**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Gates... Removed??

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

And they are addressing it accordingly. Why would they stop producing gates unless they agreed that they were unnecessary?

From what I can gather from what's being discussed in the beta (I'm not in the beta and getting information second-hand) the developers are acknowledging that the gates were not satisfying their design goal as well as they would have liked. The core idea was to reward roster diversity, and the gates tried to do that by eliminating some options, forcing players to use other options. Act 6.3 is going to try to do the same thing in a different way, by creating sets of boosts and node buffs that interact in novel ways, some by boosting certain classes (so that rather than restrict the content to certain classes, some classes will get strong benefits) and some by creating unusual combat conditions the players normally don't see, giving players the opportunity to "puzzle" their way out of those fights with certain novel champion combinations.

If there's anyone in the beta reading, please point out that players fight PATHS not NODES. "Puzzles" should be solvable across an entire path. If one fight in a path offers a way to do it with a certain champion or champion synergy combination, but every other fight on that path penalizes that same option too harshly, that theoretical option won't be viable in practice. We're only allowed five champions on the team: puzzle-like paths have to account for that.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    With some of the node combinations in 6.3, you’re gonna wish the gates were still there. 😂😂
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

With some of the node combinations in 6.3, you’re gonna wish the gates were still there. 😂😂

What node combination can make you wish to have less options?

ItsDamien said:

That screenshot is taken out of context, it is Kabam listing what they took from how players perceived 6.1+ before explaining how they plan to improve on Act 6.3+.

That’s exactly what I got from it. Except now, I actually kind of believe they are trying to improve the content, & not make it a money machine.
    The Gates wewent about money.
    Except that Kabam went on to discuss how it felt like people were forced to spend so they can get through the gates. By their own admission, even Kabam felt it was a bit too money grabby.
    They never had much to do with money at all. They may have heard that people felt that way, but that wasn't the purpose of them. They're also not removing them, and that purpose still stands.

Dude, Kabam themselves admitted that their content was pushing too far into that cash grab territory. Whether or not that was the intent is irrelevant, it was made that why & they even admitted it, which I greatly commend... as admitting your wrong is something that takes a lot of guts & something you have obviously never done.
    Where did they admit that? Remember that screenshot is without context from the originating post. The post is addressing how players perceived/received the gates.

And they are addressing it accordingly. Why would they stop producing gates unless they agreed that they were unnecessary?
    I’m not sure where Kabam said gates were unnecessary, they said that’s how people perceived them. They can both acknowledge player perception and address that perception to create new content without agreeing they created cash grab content.

*People are not hip to it yet but class specific boosts which make near impossible defender encounters possible with specific classes achieves similar purposes to that of gates. They both challenge roster and game knowledge.
    Like 5.3 was making champs of all classes but one twice weaker, those boosts are optional. You still can do it anyway, maybe with a higher price. Gates are harder limits, and I can't see how someone can like it. Well, except gw dude
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 566 ★★
    Wasn't one of the legend run times for 6.2 10 days? At least Variant 3 starts later today.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Sure... "Damn, this fight is tough. I wish could use less of my good champions!"
    Your only mission is to make people fear the content that´s coming out, you´ve tried that with 6.2 as well. Bad news is: That´s not gonna work.
    Nah. It's more like "most of your good champs won't work well against it" so having the gates there, though restrictive, tend to make the fights easier. You'll see.

So far, whatever I've mentioned about 6.2 hasn't been wrong.

Have you 100% 6.2 yet?
    xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Sure... "Damn, this fight is tough. I wish could use less of my good champions!"
    Your only mission is to make people fear the content that´s coming out, you´ve tried that with 6.2 as well. Bad news is: That´s not gonna work.
    Nah. It's more like "most of your good champs won't work well against it" so having the gates there, though restrictive, tend to make the fights easier. You'll see.

Have you 100% 6.2 yet?
    I haven't, as I couldn't - a f2p in a relatively relaxed chill aly. I just don't have 6* mutant or mystic of I remember correctly. And I believe there are 6* class gates, am I wrong about that? So why would I even start? But I do have 14 t2a in my inventory, so I can easily rank 5* champs If I need to. Although so far over a year at least the only rank up I did out of need was shehulk to deal with unstoppable.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Have you 100% 6.2 yet?
    I haven't, as I couldn't - a f2p in a relatively relaxed chill aly. I just don't have 6* mutant or mystic of I remember correctly. And I believe there are 6* class gates, am I wrong about that? So why would I even start? But I do have 14 t2a in my inventory, so I can easily rank 5* champs If I need to. Although so far over a year at least the only rank up I did out of need was shehulk to deal with unstoppable.
    I am pretty sure all the 6* class gates are by number, there is one path that requires 4 6*s in act 6.2.6. All the class requirements I think are the 3x 5* of a class.
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

xNig said:

AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

Have you 100% 6.2 yet?
    I am pretty sure all the 6* class gates are by number, there is one path that requires 4 6*s in act 6.2.6. All the class requirements I think are the 3x 5* of a class.
    Anyway only 2.5 champs of all my 6* are decent, so would prefer to wait rather then going in with rag thor or someone as effective
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think you all are missing the point. The acknowledgement really was people not doing the exploration for 6.2 similar to myself who usually completes all the acts within 2 to 3 weeks of it coming out. What they admit to doesn't matter overall, all that matters is players perception. With that being said our actions of not playing the content spoke for itself. So if you want the gates for 6.2 to be removed don't finish exploration because they can't make money if people ignore the content.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

dot_ditto said:

That screenshot is taken out of context, it is Kabam listing what they took from how players perceived 6.1+ before explaining how they plan to improve on Act 6.3+.

That’s exactly what I got from it. Except now, I actually kind of believe they are trying to improve the content, & not make it a money machine.
    The Gates wewent about money.
    Citation please . ;) were's your proof/evidence, etc to support/back this up this claim?
    Wheres yours to say they were?
    Kabam said it themselves that it was a hindrance which would of required some people to spend money to get through these gates
    That's not the same as saying they were intended to make gates about money. They are taking a different path to make it so its not about money, which again, was never the point of the gates in the first place.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

I think you all are missing the point. The acknowledgement really was people not doing the exploration for 6.2 similar to myself who usually completes all the acts within 2 to 3 weeks of it coming out. What they admit to doesn't matter overall, all that matters is players perception. With that being said our actions of not playing the content spoke for itself. So if you want the gates for 6.2 to be removed don't finish exploration because they can't make money if people ignore the content.

This isn't really an effective means to an end. The comments they made pertained to 6.3 moving forward. Not to 6.2 retroactively. They acknowledged the feedback people gave, and said it was arbitrary to use them moving forward.
    The Gates weren't implemented to make money. They were set in place to restrict people who hadn't acquired an advanced enough Roster. The idea they did it to get people to spend is just conjecture. It's there to filter the group of people by Roster depth so the Rewards are accessible to those far enough along. I've said that all along. The Gates would be arbitrary because they already have ones serving that purpose in 6.1 and 6.2.
    I read the entire post. They said 6.2 maybe subject to change. Meaning if people such as myself who can completely explore 6.2 and purposely sit it out, Kabam will potentially remove the gates. It is an excellent strategy and you are misunderstanding the reason why Kabam is discontinuing the gates from 6.3-6.4 moving forward.

I actually predicted that most players like myself wouldn't explore the act 6.2 because of paths and gates while you argued with me about it and was wrong.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

I read the entire post. They said 6.2 maybe subject to change. Meaning if people such as myself who can completely explore 6.2 and purposely sit it out, Kabam will potentially remove the gates. It is an excellent strategy and you are misunderstanding the reason why Kabam is discontinuing the gates from 6.3-6.4 moving forward.

I actually predicted that most players like myself wouldn't explore the act 6.2 because of paths and gates while you argued with me about it and was wrong.

No. You implied if people don't do it, they'll remove them.
    edited August 2019
    @Kabam Miike please clarify

No. You implied if people don't do it, they'll remove them.
    They absolutely will. That's why I'm suggesting to players such as myself who can actually explore 6.2 to continue and hold. I don't know what you don't understand about that. You will be ignored for the rest of this thread. I'm not going back and forth with you today.
    This is funny in light of the post directly above it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike please clarify

We're not removing Gates from Act 6 Chapter 2.
    Lolololol an absolutely perfect answer to a completely misconstrued, watered down post thats been circulating.
    I received misinformation, that's cool I'll admit that I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying @Kabam Miike
  • I received misinformation, that's cool I'll admit that I was wrong. Thanks for clarifying @Kabam Miike

It happens! I just want to make sure that we set the record straight before it spreads further.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    There are many people in this game that could complete 6.2 and probably would've spent to finish it but due to RNG luck they didn't have enough specific class type champs to even do one of the paths. My opinion all the gates do is limit content to people with big rosters and by doing this you are limiting the amount of money people would spend on the game. Hopefully gates will be removed or if they are instituted all star level characters should be allowed to be used. Doesn't make sense to lock out people that want to spend money and contribute to the many years of continuation for this game. Although the gates really had 0 impact on me as my roster is pretty beefy I still didn't like that I had to bring certain champs just for a path which basically made me use 1 or 2 champs only. For that reason alone instead of spending to complete the content I decided to take my time and chip away at it as I gained resources.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    And what is the reasoning behind keeping paygates on 6.1 and 6.2? Now that you have "learned by mistakes" and found out that it is a paygate? Not that I believe that in the first place that you didn't know that, I mean no one is that dumb. It was the most obvious paygate possible and kabam dares to come out and pretend it is a shock to them lmao, the clown fiesta intensifies
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

No we didn't... We have no intention to change Chapter 2 at this time. Which post are you reading? Maybe I can clarify.
    How can you guys admit that the 5 and 6 star requirements provided “no benefit, only a hindrance, therefore felt arbitrary” yet you’re going to keep them in 6.1 and 6.2?

And what is the reasoning behind keeping paygates on 6.1 and 6.2? Now that you have "learned by mistakes" and found out that it is a paygate? Not that I believe that in the first place that you didn't know that, I mean no one is that dumb. It was the most obvious paygate possible and kabam dares to come out and pretend it is a shock to them lmao, the clown fiesta intensifies

They said people felt that way, not that they actually are.