**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Uncollected Cable?

SmibsismiSmibsismi Posts: 24
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
Counters? Or tactics..? My first uncollected roadblock

Comments

• Screen shot your champs
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Power lock will do him nicely
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    Quake and bake did it for me 3 or 4 times, Doc Ock on another.
  • Yeah he is a pain. But stark spidy is a good choice and what I used. Ultron would be good
  • CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    Magik makes him easy as long as you can get that first power lock. Who ever you use, just remember that he gains power when you block his attacks, so try to get him to his 2nd special because it's easy to evade.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I used sparky
  • Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Sparky breezes through if you have. I had the same issue
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    @GinjabredMonsta ultrons bleed procs Cables degen... not a good counter.

🐻
  • MikeyBoi69MikeyBoi69 Posts: 139

Yeah he is a pain. But stark spidy is a good choice and what I used. Ultron would be good

Ultron inflicts bleeds. Not a good plan
    Good info! I didn’t know that, reading is good lol, my bad.

🐻
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Actually bleed isn't the biggest issue - you either want someone who doesn't inflict bleed at all; or does it all the time. If you're constantly inflicting bleed, the degeneration damage drops surprisingly fast.

Power Control is the main thing - this is the third event quest in a row where Kaban have put Kinetic Transference on someone with a multi-hit ranged SP1 (I think it's their new favourite node). So if you block his full SP1, he has more power after it than he did before. Fun, eh? So if you can't fully Dex his attacks, Cable (particularly with his Awakened ability) just gains Power at an insane rate. That's why Sparky is great; plus of course his Heavy Power drain.

I guess you don't have a 5* OG Vision, who worked beautifully for me. Any other Power Control champs can be helpful. I haven't tried him, but I suspect that Dr Octopus would work really well. Vulture maybe; but obviously not Hawkeye. Less obvious choices like Rogue or an Awakened Morningstar could taken his buffs away.

Class disadvantage, but an Awakened Daredevil would help deal with Cable simply powering up by Kinetic Transference, at least.
  • Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    star lord lol, barely get a couple hits and sp2 boom done
  • Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Spider gwen..sp1..indefinite enervate
  • Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Ghost
  • CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    Cable was the hardest battle for me on this months EQ. Either i failed to dex sp1 and took heavy damage or i blocked it and he got to sp3 way to fast.

Magik solved it for me but i still had problems reaching sp2 before dying.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Failed a couple of times trying to get a charge with my 4* Corvus, so just decided to cheese it with 4* Ghost + Wasp synergy, and Ghost works well for that quest anyways
    Wow, I didn’t realize this fight was supposed to be hard. Used a variety of champs to beat him, never died once.

🐻
  • Yeah he is a pain. But stark spidy is a good choice and what I used. Ultron would be good

Ultron inflicts bleeds. Not a good plan
    It doesn't effect robots so Ultron can bleed him away without any penalty.
  • Ctuchik said:

Cable was the hardest battle for me on this months EQ. Either i failed to dex sp1 and took heavy damage or i blocked it and he got to sp3 way to fast.

Magik solved it for me but i still had problems reaching sp2 before dying.

For me the hardest battle is havok. I just don't have the right counter for him
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Ghost. Not even noticed he was hard.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    OG Vision, awakened, r4 5 star.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    I used Void, pushed cable to l2 as its dodgeable
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Took me a few tries with different champs but my 3/45 Sparky was the best solution - dex all specials, evade or parry + power drain, and natural class advantage, intercept when possible. I one-shot him with Domino (RHulk syn) once but most times i tried with here I died when he was around 20%. If either of these 2 got KO'd he'd be low enough to finish off with CG and gain a charge. Just glad they put him at the start and not the end of the chapter!
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    You can always take a few blocked sp1’s and try and push to the sp2. Stark Spidey or an evade champ would be ideal though.
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    I used quake, but I use her for like every hard fight so I don't know much counters. Void is a good one though, blocks regen and power gain without even having to touch him