**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enemies evading mid combo

This is bad, I've been doing V3 and enemies are constantly evading mid combo, the same problem which was happening with enemies launching specials mid combo, seems they aren't stuck in the comboed state long enough and have ability to do whatever they want. I'll try to post a video

Comments

• Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    *when I'm hitting them on block, they drop their block sometimes they get hit, sometimes they dash back
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Yep - seems consistent with the AI having the ability to launch a special mid combo or dex mid combo that has been reported for months with no update, whereas we have a hard coded delay that prevents us from doing the same. Great video highlighting this bug!
  • Scrubkiller_1Scrubkiller_1 Posts: 140
    Can confirm, the AI will sometimes just dash randomly away or towards me while I'm hitting into their block. Didn't notice it much till Variant 3 tho.
  • StantonaStantona Posts: 106
    I can confirm this 100%, more noticeable with Sentinel when trying to build analysis. It doesn't matter how quick you try to smash out that combo, Sentinel just seems sluggish allowing that split second for the AI to fire off that special attack in between hits. More annoying than anything!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    This is not "mid combo", a combo is when the combo meter climbs, when you hit them. Hitting into their block is not a combo. This is the same as the other thread which is they do things while blocking.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Uh @Lormif - watch the video. It is happening both during hitting into their block or when hitting them with the meter climbing.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Madcat said:

Uh @Lormif - watch the video. It is happening both during hitting into their block or when hitting them with the meter climbing.

umm... no
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    It's been happening for a very long time. They know about it. All that will happen is that a mid will enter this thread and ask you about your device, operating system andcwhag you had for dinner. This issue will NEVER be addressed as it helps the bottom line.
    Madcat said:

No it is not. The only time you had a full combo in the video was at the 10 second mark after his heavy and he did not jump back. the only other times you actually did not hit into block as at the 20 second mark where he droped his block and you hit him 3 times and no step back and then at the end of the video when intercepted and hit him 3 more times and you stopped to stop the video. At no time in your video did he evade back during the combo, only during your attack on his block.
    Lormif said:

This is not "mid combo", a combo is when the combo meter climbs, when you hit them. Hitting into their block is not a combo. This is the same as the other thread which is they do things while blocking.

I already mentioned on my second comment that it was happening when hitting block, but you can keep going on until demonzfyre can come here to help you prove your point.

Lormif said:

I already mentioned on my second comment that it was happening when hitting block, but you can keep going on until demonzfyre can come here to help you prove your point.
    If that was not just an amendment you could have edited both the title and the post at 4 minutes later. All I can go on is what you post.
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

If that was not just an amendment you could have edited both the title and the post at 4 minutes later. All I can go on is what you post.
    So you're commenting on the title unlike every person in here who read the post and saw the video? Pretty helpful gotta give it to ya.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

So you're commenting on the title unlike every person in here who read the post and saw the video? Pretty helpful gotta give it to ya.
    I am commenting on the title and your OP, which says mid combo. Your second post does not clarify if you meant only into blocks or both... Your lack of clarity is the issue here.
  • Fet572Fet572 Posts: 2
    I need help. Venom has a passive that prevents spider man and others from evading. In act 5 chapter 2 quest 3 there is a spider man classic and I used venom to prevent evading but he still evaded. there was no node that made him evade.
    Fet572 said:

I need help. Venom has a passive that prevents spider man and others from evading. In act 5 chapter 2 quest 3 there is a spider man classic and I used venom to prevent evading but he still evaded. there was no node that made him evade.

Probably evaded at the instance when you didn't have the black buff
    Fet572 said:

That spiderman is on a buffet node, buffet eats the kevlar armor buff that prevents the evade.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

I agree, I was watching for the Combo but there was none. I also confirm what the OP is stating, though. I've had spontaneous Evade a number of times throughout the game. I've also had issues with them hitting through Block, but that's a separate subject.
  • Bafamet_1979Bafamet_1979 Posts: 40

Here's the It happens to me all the time. Uncollected events, arena and aw.

• Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Multiple times esp in v3 and especially with sentinel they are intercepting me mid combo, I fast tap for 5 combo as I have for the last 4 years and suddenly I'm just being punched back after my second hit, I see my third hit start to swing and the defender just suddenly intercepts, happened three times last night in my hour long attempt to bring down the Regen rogue in 3.1, with sentinel and also starky (when I had her under 40% of course) and also gr. Mid combo, while they are not blocking And when my first two combo hits are successful ( I've just accepted that they can special at will when they are blocking now and don't hit more than once once they have a bar of power) that's a given
    I can post video but the naysayers can always argue that it's just a dropped input, or I'm tapping too slow like the fact that this hasn't been an issue for the last 4 years and dozens of times these last 2 weeks is just me getting slower?