**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

[Android] 24.1 Lag, Crashing and Performance Investigation

Hi Summoners!

Our team is working to identify and address performance issues in The Contest and we need your help as we gather relevant information.

As part of this process, it is important for you to understand that lag and game performance are affected by a host of factors including: device, operating system, connection and even Champions or maps. Complicated issues such as these involve an equally complicated investigation process, due to all of these variables. Your contributions to this thread will help in that investigation. This, however, does not mean that there is one single “fix” coming that will address all concerns for all players. It is an ongoing process of improvements that the team is continually working toward as the game progresses.

If you are experiencing crashing, lag, unresponsive controls or performance problems in the Android version of The Contest, please reply using the template below.

This thread is for Android users only.

In-Game Name: Please include your in-game (not forum) name.
Device and Model: (Example, Galaxy S6)
Device Operating System: (Example 8.0) You can find the operating system version on Android by going to Apps, then Settings and “About Device.”
Cellular or WiFi: Does this issue happen when you are using cellular data, WiFi or both? If on cellular, what is your mobile carrier?
Game Version Installed: To check which version of the game you have installed, go to the Google Play Store and confirm that you have the latest version installed which will show you the number. This thread is only for those on the 24.1 version of the game.
Game Mode: In which game mode did the error occur? Story Quests, Event Quests, Arena, Alliance Quest or Alliance War.
Description of the Issue: Please include a full and complete description of the lag and performance issue you are experiencing with as much relevant detail as possible. This includes any specific Champions affected and how long you’ve been experiencing the issue.

Replies to this thread must use the template below and provide relevant, constructive information about the issue. This thread is for information gathering and not one-on-one support. Off topic posts, requests for status updates and general complaints will be removed according to the forum rules.

Comments

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    In game name- Star police
    Device and Model- Alcatel 3T 8
    Operating System- Android 8.1.0
    Issues are on wifi, data is unknown
    Game version- 24.1.1
    Game Mode- Event quests, sinister labs (only tested modes)
    Description- Whole fighting with Darkhawk, I get slight lag when parrying attacks, worse lag when parrying in shield mode. There is lag whenever I switch modes. But null mode is easily the worst. Massive lag whenever null mode is up, taking hits, or attacking. I also have lag issues with human torch, whenever attacking, blocking, or firing specials. There is lag whenever I hit namors block for a second. And there is constant lag when fighting Mysterio throughout the entire fight regardless of whatever actions I do. Please fix these issues.
  • GBearSmithGBearSmith Posts: 45
    Game still crashes if you back out of a fight whilst enemy is using their sp3. Was happening before update even brain grant mentions it in a video. Please ask the team to look into it. It really sliws down game time if i know the sp3 is going to kill my champ whats point watching the animations when we can back out and go straight back in !
  • saorpssaorps Posts: 81
    In game name- RafaThanozGoku
    Device and Model- Samsung Galaxy S8
    Operating System- Android 9 One UI 1.0
    Issues are on wifi and data
    Game version- 24.1.1
    Game Mode- Monthly quests, sinister labs
    Description- mainly lagging and parrying failure. I noted failure on blocking (a few times).
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 101
    In game name- The NRK
    Device and Model- moto g5s+
    Operating System- Android 8
    Issues are on wifi and data
    Game version- 24.1.1 ( from last 2 months actually)
    Game Mode- All
    Description- game suddenly closing in ongoing fight, loading screen, event screen, basically any time. Multiple times.
  • DolbearDolbear Posts: 37
    Hello Kabam just asking about the new update and my game on android has been extremely slow and sometimes dosent even load it feels like im trying to play an xbox game on widows 98! I know theres nothing wrong with my phone as its a top of the range android.
  • In-Game Name: Farseer12345678
    Device and Model: LG G5
    Device Operating System: 8
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game Version Installed: 24.1.1
    Game Mode: all
    Description of the Issue: This has been an on going issue for months. my champs will block instead of dash back, or not block when I try to block. Also specials will sometimes not trigger. For example I'll do a five combo, go to fire off a special and nothing happens. Both of these issues will just cause my champs to stand there and just eat a combo. As I said this is not new and seems to persist no matter how many updates come out.
  • HB_617HB_617 Posts: 9
    Device and Version: Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Device Operating System: Android 9

Mobile Carrier: Reliance Jio

Cellular or WiFi: occurs on both

Game Mode: everywhere

Champions Affected:4 start 4/40 void sig level 39

Active Boosts: Doesn't matter. Always appears.

Description of the Issue: I have been getting ms_id message on one of void's synergies ever since the new update. It doesn't matter in which game mode I am it always pops up.
  • HB_617HB_617 Posts: 9
    Here see for yourself. This should not be difficult to replicate. All you need to do is open up champion tab select void and check his synergies.

• SUIC1DESUIC1DE Posts: 20
    edited August 2019
    IGN: SUIC1DE
    Samsung so
    Android version 9
    Both wifi and cell
    Game version 24.1.1
    Game mode all

During fights the controls will go unresponsive. Freezing during fights. Load screens are inconsistent in frame size. I signed up for the Beta test and these issues started shortly afterwards
  • In-Game Name: linknoid
    Device and Model: Motorola One
    Device Operating System: Android 9
    Cellular or WiFi: 4g and Wifi
    Game Version Installed: 24.1.1.
    Game Mode: Store.
    Description of the Issue: Cant by any more units and I stop to get my daily units buy with 'COLLECTOR'S DAILY CARD'.
    I try to uninstall and install de game and the problem still happen.
  • Moneymike224Moneymike224 Posts: 6

IGN: Moneymike224
    Device: pixel 2
    System: Android 9
    Happens on cellular and wifi
    Game version: 24.1.1
    Game mode: Story quest, event quest and alliance quest
    As of recently I have lost energy and spent items because I thought maybe it's my device causing problems but as I speak with teamates and others in the game I know it's not just me. I can't enjoy the game when I can't fight because my champs are not dodging back but lunging forward or instead of blocks they attack causing me to get knocked out! Please fix this! Thank you
  • In-game Name: leviosuh
    Device: Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017)
    System Version: Android 8.0
    Happens on both cellular and Wi-Fi
    Game Version: 24.1.1
    Game Mode: All modes
    Here are the following problems i started experiencing after the drop of 24.1.1
    1.When i opened up my game today i couldn't access the unit store , the alliance tab or any summoner profile including my own - the game would just freeze up and i had to force close it and open it again.
    2. Loading screens became exceptionally long sometimes lasting for about 4-5 minutes other times it would just remain at the loading screen indefinitely until i force close the game.
    3. As of posting this comment i can no longer go past the initial loading screen and i cannot get into the game at all.

I have tried to uninstall and install the game a new, restarting my device , clearing the game cache , clearing google play cache , re-did my setting for apps that can appear over other apps and none of those work so far. I'd appreciate if you could look into this.
  • GonçaloGonçalo Posts: 32
    So I don't have the best phone in the bussiness. A lot of times it's slow and until the last 3 or 4 mcoc updates the game crashed very often. But that problem was now "taken care off" because the game got really smooth with an update and it wouldn't crash anymore. Well, at least that was what I thought!

A few days ago I updated the game to V24.0 and the game was still really good. A few days later I saw that there´s a new update and it was the biggest mistake I could have made!!! Now my game crashes after 1 fight, where I have to restart it every time I'm fighting a new opponent. It's really annoying since the game takes some time to load and is making me lose some interest in the last 2 or 3 days.

I want to know if this happened to anyone else and if this is a problem that KABAM can fix with another update (V24.1.2)?
  • TimrosTimros Posts: 267
    edited August 2019
    S9+ and it happens to me, though not as frequent as your situation. It also seems to throw specials out when I want to block, drops some of my blocks, among other things. Been playing from nearly the begining of mcoc and this is usual. Always some sort of bug(s) going on. Stopped handing out my money to them over it and not getting the new sigil because they'd rather charge money than fix game imbalances that should've been done ages ago....for free.
  • Buttttt4Buttttt4 Posts: 22
    In game name- Buttttt4

Device- Samsung Note 9

System Version- 9

Happens on both, but more on wifi

Game version- 21.1.1

Game mode- All

1.When i opened up my game today i couldn't access the unit store , the alliance tab or any summoner profile including my own - the game would just freeze up and i had to force close it and open it again.
    2. Loading screens became exceptionally long sometimes lasting for about 4-5 minutes other times it would just remain at the loading screen indefinitely until i force close the game.
    3. It's an intermittent problem that has been getting worse. This sucks because I'm missing out on aq, aw, arena, event quests, and solo/ alliance rewards.

I have tried to uninstall and install the game a new, restarting my device , clearing the game cache , clearing google play cache , re-did my setting for apps that can appear over other apps and none of those work so far. I'd appreciate if you could look into this.
  • FMaranhoFMaranho Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Estou com problema no recuo, tem momentos na luta que não funciona

Meu telefone é um Samgsung J8, 3 GB de RAM, processador Octacore.
  • Aaron113Aaron113 Posts: 5
    My Champions were attacking automatical in war. I had no control over them and know im out. Not happy.
  • FMaranhoFMaranho Posts: 4
    edited August 2019
    Oi, eu e meus colegas de aliança estamos tendo problema quando o comando para trás da A Quest, ela está falhando com alta frequência, também estamos tendo problema com os especiais, as vezes não sai, principalmente quando damos combo de 5 golpes e acionamos o especial, na maioria das vezes falha.

Meu Celular é um Samsung J8, 3 de RAM, processador Octacore.
  • Beyuğur3054Beyuğur3054 Posts: 1
    Hello , recently I have sold my iPhone XR and switch to an Android phone OnePlus 7 pro ( fastest Android phone on the market atm)
    I have been playing mcoc for a long time and I've gotta tell you I'm on the verge of quitting the game because of how frustrating it is to dash or block on an Android device.I don't want to be forced to play on an IPhone and I don't want to quit the game so kabam please give me a little bit of hope here.. I know that the game is old but thinking that for this much time this wasn't addressed properly makes me a bit stressed about the customer care.i could do variant without any items and now I can barely get through the 3rd fight due to unresponsiveness parry or dashes. I've gathered some information about Android vs iPhone and all I heard was never play mcoc on android.People should not be forced to play on iPhone or iPad but enjoy the game instead of being frustrated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • In-Game Name: Blankkkkk
    Device and Model: Huawei nova 3i
    Device Operating System: 9
    Cellular or WiFi: Checked only on wifi.
    Game Mode: Checked only on event quest.
    Description of the Issue: There is a certain lag when hitting mister sinisters block, using icemans special 2, using omega red sp3, getting hit from mister sinister sp3. Lag seems to occur when high graohics content is loaded. I did not have this issue previously and have been facing it for about 2 weeks. Please look into this issue.
  • 10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,195 ★★★
    Name: 10or Strong
    Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+
    Cellular or WiFi: both
    Game version: 24.1.1
    Game mode: Dungeon Invites
    Description: Every time I get a dungeon invite, I open it and the game completely freezes. I have to exit the game and re-start. It does not even display who sent the invite. I have not received a successful dungeon invite in several rounds of the dungeons now. In addition, there is still notable lag when opening crystals, where the crystal will show the star value, or the amount of a given item (like catalyst fragments, for instance), but not the picture of what the item is. So I may see a PHC dropped a 2 star, but it takes several seconds for the image of which champ to show. Or a daily crystal drops 3000 fragments of some catalyst, but it takes a few moments before I see that they are T4 basic catalyst fragments.
  • A dias tenho notado um problema em que a masmorra nos impede de pregredir nas depois de 4 salas e você perde quase todos seus pontos conquistados. Pois o jogo trava e só volta depois do término. E notei que isso não é problema de internét e sim um problema instalado pela kabam! !!
  • Buttttt4Buttttt4 Posts: 22
    Seems like issues started after the update.
  • Super_Omar_8888Super_Omar_8888 Posts: 9
    edited August 2019
    In-Game Name: Super Omar 8888
    Device and Model: Galaxy J5 Prime
    Device Operating System: Android 8.0
    Cellular or WiFi: WiFi
    Game Version Installed: 24.1
    Game Mode: Alliance Quest
    Description of the Issue: I was playing Captain Marvel (Movie) in alliance quest against a Cosmic Symbioid. I was doing a normal 5-hit combo and immediately followed up by a Special 1. The Symbioid blocked right before I fired off my Special 1, even though there was no possible gap. He then fired of a Special 2 which cost me 80% of Captain Marvel's health.

There is another lag issue on the lower end phones concerning some champions in the Contest (especially from the newer ones), regardless of the game mode:

- Darkhawk's block, Specials
    - Dormammu's Special 2
    - Ghost Rider's Special 2 (when getting hit by it)
    - Gladiator Hulk's Special 1
    - Havok's Special 1
    - Heimdall's Special 2
    - Hulk's Special 1
    - King Groot's Special 2
    - Mister Sinister's Block, Specials, animations altogether
    - Mysterio's block, Specials, animations altogether
    - Nick Fury's block, Special 1
    - Omega Red's Special 2, Special 3
    - Phoenix's Special 2 (when you block it), Special 3
    - Quake's Special 1 (sometimes)
    - Red Hulk's Special 2