**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Act 6 Gates... Removed??

13»

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I likely take my time before exploring 6.2 as well. I definitely will beat 6.3 and 6.4 fully before I complete 6.2. By then hopefully I should have a 5 or 6 star CapIW and will be able to complete the content much easier. Right now it just isn't something I look forward to.
  • Harbinger195Harbinger195 Posts: 101
    To be fair yes gates are unhealthy but it would take a decent amount of effort to get the coding done to remove them from 6.1 and 6.2.

Might as well just take the approach of "what's done is done" and look forward to better content in the future.

I mean as players we have to accept Kabam are who they are and we just have to roll with some of the punches.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

And what is the reasoning behind keeping paygates on 6.1 and 6.2? Now that you have "learned by mistakes" and found out that it is a paygate? Not that I believe that in the first place that you didn't know that, I mean no one is that dumb. It was the most obvious paygate possible and kabam dares to come out and pretend it is a shock to them lmao, the clown fiesta intensifies

It's permanent content, you can grow into it. Only becomes "paygated" if you buy crystals on your own accord. People in my alliance are 100%'ing it they aren't out buying cavalier crystals left and right. Make an initial run and go back to it later. No one says you have to 100% it right now.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    I'd love to explore 6.2 but the gates are arbitrary and counterproductive, and user hostile, so I'm skipping. Lot of people in my alliance are doing the same. It's really unfortunate Kabam developers spent months if not years working on this content that they then made incredibly difficult for people to actually attempt. It makes no sense.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    AndiYTDE said:

xNig said:

With some of the node combinations in 6.3, you’re gonna wish the gates were still there. 😂😂

Sure... "Damn, this fight is tough. I wish could use less of my good champions!"
    Your only mission is to make people fear the content that´s coming out, you´ve tried that with 6.2 as well. Bad news is: That´s not gonna work.
    Actually, I think what he's saying is that some of the 6.3 fights are such that rather than block some champs and allow others, forcing you to have one of those champs, the fight is just engineered in such a way as to give advantages to a few champs while disadvantaging the rest in such a way that most of your roster options would only work in theory but not in practice, meanwhile the options that do work in practice require gameplay far harder than normal, so even if you have the optimal choices that's not enough to beat the content.

Consider that the 6.2.6 Boss is not specifically gated. And yet people don't say that it's so great that there is no gate. I think there are players who wish that fight was gated, rather than the noded monstrosity that it actually is. I think when 6.3 comes out, there will be players who compare 6.2 to 6.3 and decide the gates were easier to get past. I'm not saying they are objectively correct, but I'm pretty sure they will exist. Personally, I prefer complexity to gates. But I also know I'm in the very small minority there when it comes to game players in general.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

I'd love to explore 6.2 but the gates are arbitrary and counterproductive, and user hostile, so I'm skipping. Lot of people in my alliance are doing the same. It's really unfortunate Kabam developers spent months if not years working on this content that they then made incredibly difficult for people to actually attempt. It makes no sense.

Hostile? What!?
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★

hurricant said:

Hostile? What!?
    Not hostile. "User hostile". https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=user-hostile look it up.

"A play on the common term "user-friendly", a user-hostile design is one that is, deliberately or accidentally, difficult or cumbersome for the intended user."
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I realise that this is all hypothetical at the moment, but does this imply that there is discussion over removal of 5* restrictions from 6.3? @Kabam Miike or just removal of the class paths?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    hurricant said:

hurricant said:

Hostile? What!?
    Not hostile. "User hostile". https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=user-hostile look it up.

"A play on the common term "user-friendly", a user-hostile design is one that is, deliberately or accidentally, difficult or cumbersome for the intended user."
    Couldn't you use that term for any challenge? Essentially, that's what it's supposed to be. Difficult and cumbersome for some people.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Lainua said:

ItsDamien said:

That screenshot is taken out of context, it is Kabam listing what they took from how players perceived 6.1+ before explaining how they plan to improve on Act 6.3+.

That’s exactly what I got from it. Except now, I actually kind of believe they are trying to improve the content, & not make it a money machine.
    The Gates wewent about money.
    Except that Kabam went on to discuss how it felt like people were forced to spend so they can get through the gates. By their own admission, even Kabam felt it was a bit too money grabby.
    They never had much to do with money at all. They may have heard that people felt that way, but that wasn't the purpose of them. They're also not removing them, and that purpose still stands.

Dude, Kabam themselves admitted that their content was pushing too far into that cash grab territory. Whether or not that was the intent is irrelevant, it was made that why & they even admitted it, which I greatly commend... as admitting your wrong is something that takes a lot of guts & something you have obviously never done.
    Where did they admit that? Remember that screenshot is without context from the originating post. The post is addressing how players perceived/received the gates.

And they are addressing it accordingly. Why would they stop producing gates unless they agreed that they were unnecessary?
    Who told you that they will stop producing gates?

They won’t. Stop spreading false statement. You have a major problem of reading comprehension.
    Apperently, you didn't read their post on Reddit. I'm not lying, they said it flat out. Next time, know what you are talking about before attempting to look like a smarta**.
    Their post on Reddit? Is that true? ;)