**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Omega reds heavy degen

Since the most recent update omega reds degen triggers as it should yet the damage doesn't increase or decrease based on the spores after activation. For example: you heavy with 2 spores, damage is 24 a tic...you get 3 spores and it's still 24 a tic and so on. You activate the heavy with 10 spores: 300 damage a tic: you lose 5 spores yet still 300 a tic. I'm using the numbers as an example and not real numbers. How it used to work: throw heavy degen at 1 spore get 20 a tic, during the course of the degen it will go up and down based on current number of spores active until the degen goes away. Hopefully you understand. Thanks.

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,756 ★★★★★
    That was how it always worjed wuth any similar ability. You are probably misunderstanding him with Havoc, who works like you described
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    That’s how it always works, it’s based on the spores when it’s applied
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    Not true. I've been using omega red forever.
  • Derek2kDerek2k Posts: 108
    I was really hoping not to have to go find video. I guess that's out the window.
  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    No matter how many death spores the opponent has, when you apply an heavy the degen is more or less 700 per tick. Even if opponent has 30 spores, which used to heavy degenerate by some 1500 per tick, is now much less.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    OR degen is based on per spore at the time the degen is applied and his attack. Nothing else. Test it out yourself. Apply it at 3 spores and at 10 spores. Then do it again with an attack boost.
    Madcat said:

OR degen is based on per spore at the time the degen is applied and his attack. Nothing else. Test it out yourself. Apply it at 3 spores and at 10 spores. Then do it again with an attack boost.

Yes. I know. There are fights I have some 20 death spores on the enemy, ticking at 1500. I then apply one heavy and back away. The ticks drop to 800, instead of adding to the current degeneration.

I noticed that I have 2 degeneration actives: death field and signature. But when an heavy is activated it somehow reduces the degeneration, instead of adding to it.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/152515/omega-red-spore-damage-bugs-august-2019

This thread has a video of what I am saying. At 0:22 is clear the heavy lowers the degeneration a lot.
  • MagicBentonMagicBenton Posts: 280 ★★★

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/152515/omega-red-spore-damage-bugs-august-2019

This thread has a video of what I am saying. At 0:22 is clear the heavy lowers the degeneration a lot.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Groot video or the Antman video, but in both it's because he backs away and loses the death field degeneration. If he stayed close with death field still active the degen wouldn't decrease.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Groot video or the Antman video, but in both it's because he backs away and loses the death field degeneration. If he stayed close with death field still active the degen wouldn't decrease.
    I answered on that thread. And I was referring to the Antman video.