**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are getting bad champions a setback for you

We’ve all had bad crystal openings when it comes to saving up shards. I wanna see other people’s viewpoints

Are getting bad champions a setback for you 401 votes

Yes
51%
ArcDeAngelusPantherusNZRektorSnakeEyes69Alfa_PigeonFuzzylumpsAjavedCFreeThe_Greatest_OneJRock808the_eradicatornelly22XHans_GruberXbelli300KDoggg2017jdrum663MarvinJwallace25GK_23XxicylovexX 205 votes
No
20%
DNA3000GroundedWisdomKpatrixAddyosFoxhero007SungjAspenkfd2010MikeyBoi69Patchie93DragonMCOCTwmRNitro422Sw0rdMasterHammerbro_64spiderknight616MilesHolmwoodLucky7LucianoTatteredSailMalreck04 83 votes
Not anymore
28%
winterthurMasterSmokeSSSwaMr_PlatypusWorld EaterSecondSkrillerTheManMythLegendbuffajrJadedallinashesnameplasUncle_Fatty_247Lvernon15Greifmaster91116wegnerkStingerbkHendrossPizzabeatJohnLocke117Thesurvivlist 113 votes

Comments

• Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Not anymore
    I’ve got plenty of rank up options currently so more worried about resources more so then new champs. New champs are always welcome though!
  • CluelessGuyCluelessGuy Posts: 13
    Yes
    Yup. I’ve opened 11 5* crystals and they have all be rubbish. So I’m still relying on 4*s and won’t have the power to do parts of the game. Meanwhile people are complaining about filing 5*s or not getting the 6* they want. Lol
  • mrcyrclemrcyrcle Posts: 87
    Yes
    Got 6 5 stars now and all of the are trash it's starting to get really depressing.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 688 ★★★
    No
    I don't get dad champions they're all good and useful even the ones i don't like "Spider-man SE, Cap IW"
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Not anymore
    Once you've got a solid roster of r5 5* and a few great 6*, I feel bad pulls are less of a liability. They are much worse when it's say your 1st 6* and you pull a HB instead of a CG. That's a punch in the nutz and really well affect your progression.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Yes
    Yes because I can't attempt Act 6.1, I still rely heavily on 4*, and 4* aren't cutting it as much as before
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    No
    If I get a bad champ., it's some time saving option in arena..

If I get good champ., It's some time saving option in arena + saving some revives and potions.

That's a win win always... Just that more winning on potions :)
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Not anymore
    I got a solid 4* roster now, and I’m not planning on touching ACT 6 anytime soon, so while a bad 5* or 6* pull is sad, it doesn’t change much
  • Webby72Webby72 Posts: 253 ★★
    Yes
    Not so much a setback as a lack of a step forward. In a game that is about competition and advancing, a lack of a step forward may as well be a step back imo.
    Especially when it’s after 4 months of collecting shards just to get a champion that offers no benefit.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    No
    Every champ has its uses. Yeah, some champs are better than others, but you gotta use who you got
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    No
    If I played enough to get 6* fairly frequently, then yes, but honestly I’ve stopped caring about bad pulls and just get hyped for good ones
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    No
    Yes and no, but mostly no. Like everyone else I would prefer to get what I want out of crystal pulls, but I've got a list of tiers of "want" that I can settle for. If I'm opening a 5* crystal for example, I have a short list of things I am most shooting for. But in second place I will take a first time awakening for my strongest unawakened champs. And in third place I'll take any new champ. And then any first time awakening for anyone. And then sig levels on the champs I use the most. And then in dead last a dup of a champ I have no intention of using for anything other than arena fodder in the foreseeable future.

So instead of rarely getting what I want and missing almost all the rest of the time, I sometimes hit the jackpot and sometimes get something pretty good and sometimes get something okay and only sometimes get something I genuinely can't really use much. So I don't get that same "fifteen worthless pulls in a row" thing that some players do, which makes it easier to just take the pull and move on.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Not anymore
    My current roster can deal with most new challenges, mostly my 6* ghost and r5 omega aegon cap and quake
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Not anymore
    the thing is that there are gonna be monthly balance changes so a **** champ will be at least decent in a month or so
  • PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,408 ★★★★
    Yes
    I voted yes but its not so much that bad champs are a set back as it is that particularly good champs are a massive boost and can absolutely skyrocket your progression.
  • MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    Yes
    Always a setback :(
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Not anymore
    I guess I wouldn't really say it's a setback for me to pull good or bad... Usually..

My current roster can clear most content, so pulling a good or bad champ doesn't affect me much. Pulling say.. a 5* Omega or Domino isn't gonna do much for me. The setback is when I can't pull counters I need for certain game modes. So, in way it's bad to pull bad, but not always good to pull good... lol.. I hope that makes sense.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    No
    I don't consider it a setback. There are Champs I want to pull, but it all goes into progress in one form or another.
  • XdonreXdonre Posts: 154
    Yes
    At my progression so-called "bad" pulls seem more frustrating because it just takes so much time for me acquire the required shards.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    No
    My only three 5 stars are Miles, Ronan and Rocket, which is annoying. But my 4 star roster is very strong (imo). And I have several of them that I still need to rank up such as Thing, She-Hulk and Spider-Gwen. Not to mention the champs I still want to Rank 5. So is it frustrating to get stinky pulls? Especially 5 stars? Yes. Extremely. But does it set me back? No.