**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Bane is TRASH

ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 β˜…β˜…β˜…
I hate how the AI plays very aggressive when the curse is placed on them, but when it gets on me all of a sudden the AI is very defensive an want to block all damn day.

WHY KABAM!? this node is stupid 😠

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you are letting bane get on you then you are really doing it poorly, the idea is to be on your 3-5 hits when it wears off so it transfers back to the opponent before it wears off. That they play aggressively with bane on aids you in doing this. You dont have to always to a 5 hit combo, nor do you always have to parry and do any combo. Time a parry to when it is about 3/4 through the timer, then go into the combo and you should keep it off you for the fight.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,065 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2019
    The search Button, Google, YouTube, they all would be more helpfull with bane than claiming it trash.

https://youtu.be/UQ2bgs_hjEo
    Or

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/756040#Comment_756040

Or

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/925049#Comment_925049
    (where i got the yt link)

Phhheew, that was exhausting... I need a drink

• PIZZATIMEPIZZATIME Posts: 307 β˜…
    I really thought this was a meme thread saying DC was bad my bad
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Isn’t that exactly how we play?
  • ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited August 2019
    DNA3000 said:

I hate how the AI plays very aggressive when the curse is placed on them, but when it gets on me all of a sudden the AI is very defensive an want to block all damn day.

Managing the AI is the least discussed tactical skill in the game, I've noticed.
    Hey mane, thank you for not being a d*** like some of these people, and giving me a break down. I appreciate that, and it was very helpful. I actually beat it last night, and now I'm finally on 5.2.6
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

Managing the AI is the least discussed tactical skill in the game, I've noticed.
    Hey mane, thank you for not being a d*** like some of these people, and giving me a break down. I appreciate that, and it was very helpful. I actually beat it last night, and now I'm finally on 5.2.6
    Glad I could be of assistance. Several other posters also offered good advice or pointers, in particular Dave's channel is always a good recommendation when it comes to gameplay tactics. I know people need to vent sometimes, but always try to seek those posters out first by asking for advice when you can: there's a lot of accumulated knowledge on the forums if you can tap into it. Sometimes things that seem impossible have a way to beat them that isn't obvious, but that experienced players have either learned or figured out through a lot of trial and error. And their knowledge generally doesn't cost units while trial and error often does.

Good luck with the Collector.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Bane is annoying, but not necessarily bad. It’s one of the only skill based nodes in the game. Most nodes are just β€œbring this champ or get screwed sideways” but Bane is actually about the players skill.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Bahamut said:

Bane is annoying, but not necessarily bad. It’s one of the only skill based nodes in the game. Most nodes are just β€œbring this champ or get screwed sideways” but Bane is actually about the players skill.

I wouldn't say it is the only skill based node: lots of nodes can be beaten with skill. But it is one of the few nodes that can be turned to the player's advantage with nothing but skill. Most nodes are all bad for the player, and the best you can do is minimize the bad. Or you can turn the node to your advantage with the right counter-champion. But Bane hurts the player if they don't know how to deal with it, but can actually help the player if they do, regardless of which champion you bring to the fight. Of course, some champions are still better than others when it comes to Bane, but a specific champion isn't necessary to turn Bane to an advantage.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Good information here.

Just to add, Hyperion wrecks bane.
    Parry -> heavy, parry -> heavy, parry -> 3-5 hit combo into sp2

By the time the sp2 is done bane switches back to them and doesn’t give you any damage. Of course you have to get the timing right, leave yourself β€œopen” for the quick parrying. But it’s a quick learn when you’re attempting to 100% 5.2.5 or 5.2.6.

And I’m not saying Hyperion is a must for bane. It’s all about timing. If I’m not using Hyperion on it, I typically hit them till they are one hit away from their first special. Wait for the bane time to be 3/4 done. Parry and combo them just in time to pass it back to them.

I’d say a little more over the 3/4 but it’s probably right as mentioned before. After awhile you don’t pay attention to the timer as much and just naturally have the timing down.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If you can't get the hang of turning it to your own advantage, then Quake works well against Bane. Don't hit your opponent, and it never even starts.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    DNA3000 said:

It may seem that way, but in general this isn't true. What's actually happening is (this is a bit of an oversimplification) that the AI gets more aggressive the longer you aren't attacking, and gets more defensive when you are attacking. So if you back away when the defender has Bane and then try to attack at the last second to transfer it, the AI will naturally hold block when you first move in to attack and that's enough to break your timing. You actually have to learn to change your pacing when fighting around Bane. You cannot just stand back and you shouldn't use full combos. You want to spar with them at the start of the timer, hit them once then back away, then hit then again and back away. Make the AI think *you* are being aggressive. Then you actually want to encourage the AI to attack you when the timer gets to maybe 9-o'clock or so so that you can then counter with a fully combo as the timer reaches zero to transfer Bane. But don't let the AI think you're just not attacking for long periods then suddenly attacking all at once. That is what puts the AI into a blocking mood.

The AI often reacts to how you attack, and most of the time people attack in a particular way all the time and get used to how the AI responds to that pattern of attacking. When the player shifts tactics situationally, like to manage Bane timing, the AI responds to that change in behavior, making the player think the AI is responding to the change in situation when it is actually responding to the change in player behavior. So you have to play that game and behave in a way that will get the AI to respond in the way you want. If you only ever do one thing you may not realize the AI is always responding to how you play.

We over here playing in 2019 while this dude's playing in 3019...
    Easiest Champion (imo) to clear Bane without too much trouble is Carnage, just get one Heavy Attack off on the enemy and you're set to spam Unblockable SP1s.

Easiest Champion (imo) to clear Bane without too much trouble is Carnage, just get one Heavy Attack off on the enemy and you're set to spam Unblockable SP1s.

Though obviously this'll be harder if the Enemy is also Stun Immune or Bleed+Armor Break Immune or all 3...
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It may be off-topic, but the same thing can be seen on brute force node. Once I got the degen last time, the AI instantly got extremely agressive. Nebula chained 8 hits into my block without having a single window for me to counter. It was so fast...