**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Corvus vs E.M.P. Modification node

Is he getting shocked because it's a passive debuff? Or is this a bug?

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    EMP mod places a passive shock effect, CG is immune from the damage inflicted by shock debuffs.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Is not really described as a "passive debuff". Is just a passive ability. Passive shock, let's say.
    For Corvus, he doesn't have any immunities. HE just does not take any damage from bleed, coldsnap and shock DEBUFFS (which are active abilities) while his glaive's immunity is triggered
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    That’s bs sooo, basically if the incinerate is a passive void, human torch, red hulk , sunspot, iceman, night trashier and whoever else will take the damage ??? Hmmmm great point
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    muddy17 said:

That’s bs sooo, basically if the incinerate is a passive void, human torch, red hulk , sunspot, iceman, night trashier and whoever else will take the damage ??? Hmmmm great point

None will even suffer an incinerate passive except red hulk and only since he is not technically immune (purifies incinerate debuffs) but does have incinerate resist based on the level of his signature ability in relation to heat charges.

CG is not shock immune, by description he is immune to the damage from shock debuffs; big difference in effect.
  • EgeCEgeC Posts: 128

CG is not shock immune, by description he is immune to the damage from shock debuffs; big difference in effect.

Based on this, he shouldn't take any shock damage and based on CG's desc, when Glaive's immunity is disabled, he should purify the shock and get 94.9 damage only.

This is where I'm confused. In that fight, Glaive immunity is active but I still received the shock damage each and every time it was triggered.

If CG's Glaive immunity is just for active debuffs, shouldn't it write properly in his description?

Or is he unable to purify the shock since it's a passive effect thus it's not purifiable?

Ps: There's no shock "effect". It's a debuff. Active or passive is another point.

• EgeCEgeC Posts: 128

EgeC said:

Based on this, he shouldn't take any shock damage and based on CG's desc, when Glaive's immunity is disabled, he should purify the shock and get 94.9 damage only.

This is where I'm confused. In that fight, Glaive immunity is active but I still received the shock damage each and every time it was triggered.

If CG's Glaive immunity is just for active debuffs, shouldn't it write properly in his description?

Or is he unable to purify the shock since it's a passive effect thus it's not purifiable?

Ps: There's no shock "effect". It's a debuff. Active or passive is another point.

There are not passive debuffs per Kabam, this is why I used effect; this helps differentiate passives and debuffs imo. We will call it a passive shock though.

Active/passive debuffs further confuse things so you kinda need to get over the hurdle of thinking that way since the game doesn’t describe them that way.

Debuff/buff icons are shown during the fight with a white border around the icon, like the precision buff from the dexterity mastery you have. Passives have no border like your glaive charges and MODOK’s shield.

CG takes no damage from (interacts with) shock debuffs; debuffs have borders around the icons, you are suffering from a passive shock not a passive shock debuff; passives have no borders.

Being that you have a passive shock and CG only interacts with debuffs you will take damage.

If you don’t accept the language of the game and choose to use your own language you will never understand.
    Thanks for the explanation. I fail to comprehend the game language sometimes, that's true. I think it's because of how they word these things though.

It's weird to understand that your champ is not immune AFTER you get into a fight when you need to look at the borders of some icons. There should be a better language on champ descriptions for these kind of stuff.