**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[iOS] 24.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for iOS users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, iPhone 7)
Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.1 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• MaciekpakuMaciekpaku Posts: 26
    Maciekpaku
    iPhone 8 Plus
    iOS 12.2
    WiFi and Cellular
    Game ver. 24.1
    Every game mode
    Issue: over heating in every game mode, it doesnt matter if i use wi fi or cellular. After 10-15 min of arena phone is very hot, not as much as when year ago we had those over heating problems but also very hot.
  • Cdw1981Cdw1981 Posts: 17
    TomtomUK
    iPhone XS Max
    iOS 12.3.1
    Cellular & Wifi
    Game ver 24.1
    All game modes
    Issue: gets constantly stuck on the loading screen. Have to force close the app and restart, then it’s fine for a while but if I navigate from one game mode to another (ie from Arena to War) it’ll get stuck on the loading screen again.
  • CHA0S TH30RY
    iPhone 8plus
    Cell and WiFi
    No real in battle lags but game lags out and requires restarts between different game modes but more often if alliance quest or war related. Just lost half my life and a death in war due to game lagged entering a match. I have screenshots if needed.
  • ArmyOfDarknes
    iPhone XS Max
    iOS 12.4
    Cellular and WiFi
    Game version 24.1
    All game modes
    Issue: constantly getting stuck on the loading screen for several minutes. For example, I will click to start a fight and I will wait in the loading screen for a few minutes before having to force close and restart only for it to have taken half of my champion’s health. It will also get stuck in the loading screen when going between tabs on the menu such as from champions list to viewing my inventory.
  • BomberManBomberMan Posts: 58
    SuperBomber
    iPhone XR
    Cell and Wifi
    I notice the issue when I am switching from one mode to another like from arena to quest or from quest to war, etc.

• phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    Kill Phil
    iphone7 ios12.4
    wifi or network
    Infinite loading screen. Esp when exiting a fight. Overheating, phantom dashes, and input lag. All game modes.
  • The game keeps closing after a mission or if I select a different section of the game.
    For example, if I go from champions to crystals or alliance to home there's a very High chance it will close the whole game.
    This has only been happening since the update and is VERY frustrating.
  • CAN U CLARIFY WHAT CHAMPS AND MAPS CAUSES LAG
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    BowTieJohn
    iPhone 6s
    iOS 12.4
    WiFi and Cellular
    Game ver. 24.1
    Every game mode
    Issue: Severe lag in Questing and Arena especially. Game randomly closes out after 1 or 2 fights often.
  • In-Game Name: A - Aron

Device and Model: iPhone Xs Max
    Device Operating System: iOS 12.4

Cellular or WiFi: wifi (haven't used on cellular

Game Version Installed: Version 24.1

Game Mode: Monthly Events Quest

Description of the Issue: Lag periodically happening especially when defenders throw a special. Resulting in quitting quests or using resources to revive. One example: Noticing heavy lag with havok in final chapter of this months quest on his sp1, usually can evade fine but with lag/glitching makes impossible.
  • In-Game Name: TexasTimmo
    Device and Model: iPhone 6s
    Device Operating System: 12.4
    Cellular or WiFi: Both, Sprint
    Game Version Installed: 24.1
    Game Mode: Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest, Duel, and Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: when fighting against champs that have a special 2 that flies across the screen the screen completely freezes and flashes disallowing your champs to swipe back. Most recently last night in AQ against DeadPool the screen froze on his sp2 activation and disallowed any kind of movement with a quick flash of the screen. After the flash occurs the champ can move again. I see it mainly on Deadpool (dpx and og DP), venompool, Venom, and Corvus (yes I know his sp2 can be unblockable). I’ve seen this issue since the update before. I was hoping the new update would’ve fixed the issue, but it has not.
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    Seraph-One
    iPhone X
    iOS 12.4
    Cellular & Wifi
    Game ver 24.1
    All game modes
    Issue: gets constantly stuck on the loading screen. Have to force close the app and restart. This is costing me half health in AW and AQ
  • Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the iOS version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

Device Operating System: (Example, iOS 11) You can find out the operating system on an iPhone by going to Settings, then General and scrolling down to “Version.”
    Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
    Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the App Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.1 version of the game.
    Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
    Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Hi Summoners!

• PeterParkerIOS
    iPhone 5
    iOS 12.4

Can’t update catalyst. App freezes and won’t connect. Then it crashes. Runs hot when using.
  • Diezel_FluidDiezel_Fluid Posts: 3
    Sometimes during matches the game pauses. It throws off your timing and really hurts you if you are in tougher content. Please fix.
  • Dart1981Dart1981 Posts: 222 ★★★
    Dart1981
    iPhone 7
    iOS 12.4
    WiFi and Cellular
    Game ver. 24.1
    Every game mode
    Issue: Sometimes, randomly, when trying to block OR dash back my champ dash's forward instead and takes damage from either a combo or a special. There is no interaction with the screen of my device to cause this. The game does it itself. This has been happening for about a year and a half and every time I think it has stopped it comes back.
  • Webspinr
    iPAD 2 IOS 10.3.3 WiFi
    iPhone 8 IOS 12.4 Cellular & WiFi

Cannot retrieve catalysts from the vault. New catalysts will go into the vault but when I try to retrieve them (I cannot select any of them so I try to use the CLAIM MAX), the " Problems with connecting to network" appears, locks up, then "Reconnect" shows up after about a minute.
  • 5minmajor5minmajor Posts: 33

5minmajor
    iPhone 6+
    iOS 12.4
    WiFi and Cellular
    Game ver. 24.1
    Every game mode
    Issue: I’ve been getting stuck in the loading screen a few times a day. Game crashes a few times a day. Flooded with lag a few times a day. So my suggestion is instead of just changing the date on the post at the top of the page every month, she’d some light on what going on with the game. All my problems have been going on for months and I’m yet to get any kind of explanation.
  • Snow_stryker
    iPhone 7
    iOS 12.3
    WiFi and Cellular
    Game ver. 24.1
    Every game mode
    Issue: Game connection issue even with healthy wifi and Cellular network... Lag during fights.. Auto quit the fight: My champ will be KO but enemy will be with full health..
  • Except Arena mode.. I don’t play much Arena..
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Anyone else experiencing infinite loading screens? Its happening incredibly frequently for myself, loading into fights, loading into AQ menu, AW menu, to the store (this is more a case of the game soft locking), any loading screen can lock up from what I’ve experienced.
    iPhone SE, IOS 12.1
    If that helps
  • Jcb1018Jcb1018 Posts: 2
    Game unable to connect at log in . Once in loses connectivity in all formats . Arena maybe get a couple fights in before freeze and have to force restart which might happen . Game basically unplayable . iPad (6th generation)
  • SlamjoeSlamjoe Posts: 8
    iPhone 8 -
    Randomly my character won’t dash or block.

Sometime when I dash forward they will just do a medium attack.

Sometimes instead of dashing the character will just throw up a block and parry the opponent.

It’s very annoying
  • Sjr38Sjr38 Posts: 16
    edited August 2019
    iPad Pro (12.9 inch)
    iOS 12.4
    Game update 24.1
    WiFi connection
    Every aspect of the game.

Issue: Been dealing with this sine August update.... Infinite loading after 10-30 mins of game play. Switch to arena, AW, AQ or check inventory. Causes many deaths, only way out of infinite loading is to hard close. Makes the game basically unplayable. Many in my alliance experiencing the same thing. Game lags, has many bugs to make things worse! I don’t even try to play in my iPhone XS, cause I don’t want your games platform to ruin my phone.
This discussion has been closed.