**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Improvements for Marvel Contest of Champions

Credit for Part of this post goes to Chunk. This is his original concept of how to improve the game. Now for something I'm betting a lot of you wish was in the game. The first suggestion is a quote from Chunk's original post with a small edit made by me.

Trading

Woah Woah Woah! Hold your horses, please. There has been a ton of controversy over the idea of trade, however, there is a proper way to do it in my opinion. A ton of people are worried about scammers, people begging, etc. With my ideology on the trade situation, I think I found a perfect middle ground.

To prevent scams, the trade would work in ways of requests, rather than live. This way, people can trade while the other party is offline. I am no visual effect genius, but I have worked out a prototype of how trading would work, please take a look.

This showcases the trade button and interface. You'd only be able to trade with someone if they are either your friend or in your alliance and both sides must confirm the trade before it happens. However, the trade does not have to be within the same rating. My logic for this is that some champions can be extremely rare. Let's say that I won a 5-star Sunspot from arenas and I upgraded it to max signature level, rank, and level, but someone else has a 6-star immortal iron fist. Despite the fact that the Sunspot is better, the Iron Fist is rarer. So if I wanted the Iron Fist then I could trade for it. There should also be a 12 hour period where if either side does not want to trade, then they can cancel. The champion being traded can not be in a quest at the time of the trade.

This next showcase shows how the request would work. It would work almost like a Gift Notification.

With these precautions in effect, it would be really hard to scam people and turn a victor in a trade. Trades should be even and fair amongst both parties. This also wouldn't affect the economy too much since it is most of the time going to be a 1:1 ratio of PI exchange.

Promoting

When I say promoting I mean adding a star. For example, you could make a 3-star symbiote supreme a 4-star. This is what it would look like.

However, to promote a champion it must be maxed out and max signature level. When it becomes the next star everything will reset. So my Symbiote Supreme which is shown up there would become a 4-star rank 1 level 1, signature ability not unlocked. The cost of actually promoting the champion would be the cost of making the next star rating rank 2. For example, to upgrade a 4-star mystic champion to rank 2, it costs 4 tier-3 basic catalysts, 3 tier-2 mystic catalysts, and 27,425 gold. So that's, how much it would cost to promote the 3-star Symbiote Supreme. Then there could also, be promotion gems that work exactly like rank up gems. Here is an example of 1 that would be used to promote any 3-star into a 4-star.

Profile Pictures

This is a fairly simple idea. Let's say that my top champion is a 4-star Stark Spidey. Like shown in the picture below.

Right now the only way to get a border around a champion in your profile picture is to have that champion be your top champion. However, if you have another champion you want to be your profile picture you should be able to use that champion and use the border that you have unlocked.

Leagues

When an alliance participates in alliance wars they get certain rewards based on their rank. In leagues, it is single player and is based on two separate categories with two different rewards. Arena participation and quest completion. Based off of the total arena points gained and the total number of quests completed and the difficulty of the quests.

Alliance Arenas

This will be the last suggestion for today. This is also fairly simple. It's just arenas, except this time your entire alliance is in the arena competing against other alliances. It is basically like regular arenas. Your alliance competes in the arena, gets the milestone rewards, and if they get enough points they get ranked rewards and could possibly get new champions. There will be restrictions just like in other arenas and these champions will be exclusive to the arenas and certain crystals. You can also get alliance arena points in which you can use to buy alliance arena crystals in which you have chances of getting an alliance arena character.

Comments

• DRTODRTO Posts: 1,618 ★★★★★
    No
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    To be perfectly honest I’m not a fan of any of them, trading would completely break the progression path and would cause issues where alt accounts trade with main accounts, promoting stars would negate the use of higher tier shards and would mean that basically everyone would have 6 star versions if the best champs, leagues and alliance arenas would make it so to get the best rewards you have to spend your whole life grinding, profile pic borders would be nice though, but wouldn’t really make the game any better
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I actually like the ideas of trading or promotion.

This game...it baffles me how so many people are adamantly opposed to other players getting characters they want.

This game literally drops champions, 98 percent of the time, by RNG. You can literally go years without getting a dupe of a character, or even getting a character at all. In fact, there is absolutely go guarantee whatsoever that you will ever get a character at the rarity you want.

I don't understand why people embrace that.

There are a ton of people who aren't in alliances. They just want to collect characters and play casually.

Instead of being reflexive and saying "no" in a game that adds two characters every month, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to figure out how it could work.

Maybe one promotion or one trade per account. Something like that
  • Sagittarius78Sagittarius78 Posts: 34
    I like the trade idea.
  • science22science22 Posts: 125

Credit for Part of this post goes to Chunk. This is his original concept of how to improve the game. Now for something I'm betting a lot of you wish was in the game. The first suggestion is a quote from Chunk's original post with a small edit made by me.

Trading

Woah Woah Woah! Hold your horses, please. There has been a ton of controversy over the idea of trade, however, there is a proper way to do it in my opinion. A ton of people are worried about scammers, people begging, etc. With my ideology on the trade situation, I think I found a perfect middle ground.

To prevent scams, the trade would work in ways of requests, rather than live. This way, people can trade while the other party is offline. I am no visual effect genius, but I have worked out a prototype of how trading would work, please take a look.

This showcases the trade button and interface. You'd only be able to trade with someone if they are either your friend or in your alliance and both sides must confirm the trade before it happens. However, the trade does not have to be within the same rating. My logic for this is that some champions can be extremely rare. Let's say that I won a 5-star Sunspot from arenas and I upgraded it to max signature level, rank, and level, but someone else has a 6-star immortal iron fist. Despite the fact that the Sunspot is better, the Iron Fist is rarer. So if I wanted the Iron Fist then I could trade for it. There should also be a 12 hour period where if either side does not want to trade, then they can cancel. The champion being traded can not be in a quest at the time of the trade.

This next showcase shows how the request would work. It would work almost like a Gift Notification.

With these precautions in effect, it would be really hard to scam people and turn a victor in a trade. Trades should be even and fair amongst both parties. This also wouldn't affect the economy too much since it is most of the time going to be a 1:1 ratio of PI exchange.

Promoting

When I say promoting I mean adding a star. For example, you could make a 3-star symbiote supreme a 4-star. This is what it would look like.

However, to promote a champion it must be maxed out and max signature level. When it becomes the next star everything will reset. So my Symbiote Supreme which is shown up there would become a 4-star rank 1 level 1, signature ability not unlocked. The cost of actually promoting the champion would be the cost of making the next star rating rank 2. For example, to upgrade a 4-star mystic champion to rank 2, it costs 4 tier-3 basic catalysts, 3 tier-2 mystic catalysts, and 27,425 gold. So that's, how much it would cost to promote the 3-star Symbiote Supreme. Then there could also, be promotion gems that work exactly like rank up gems. Here is an example of 1 that would be used to promote any 3-star into a 4-star.

Profile Pictures

This is a fairly simple idea. Let's say that my top champion is a 4-star Stark Spidey. Like shown in the picture below.

Right now the only way to get a border around a champion in your profile picture is to have that champion be your top champion. However, if you have another champion you want to be your profile picture you should be able to use that champion and use the border that you have unlocked.

Leagues

When an alliance participates in alliance wars they get certain rewards based on their rank. In leagues, it is single player and is based on two separate categories with two different rewards. Arena participation and quest completion. Based off of the total arena points gained and the total number of quests completed and the difficulty of the quests.

Alliance Arenas

This will be the last suggestion for today. This is also fairly simple. It's just arenas, except this time your entire alliance is in the arena competing against other alliances. It is basically like regular arenas. Your alliance competes in the arena, gets the milestone rewards, and if they get enough points they get ranked rewards and could possibly get new champions. There will be restrictions just like in other arenas and these champions will be exclusive to the arenas and certain crystals. You can also get alliance arena points in which you can use to buy alliance arena crystals in which you have chances of getting an alliance arena character.

I like the alliance arena ideas but the others are no
  • elgaberinoelgaberino Posts: 74
    I like the creativity of all these ideas, but most would completely change the game, meaning most people would lose a lot of the value for which they have been grinding.
  • gmail_on_com4gmail_on_com4 Posts: 47
    Mabey pre-fight abilities should be able to activate in the battle arenas, and there should bexpect tier 6&7 iso-8 IN the Battlerealm and the goldpool crystal should be added to my collectors Vault available to purchase with UNITS or Crystal Shards and on July the greater Goldpool crystal can be purchased and has a chance to award a 5 or 6 star Goldpool a lot of gold 55× units or a 3-Star Deadpool and garentees goldpool crystal shards or as he calls it freedom and last but not least mysterio should be the boss on the act_6 mission Guidance unless there is already a boss in there