**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Don't trade in Quest crystals!

flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Just a warning for all, it's another swing and miss by kabam. I got 2 3000 ISO in the large trade crystal. If I had opened all 100 small ones and got just 75 ISO each, the smallest of them, I would have been better off. I hope others have better luck, but I would just open them individually. Plus you get more (albeit small) weekly summoner points. I know its not a huge deal, but its like Kabam saying "I will give you this shiny new nickel for one of your old quarters"!

Comments

• WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    You’re lucky. I got two iso-8.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★

Like... That's the point and it was pretty clear from them literally explaining what those crystals can drop in their in game message.

"Buyers beware - this product is exactly as advertised!"

It's meant to be somewhat of a trash compactor with the chance for big amounts of iso/units on the upper end and us not having to open 100 crystals for silly small bits of iso on the lower end.

Ahhh ok, so to you a 20-50% loss from norm is one of those "working as intended" moments.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Losing a small amount of potential iso for the possibility of getting 500 or 1000 units is well worth it... smaller players might need that iso super badly... gotta decide if it’s worth the potential payoff to you... well worth it to me.

🐻
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It takes no time to open 10x10 and is much less subject to the perils of "RNG".

These big batch deals are almost never worth it.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    I never open Missions crystals. Why should i?
    The SA points mean almost nothing.
    It Take too much time to open and then again sell them which gives miserabel low amounts of Gold.

I dont need Generic ISO. I sell all of it. For rank ups i Take class iso
    So i could clear my crystal stash and got a chance to some units quickly. They should advertise those crystals every year.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

flygamer said:

Like... That's the point and it was pretty clear from them literally explaining what those crystals can drop in their in game message.

It's meant to be somewhat of a trash compactor with the chance for big amounts of iso/units on the upper end and us not having to open 100 crystals for silly small bits of iso on the lower end.

Ahhh ok, so to you a 20-50% loss from norm is one of those "working as intended" moments.
    Those crystals were never advertised as and therefore quite obviously never supposed to be nessecarily better than just opening 100 mission crystals
    They also weren't advertised as having worse rewards either
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    flygamer said:

Considering I haven't opened a quest crystal in almost 3yrs, I'm happy to roll the dice for a shot at some good units and full refills instead of having to sell thousands of 75 iso. I already sell a ton from the stash. Lvl 1 iso is like having a jar full of pennies to pay for a $10 item. Have fun counting.
    edited August 2019

Snizzbar said:

flygamer said:

Those crystals were never advertised as and therefore quite obviously never supposed to be nessecarily better than just opening 100 mission crystals
    They also weren't advertised as having worse rewards either
    And that's solely the in game message announcing those crystals weeks ago lol.

We just got a message when they arrived telling us exactly what's inside. What is wrong with you people lol?
    I would think this is pretty clear - it says 'equal value' after all...
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    I traded in 1500 for 15 crystals, got 500 units, 11 energy refills and 47 3k ISO, happy days.
    Exactly. We agree then.
    Equal value. Q.E.D.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    dont ask me how i got 11 refills i dont know but i can prove it.

edited August 2019

Snizzbar said:

Exactly. We agree then.
    Equal value. Q.E.D.

It says "comparable rewards" not "equal value" lol.

Could you at least try?
    If you send me a $100, I promise to send you something "comparable".
    edited August 2019
    That is my issue, 20-50% less, to me, is not comparable.

Snizzbar said:

Exactly. We agree then.
    Equal value. Q.E.D.

It says "comparable rewards" not "equal value" lol.

Could you at least try?
    Um, try reading? I just don't know how to help you understand any more than I already have.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    flygamer said:

If I wasn't prepared to see random variation in a random reward, I wouldn't 100 small crystals for one big one. You didn't experience 50% loss, you experienced random variation. Especially since you have a data set of one single pull. You're complaining about flipping a coin once and getting 50% fewer heads than you expected.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    crogs said:

flygamer said:

Considering I haven't opened a quest crystal in almost 3yrs, I'm happy to roll the dice for a shot at some good units and full refills instead of having to sell thousands of 75 iso. I already sell a ton from the stash. Lvl 1 iso is like having a jar full of pennies to pay for a $10 item. Have fun counting.
    Quest crystals are something I only open if I really, really need the stuff inside, and that's kind of rare. When I do open them I often get a blizzard of stuff in overflow. I traded mine in with no intent of opening even the big ones: I would rather have a few big ones that I can accumulate over time, and if I choose to open them I won't have to deal with so much other stuff in the overflow stash. I kind of wish they keep they trade open forever, because if they did I would keep compacting mine indefinitely.
  • Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 807 ★★★★
    Meh, for me the crystals are a novelty - I don't ever really open Questing crystals anyway, hence having over 2k stashed up.

Opening one got me ten full energy. I know not all of them will give me that but that's a lot better than opening 100 regular crystals. Do I know that I have better odds at units and energy with the regular crystals? Yeah... that's just a matter of statistics and sheer numbers, I obviously have a better chance at pulling the 1% drop rate out of 2k crystals compared to 1% drop rate out of 20... but I'll build back up to 2k questing crystals, who knows if this trade in will return, so why not gamble for the mega prize considering I don't open the lesser crystals anyway?

No lost SA points either, so that's nice.