**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hitting into block being countered by specials. [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Ak_555Ak_555 Posts: 19
    Multiple threads are appearing about this now - here and reddit - particularly about Variant 3 (every champ) where this problem seems worse than ever. The AI is dropping block whilst being hit all the time now, whether to evade, throw a special or just get hit.

Whilst there is lots of talk about frame rates, it always being possible etc, there are specific mechanics in the game that require hitting a block and this stops them working.

This is a bug.

This needs to be acknowledged and fixed.
  • Ak_555Ak_555 Posts: 19
    Who cares if it’s ‘yet another post’, there are currently no responses from Kabam on any of the other ones talking about this. Maybe a few more posts might get their attention?

This is happening in Variant 3 with all Champs and is ridiculous. I have played since the game started and never had this problem, so I don’t want anyone talking about how it’s always been possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense excuses.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Ak_555 said:

Who cares if it’s ‘yet another post’, there are currently no responses from Kabam on any of the other ones talking about this. Maybe a few more posts might get their attention?

This is happening in Variant 3 with all Champs and is ridiculous. I have played since the game started and never had this problem, so I don’t want anyone talking about how it’s always been possible, frame rates and all the other nonsense excuses.

Actually there are several responses to it happening, that they see it as not being much of an issue but they are looking into it ON THE FRONT PAGE.

• simula67simula67 Posts: 49

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

Just now happened to me.

Mode: Sinister Labs, Epic Difficulty
    Opponent: Abomination
    Using: Namor
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    This bug is in overdrive on Variant. I got hit with multiple specials mid combo specifically playing with Sentinel. I know Kabam won't give compensation for this so I don't want to waste my time but an update on a fix would really help. Just as quickly as you all fixed the Namor issue, this has been going on for sometime.
    Getting hit with specials mid combo

Mode: Variant 3
    Opponent: Storm Boss
    Using: Sentinel

It cost me 4 revives being hit directly in the face with Storms sp1 mid combo. @Kabam Miike We've given more specific information. Can you help provide an update on this issue?

Lormif said:

Ak_555 said:

Actually there are several responses to it happening, that they see it as not being much of an issue but they are looking into it ON THE FRONT PAGE.

There was one mod response to the thread you listed, this thread, which is only on the front page because people keep reporting the issue, and that was several weeks ago asking for specific information which has been repeatedly supplied by various players, again keeping it active of the front page.
    There are MULTIPLE responses, including some asking for more details. Even if there was one, that is greater than the none claimed.
  • KaspyKaspy Posts: 154 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    I have been using sentinel in variant 3 and part of my play style when using him has always been to hit into blocks to build up analysis. Never had any issues doing this. However in variant 3 the AI has repeatedly punished my by somehow launching a special or attacking while I am hitting into the block.

Just to confirm firm, I used sentinel today in AW, labs, and monthly quest and hit into blocks like I always do and no issue. It only seems to be happening in variant 3. Happened on multiple quests against multiple different characters.
  • Not just blocking - also they dex out of blocked hits. We can't do that. Why can the AI??

https://youtu.be/t7Bf4rUi2Kc
  • KillusionistKillusionist Posts: 13
    edited August 2019
    This is still an issue. I am encountering it when the defender has an aggression node. Right now, I am dealing with it in back issues 3

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Kaspy said:

I have been using sentinel in variant 3 and part of my play style when using him has always been to hit into blocks to build up analysis. Never had any issues doing this. However in variant 3 the AI has repeatedly punished my by somehow launching a special or attacking while I am hitting into the block.

Just to confirm firm, I used sentinel today in AW, labs, and monthly quest and hit into blocks like I always do and no issue. It only seems to be happening in variant 3. Happened on multiple quests against multiple different characters.

This has been an issue for a while for all champs, there is a massive post like a couple below this titled "HITTING INTO BLOCK BEING COUNTERED BY SPECIALS"
    Just as a heads up, you've been posting in the thread you keep directing people to. This thread is "hitting into block being countered by specials" you may have started elsewhere but you got merged in well before I saw you.
    Those posts were in other threads that got merged here before you started trolling.
    Yup you got me. I'm just a crazy troll. I've been posting my experiences with this specific issue in this thread for weeks to set you up for some sick burns.
    On topic however, variant 3 does seem to have kicked the issue into overdrive. Aggression node champs too seem to be taking advantage of the bug or whatever more and more often.
    I can agree with the V# kicking this into overdrive, I have probably had this happen 20 times. Even had someone heavy, I dodged and tried to burn him only for him to throw a special.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Is it just me or is the AI always popping specials when i hit into their block and it only seems to be happening in Variant 3
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    Has kabam done anything to address this yet! V3 is crazy for this and it doesnt seem to be anything you can do to counter it, short of not doing it. With sentinel its an absolute joke.
  • Spoonmanaron2Spoonmanaron2 Posts: 46
    Blade vs first fight of Variant 3 She Hulk, one blocked hit into a special attack
    Agreed, I was able to complete V3 but my deaths due to these multiple bugs lead to me losing hundreds of units. I don't want compensation just fix it.
    edited August 2019

Lormif said:

_GRINDER_ said:

Kabam do something or acknowledge this issue atleast . Why do you want the community to loose the interest in the game .

This is so damn frustrating man

they already acknowledged it.
    They said it was fixed... but it’s not... that’s not an acknowledgement of the problem...
    They ALSo said they would take the new info to the team.. That IS an acknowledgement of the problem.

Hey All,

If you're still seeing this, I need exact Matchups. Which Champion you Used, and against who. We're continuing to investigate this.

No, you cannot say "it happens to everyone", because that is not going to help us narrow this down. Any posts that do not contain that information will be removed.

there is an "administrator" link that allows you to search their post history which shows that as the last post...
  • GrundalowGrundalow Posts: 15
    I experienced this often with Sentinel in V3
  • I experienced this with Ultron boss 6.1.2
  • JleodavJleodav Posts: 21
    This is occurring with the first Venom on the path second from the left in Variant 3 2.1
  • 7ush7ush Posts: 10
    edited August 2019

Happened to me with Captain America Classic vs Wolverine

Also Proxima Midnight Vs Omega Red

This continued use to happen with MULTIPLE champs.....I never die in AQ especially against simple champs. Now I get KOed due to this trash.......prior to last 3 updates this never happened. How long is the 'investigation" going to take....this is NOT a new IP, this game is over 4 years old!

While the investigation continues since OVER 4 months we are ones wasting units on potions and revives! If you cant fox the issue or wont at least admit it's an issue and give compensation! If this were a issue that benefited players that we could exploit it would have been fixed by now.

We dont want talk we want the issue fixed. AI punches through blocks activates specials while blocking when hit.......and the AI does impossible things.

Same lost my morning star from the exact same matchup against captain America. AQ map 4. Mad Titans wrath
  • I was Fighting thing boss in Aw. He had just over 1 bar of power and 12 rock stacks. He wad holding block and I went to push him to 15 rock stack But He wrecked me in my mid combo.
    Really, That was Aw boss, One of the most competitive mode of the game. Im so done man. It has been 2-3 months and they are doing nothing
  • ericolorericolor Posts: 238
    The same happened in dungeon. I was really shocked because the results on there wasn’t issue about me but also our colleagues.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Is there any news about when the AI launching their specials whilst you are hitting into their block is going to be fixed?

This was supposedly fixed back in May but is still happening regular as clockwork, especially in the new Variant. Not only is this extremely irritating in general but as the key champion for this piece of content - Sentinel - actually has some of his abilities tied up in hitting into the opponent's block to gain analysis (especially important when unawakened) you're limiting a piece of content that has for the most part been extremely successful and fun.

When this happens in Map 5/Act 5 it's not a huge issue as I've always got enough health in my champion to get through the fight but when it's happening in Variant level content it's beyond a joke. Punisher 2099 in 1.2 launched his Sp2 while I was hitting into his block and one-shot my R4 Sentinel.

It's happening roughly every 2 fights and I'm wasting my time here trying to explore what should be fun content.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    Just had this happen again:

Sinister Epic Lab

My Omega Red vs Ebony Maw - fired an L1 off mid combo (not during Falter phase).

Samsung S9
    Latest Android update

Did you guys change the response time again for the AI? This is a frustrating bug that has existed for 4 months now with little to no update.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious
  • FarinosFarinos Posts: 54
    Happened to me several times on the biohazard path in v3 trying to build analysis with sentinel
    Then in dungeons trying to build spores up with omega red when bpcw unleashed his sp1 mid combo
    Its same thing as when you're trying to switch nc by hitting his block the timer Just disappears without him letting go of block
    It's like the ai can react in the milliseconds between hits
  • Frattattack86_Frattattack86_ Posts: 34
    This issue is happening to several people in my alliance trying to explore variant 3. As I try and explore variant 3 it’s frustrating hitting into blocks with sentinel to build his charges and they throw a special out of no where Mid-combo.
    We just had a discussion about it amongst our alliance it’s happening to all of us in it. Sucks wasting resources on bugs!!
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    Definitely still happening and able to replicate pretty easily in Epic Labs and Variant 3. Seems like the AI is tuned up a bit there and if they have a special and you hit into their block more than once they're firing it off.

iPhone X
    Whatever the latest version is of both the game and OS.
This discussion has been closed.