**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Variant is close to making me quit

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
I have acknowledged the fact, I won’t ever even get one quest done in any variant that has been or will ever be released. Either I don’t have the champs or the skill, or enough money/units for potions.

Variant 1 - my mutants/skills suck especially against some of those nodes. Furthest I got Emma down was to about 50ish% of her health and that was with my r1 5*Gambit.

Variant 2 - don’t have any good XL champs so I used my 5*Domino, but can’t get past Mordo, even with my Rulk.

Variant 3 - can’t even get past SH and the 1 time I DID DD took out the rest of my team. Tried the wasp side, and that was even more of a fail.

So I have begrudgingly started to feel like there is nothing for me to do outside of AQ/AW, Heroic/Master/UC EQ’s. Even stuck on 5.2.4 because I can’t even defeat Hype if and when I’ve gotten to him.

I’m close to quitting because I can’t progress without better champs. But I can’t get better champs without progressing. And I know my next 6* at the end of the season will be DPX/HB/Juggernaut/Magneto/Jane Foster so why even bother at this point. The few champs like Cull/Corvus/CAIW/MM-Movie that would transform the game landscape for me I’ll never pull because I’m just not that lucky.

Glad others are able to complete the content, but when Kabam says “this content isn’t for everyone” they really mean it. I don’t even have fun playing anymore simply because it’s the same thing every day. War, AQ, arena and EQ. I know if I go into 5.3 or variant again I’m just gonna scream and pull my hair out. I’ve hit this roadblock with my skill/champs that I just can’t get past. And I’m not sure I ever will.

How do people keep going when they’ve hit a roadblock they can’t ever get around?

Comments

• Kevo9513Kevo9513 Posts: 356 ★★
    Watch your 6* be beyond god tier bc kabam wants you to stay
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68

Improvise Adapt Overcome

Destroy Erase Improve

• Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Toj37 said:

You said you are stuck at 5.2.4 right? So you are not uncollected yet? Not trying to clown. Just want clarification

My bad 5.3.4

Midnite93 said:

For 5.2.4 iceman, proxima, sabretooth, omega red would be good options

Corrected in above post. 5.3.4 is where I am stuck.
    edited August 2019
    @TKS87

Here is my champ list.
    EDIT*Apologies it’s out of order, the upload was wonky.*

What I want is to get past my roadblocks. 5.3.4 mainly. If you say variant is something I shouldn’t be focused on because it’s too hard, and is agree, that’s my main goal. Finishing act 5.

Here is my current mastery setup.

I’ve been taking the “power lock after 1 bar” path simply because with KM/Void synergy I can mess up and still end the fight with 100% health. But once I reach Hype, it’s game over. Unless I go in with a full stash of potions and revives I don’t see my downing him, simply because I am not able to bait his specials with Magik to get that initial power lock on him. So if I run out of potions/revives/unite to buy more I have to quit the map, at the boss. I’ve started and reached Hype I’d probably say 10 times now and each time I just run out of resources.

I’d like to think I am an above average player, I’ve ran and completed map6 I’ve played at a plat3 level in war. I can parry/evade pretty reliably. Interceptions are still tricky for me. I have videos of my gameplay I can show of me playing some hard match ups. I just feel like these roadblocks are making me question my ability to play this game. And it shouldn’t. I love playing it, I love the people I play with, but when I sit down to actually progress it feels more like a chore.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Sentinel would be best. Ultron might help you.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    You have the roster firepower to do these things. I will go back and look at that Hyperion to see how he is noded, but you have the firepower to get that done and complete Act 5
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    its all not meant to b finished quickly,progress quickly,get god tiers quickly, variants r here to stay, do act 5 100%! think about specific counters for specific fight then if u get them in 4*!just max them or R4 . like for example to kill tht hyperion u dnt need, cull,namor,new cM, they r just golden apples not everyone can get them, focus on counters, for tht hyperion Loki, doc oc, magik, SW,psylock shd b fine,if u get them ,max them clear content, when i did act 5 100% none of this god tiers were there,sparky, blade, og hulk, hyperion,nmedusa, were top tier and i had none of them in 5* .
    - so take it easy, go slow, finish act 5 100%,now it is super easy with this insanely OP 4* avaiable in basic (thing,corvus,domino,)
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,878 Guardian
    If you havent done an initial clear of act 5 or even 100% then variant isnt meant for you yet
    I wouldn't say that necessarily. I'm on 5.3 and I took down Shulk failry easy testing my R4 Sentinel out.
    Not THAT easy. Lol. Just not insurmountable.
    That Hyperion is Stun Immune with Power Gain.

You have the roster to do this. You are just gonna have to get hot and intercept your way through it.

You have a 5/50 SW. You also have what looks like a 4/40 Symbiote Supreme.

You can do it with those two. You just have to lock in, focus and intercept.

Not being mean. You have the roster to do this
    It looks like you have a 4/55 Killmonger and a 3/45 Winter Soldier.

Take them in there with Domino as your lane clearers, put Hyperion to sleep with SWitch and Symbiote Supreme.

You can bully your way to getting him down
    Wozzy101 said:

Grind arena, pick up units and 5star shards to help build roster and use units for revives. Use AQ glory for T2Alpha. If you have any T5 try focus your resources to take her to rank 5, rather than a scatter gun approach of ranking up everyone, to rank 3.
    You have Magik, so she would be great against Hyperion, if you can bait his specials early and get her to SP2 then power lock him. Spam SP1 with Hawkeye as well.

I’d look at some youtubers mastery setups. I think some of your defence masteries are a bit wasted. Maybe focus more on deep wounds and assassin.

Agree. I don't like the Mastery setup, but it's not my account

I wouldn't say that necessarily. I'm on 5.3 and I took down Shulk failry easy testing my R4 Sentinel out.

Just noticed the typo. "failry"
    Funny. Hahaha.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    So, here's my advice! I'm not saying this will guarantee you Will clear it, but here are some tips!

I see you have an awakened WS, along with your 5* KM. I'd try weaving him in with your team. His added damage from the KM synergy plus his power drain should be helpful. KM has added benefit because he can tank hypes l3 with his indestructible charges, though you will have to try and bait out a special or two before using KM's l2.

If I had to pick a team for your 5.3, it would be:

5* Magik
    5* Killmonger
    5* Winter Soldier
    4* Dr voodoo
    Any * heimdall, if you don't have one than 4* iceman

If you want to take the special lock one path, you don't need the KM/void synergy. With 1 point in willpower, the special lock counts as an active debuff. That means willpower kicks in for it. They have mystic ward, but if you use voodoo and spam his l1 on an odd combo, you'll be able to rack up some poison damage. For Ronan, kamala etc who are poison immune, still use an odd combo l1 for added parry stun time. Voodoo will have reduced damage due to the global node, but between his regen and willpower he should be sustainable.

Rhino / OG cap is probably easier to take for the first section, with KM and WS. Class advantage and in WS case, added damage for every hit on the combo meter.

I know you've said you have made it hype before and fizzled there. I get it, as he's stun immune and has 50% power gain. As a general hype tip, I find it easier to do a 4 hit combo and bait a special than a 5 hit combo. Like I said earlier, awakened WS could really shine here. Try him out with the 4 hit combo strategy.

If you're using heimdall, try to play as aggressive as possible with KM and Magik. Heimdalls synergy will let you tank one l3, to try and get them to their l3's, which both work well for hype. Killmonger gains indestructible so he can tank l3's, Magik gets power control so he can't launch anymore specials.

If you don't have heimdall, iceman can tank l3's as long as he has ice armour active. And since he's awakened the coldsnap damage off the bat will be a benefit as well.

As far as masteries go, for this fight I think you should take two points out of stand your ground. It's a handy mastery fpr defence, but offensively it doesn't serve much purpose (you should be able to dodge most heavies). I think you'd benefit putting those 2 extra points into glass cannon for the extra damage output. Or into deep wounds for more Bleed damage, but that's more expensive.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if/when you try it out, if you're still having problems. I'll try to help however I can!
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Out of curiosity, what AQ map are you running? Often when I have talked to people stalled in the game they are in an alliance running lower maps than they capable of running. Getting better rank up materials and more more shards makes a big difference.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Sym Supreme will eat that Hyperion for breakfast and pick over the bones for dinner
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    That stinks, but it’s a skill issue. Gotta work at it or move on.

Farm resources. Take one path at a time. Restart if necessary, and figure out what you did wrong. Be patient. Learn what the A.I. tends to do.

It’s not the champs or pulls. Domino and Rulk can handle most of Variant 2.

What are their ranks?