**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone else throwing unwanted specials when trying to block?

DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
Seems like this has been happening since the past update and don't know if it's a device specific issue (iPhone X)or if others are seeing it too. Now it seems like the left side sensitivity is all whacked out and I'm throwing off specials are horribly inopportune times and getting wrecked as a result. Anyone else seeing this happen? Happens with multiple champs in every game mode.

Comments

• DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    I guess it's not just me since I just had this brought to my attention. Why the sudden change? It's cost me hundreds of units worth of items in AQ and Variant because my champs aren't acting as they have for 4 years now. Will this be fixed?

https://youtu.be/JBjybfrFauM
  • Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    DalBot said:

I guess it's not just me since I just had this brought to my attention. Why the sudden change? It's cost me hundreds of units worth of items in AQ and Variant because my champs aren't acting as they have for 4 years now. Will this be fixed?

https://youtu.be/JBjybfrFauM

DalBot said:

ya its really annoying i have been ko'd because of this and starting to get really pissed

• I'm on an android and there have been times when I dash back and try to lock and end up launching an sp, ultimately getting me pummeled
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    Mine like to toss random heavy attacks and stop attacking mid combo to just stand there like a punching bag lol
    Buttehrs said:

Mine like to toss random heavy attacks and stop attacking mid combo to just stand there like a punching bag lol

I think that's more an issue of tapping too fast so the AI thinks of two quick taps as one held heavy attack. This one they literally moved the special trigger up a tiny bit on the screen and it caused chaos when we are hard wired from tapping the same spots for years now
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,688 ★★★★★
    DalBot said:

Buttehrs said:

I think that's more an issue of tapping too fast so the AI thinks of two quick taps as one held heavy attack. This one they literally moved the special trigger up a tiny bit on the screen and it caused chaos when we are hard wired from tapping the same spots for years now
    Idk mine will still charge a heavy attack when im not even touching the screen lol
    Literally just cost me a Magik in Variant. Was fighting AoN Hyperion and was in the power lock cycle but accidentally shot off an SP1 before getting back to SP2 and it was window enough for him to get his powergain back and destroy me.

I've blown a lot of units due to champs dying as a result of this. I'm sure there will be no acknowledgment or compensation.
  • LegionnaireLegionnaire Posts: 47
    I noticed this too...so annoying. I thought the specials button used to be a little further to the left and never had this happen before.
    Yeah I honestly don't know what code error caused this change but it needs to be fixed ASAP
  • OhGodYesOhGodYes Posts: 143
    What the heck Kabam. This is a seriously unwanted, un-needed and unnecessary change! Why would you do this? It blows my mind. I can dig back years of forum posts and find ZERO people saying: Oh wow, you know what would be great, if only the special button is moved up higher, that would really change my experience... NO ONE! So why do it? Of all the things you could change, why change the stuff that no one ever complains about?!
    OhGodYes said:

What the heck Kabam. This is a seriously unwanted, un-needed and unnecessary change! Why would you do this? It blows my mind. I can dig back years of forum posts and find ZERO people saying: Oh wow, you know what would be great, if only the special button is moved up higher, that would really change my experience... NO ONE! So why do it? Of all the things you could change, why change the stuff that no one ever complains about?!

Not really sure we can confirm if it's an intentional change or not but something needs to be done about it
  • CapatomCapatom Posts: 20
    edited August 2019
    Can a moderator please address this .. I was worried thinking that my phone might have been damaged .. I have been facing the same issue.. my champs randomly throw specials and get wacked .. been seeing it more in the last 2 or 3 days..
    Happened with ghost Rider and Stark Spidey in war today.. Rider healed up and starky evaded luckily ..
    I play on an Android phone with a snapdragon 845 processor .. if I you need more specifications ..
    It's an undeniable design change that really needs to be acknowledged and fixed
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    The placement of the special buttons was moved slightly but it will be moved back in our next update. Sorry for the confusion here. If there are any updates we'll post in the existing thread here.
This discussion has been closed.