**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many docks does it take for players to stop modding in AW Seasons?

Comments

• SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★

Certain accounts who do these...need to get banned. its against TOS, and should be bannable offense

ANYONE who cheats should be banned. PERMABANNED

The problem here is, Kabam don't see it that way, doesn't matter what is written in the TOS or anything else they write.

They give out bans for X hours, and that is that. Then the next offense, X more hours, and so on.

Pretty much means that they don't want to or can't enforce the TOS, in fear that they were wrong.

Remember not to long ago they were throwing out bans for Quake players that were winning matches, yet, had 0 hits. Then they had to give them compensation for wrongly flagging them as cheaters.

For the docking in AW, they even REFUSE to tell what player(s) did it, so that any legit leaders & officers have no clue on who to kick, until they see someone that hasn't logged in for a few days. How does ANY of that make any sense?

I do think that these guys that cheat, that jump from alliance to alliance, and all the arena bots (that are STILL GOING ON TODAY) need to be permabanned, no question about it, but, they need to be correct, flag their accounts and monitor EVERYTHING they do, the battles and so on, and then take that data and run a simulation to see if the numbers match up, if not, nuke their account.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

@GroundedWisdom you said the alliane that played fair against a cheating one lost fairly is what you are saying right... you know that you are also saying that THE CHEATERS won FAIRLY you see that doesnt add up at all.

That's not what I said at all, and I'm really not getting into default Wins anymore. I've already said I don't agree with awarding them by default.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    djr17 said:

djr17 said:

Rasilover said:

@GroundedWisdom you said the alliane that played fair against a cheating one lost fairly is what you are saying right... you know that you are also saying that THE CHEATERS won FAIRLY you see that doesnt add up at all.

That's not what I said at all, and I'm really not getting into default Wins anymore. I've already said I don't agree with awarding them by default.
    Imagine defending modders

At no point did I defend anyone. I'm just as much against cheating as the rest of you. I just don't agree that people should be handed Wins automatically. On either side. One side wants it from cheating, the other wants it for following the rules. Wins are earned. Not given.
    Wins can't be earned in an impossible matchup that is made impossible by cheating. People spend real money on this game. Your position is contrary to all gaming/sports worldwide and all sense of fairness. In most cases the cheating alliance is cheating because they aren't going to win otherwise. The fear that you may award a win here and there to an alliance that might have lost anyway is a terrible reason to penalize everyone that faces cheaters.
    So, Oklahoma is the BCS champion of 2004?
    Right. Because Reggie Bush's family receiving improper benefits causing wins to be vacated years after the fact is similar to modding in a video game. Those improper benefits to Bush's family actually made it impossible for Oklahoma to finish ahead of USC. Excellent point...

Your position is contrary to all gaming/sports worldwide and all sense of fairness.

My point was that the 04 champ is contrary to this statement. Deflategate also says hello.
    My point is that the 04 champ (or lack thereof) is not contrary to the statement, and neither is deflategate. I don't recall saying that any kind of cheating whatsoever ought to automatically award the victory to the other side. Not all cheating even results in a disqualification. Honestly the NCAA vacating wins is kind of stupid. Modding in a video game amounts to one side not actually playing the same game. Not really comparable to Tom Brady using a slightly less inflated football. Even if I granted your point, the truth of the statement doesn't really hinge on there being no counterexamples. But in this case they aren't actually counterexamples.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    You made a blanket statement. I provided an example to show it is not the case. You then dismissed the example as irrelevant. The truth of a blanket statement is entirely reliant on there not being a counterexample, therefore the counterexample is relevant.

To the point, cheating is cheating, whether it is through modding a mobile game or modding a football to gain an advantage. Unless you can provide evidence showing that a cheating ally is using mods to affect their AWD, you cannot say with 100% confidence that the ally 'playing fairly' would have won.

As for giving the win, which we know kabam will not do, what would, in your mind, be a fair compromise? Restoration of war rating lost to the cheating ally? The 50k bonus, sans multiplier?
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    djr17 said:

You made a blanket statement. I provided an example to show it is not the case. You then dismissed the example as irrelevant. The truth of a blanket statement is entirely reliant on there not being a counterexample, therefore the counterexample is relevant.

To the point, cheating is cheating, whether it is through modding a mobile game or modding a football to gain an advantage. Unless you can provide evidence showing that a cheating ally is using mods to affect their AWD, you cannot say with 100% confidence that the ally 'playing fairly' would have won.

As for giving the win, which we know kabam will not do, what would, in your mind, be a fair compromise? Restoration of war rating lost to the cheating ally? The 50k bonus, sans multiplier?

I made a statement which you misconstrued and offered a counterexample for a straw man. If I had said that any cheating whatsoever is universally handled this way, the counterexample would be valid. "Cheating is cheating" is nonsense. Having a little too much pine tar on your bat and taking steroids are both cheating. It's absurd to equate them. Using a slightly deflated football so you can get a better grip is not comparable to modding a game so that you can't die but your opponent can. But we are going in circles. As for what Kabam ought to do, cracking down on the cheaters in a more meaningful way would be a good start.
    _ASDF_ said:

djr17 said:

I made a statement which you misconstrued and offered a counterexample for a straw man. If I had said that any cheating whatsoever is universally handled this way, the counterexample would be valid. "Cheating is cheating" is nonsense. Having a little too much pine tar on your bat and taking steroids are both cheating. It's absurd to equate them. Using a slightly deflated football so you can get a better grip is not comparable to modding a game so that you can't die but your opponent can. But we are going in circles. As for what Kabam ought to do, cracking down on the cheaters in a more meaningful way would be a good start.
    I agree. Modding MCOC, as it appears, is more like letting Brady’s team start at the 1 yard line every time they regain possession of the ball. Or lance armstrong using a Ducati in the Tour de France, while the rest use bicycles. It’s a different game. It’s not an edge, like one team has free boosts and the other doesn’t. One team has no possible way of losing, the other has no possible way of winning. It’s a pretty easy concept to wrap ones head around. I don’t understand why a small minority lack the ability to grab hold of the concept.
    That's not the concept that is not understood. It is the full awarding of an unearned win due to unfair play.
    In a vacuum, I might be inclined to agree with you. However, since the loss to the cheating ally also reduced your war rating, it also effects the next ally you face. Do they deserve compensation for a war opponent they should not have faced due to the cheating ally?

The only thing that affects the integrity of the leaderboard, is the presence of a cheating ally. To maintain integrity, they need to be disqualified from war participation, and removed from the leaderboard altogether. Any other adjustment would be 'correcting' for one by hurting others.
    edited August 2019
    _ASDF_ said:

djr17 said:

In a vacuum, I might be inclined to agree with you. However, since the loss to the cheating ally also reduced your war rating, it also effects the next ally you face. Do they deserve compensation for a war opponent they should not have faced due to the cheating ally?

The only thing that affects the integrity of the leaderboard, is the presence of a cheating ally. To maintain integrity, they need to be disqualified from war participation, and removed from the leaderboard altogether. Any other adjustment would be 'correcting' for one by hurting others.

Clearly it’s misunderstood, as it would be understood in nearly every competition that one party is disqualified and the win falls to the next in line. Ie the losing team. If you disagree, would love to see the plethora of competitions that count both parties as losers. 😂
    So you or someone else can say they are irrelevant because they do not match the situation, but some other example over here that does support your position is, even though said example matches exactly the same as one I would provide?

No thank you.
  • In my experience, when Kabam is being silent, it's because they're working on an endgame solution to the problem. Much like how they cracked down on piloting, I would imagine something similar is about to happen to those who've been modding and seemingly getting away with it. It is frustrating for those who've been impacted by a group of cheaters and hearing nothing about it. However, perhaps that's part of the strategy. Lull those who think they're getting away with it into a false sense of security and then strike.

Let's also bare in mind that they're likely not at liberty to say anything about situations like this until all their ducks are in a row. Obviously we all want an update sooner than later. I'm right there with all on that. Just the same, I have this feeling something major is coming soon. This feels like the calm before the would be storm for those who've consistently been a thorn in the legitimate playerbase's side.

It does feel like we're at a tipping point and Kabam has to know that. With word that other major app developers are cracking down hard on modding, one would assume Kabam has been formulating a plan for such as well. Trouble is, if it takes too long, the damage control team might be in for a rough ride. All we can do right now is continue to make it known that this is an ever growing problem, and stay the course. Hopefully I'm right that there's already a major plan in motion and the cheater's days are numbered.

It does blow my mind that the common reason/justification for cheating is to 'screw Kabam.' Which has to be the most backwards nonsense I've ever heard. Giving the company whom already have mounting bug issues MORE problems to deal with and in turn distracting them from focusing on fixing them is just dumb. Typically that's why players are upset in the 1st place. So why add to the problem? In the end all they're really doing is screwing those that play fair AND themselves in 1 foolish motion.
    djr17 said:

_ASDF_ said:

djr17 said:

Clearly it’s misunderstood, as it would be understood in nearly every competition that one party is disqualified and the win falls to the next in line. Ie the losing team. If you disagree, would love to see the plethora of competitions that count both parties as losers. 😂
    So you or someone else can say they are irrelevant because they do not match the situation, but some other example over here that does support your position is, even though said example matches exactly the same as one I would provide?

No thank you.
    You provided "examples" of USC, in which wins were vacated years later because of improper benefits to people that weren't actually playing on the field, and a minor infraction (deflategate) that, rumor has it, takes place all over the place in football, and by virtue of the Patriot's subsequent play had little actual effect on their ability to win football games. If you really can't, or won't see how these don't apply I guess we will leave it at "no thank you." No thank you makes as much sense as your examples. Do you really dispute that this is how disqualifications are handled? Your examples weren't of disqualifications. Can we say with 100% certainty that Carl Lewis would have outrun Ben Johnson? Nope. Doesn't matter. Ben Johnson is disqualified. Where are the examples where one side is disqualified for the kind of cheating that results in disqualification and no winners are the result?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    This problem currently appears to be beyond Kabam's ability to fix. Very sad to see honest players spend on a game they enjoy playing with friends not be rewarded for following the rules.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    We’ve matched three alliances that mod. One hasn’t been caught and they have modded for 3 seasons. Kabam is helpless to stop it I’ve got video of the mods in action and the screen they choose from when they enter AW. I’ve sent it to support. They’ve done nothing with it. All 30 should be banned permanently.
    Are there any Nodes that affect Power Gain for us?
    I'm not being contrarian. Someone posts a Vid of a Fight that Iceman seemingly looks as though he's a skilled Player, I'm asking questions. There's a very good possibility they are. I just don't assume for certain either way. If I suspect someone is, I report it and let them determine it. Only ever had to once. I tend to question until proven because as much as cheating is taking place, it's still important to give the benefit of the doubt. There's also Cheating Fever that comes with every War Season where people become super competitive and assume Losses are the result of cheating. I'm not really disputing anyone's claim here, but you can't deny that every Season that becomes an argument for many Losses. So no, I don't assume 100%. I leave it to them to find when I'm suspicious. Anything outside of them proving it and taking action won't do any good.
This discussion has been closed.