true or accurate causing people to get riled up over something.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No
    Depending on the company and the Beta Test, you usually end up signing an NDA. These are slightly more loose. However, as a general rule, I don't discuss anything before it's announced. I don't even tell people I'm in it until after the fact.
  • Hey there, each quest and piece of content is unique and will likely be designed slightly differently than others. The way some content may be designed in the future will not necessarily alter other quests that are already in the game.
This discussion has been closed.