**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The state of the arena

Comments

• AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★

AlphA101 said:

I wasn't aware that the Arena was supposed to be updated according to time. That's not exactly something that has a shelf life. It's a question of where the game is at, and just the same as people ask for a 6* Crystal in the Dungeon, I don't believe we're close to the point that a 6* Arena is appropriate. A 5* Basic Arena, perhaps in the not-so-distant/not-so-immediate future.

Why iSint 6* arena appropriate ? Wouldn’t you like the opportunity to get your self a guaranteed 6* champ to help you progress In the game ? Which can probably help you clear LOL / act 6 or variant.

Players playing the game always want better champs , while you seem to oppose it , even though you do play the game as well , don’t you ?
    Would I like an opportunity? I think most people would. That doesn't mean the game is at the point where it's appropriate.
    if you want an opportunity then elwhy don't you ever support players bro. also lets be realistic here the cutoff will be so much higher for that arena, normal people won't even stand a chance so again top rewards will only go to the endgame players with already stacked roster just to help them in upcoming chapters in act 6
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

AlphA101 said:

I wasn't aware that the Arena was supposed to be updated according to time. That's not exactly something that has a shelf life. It's a question of where the game is at, and just the same as people ask for a 6* Crystal in the Dungeon, I don't believe we're close to the point that a 6* Arena is appropriate. A 5* Basic Arena, perhaps in the not-so-distant/not-so-immediate future.

Why iSint 6* arena appropriate ? Wouldn’t you like the opportunity to get your self a guaranteed 6* champ to help you progress In the game ? Which can probably help you clear LOL / act 6 or variant.

Players playing the game always want better champs , while you seem to oppose it , even though you do play the game as well , don’t you ?
    Would I like an opportunity? I think most people would. That doesn't mean the game is at the point where it's appropriate.
    if you want an opportunity then elwhy don't you ever support players bro. also lets be realistic here the cutoff will be so much higher for that arena, normal people won't even stand a chance so again top rewards will only go to the endgame players with already stacked roster just to help them in upcoming chapters in act 6
    I don't support or discourage ideas just because people want or don't want them. I respect that people want it. I don't fault people for asking. I just don't turn a blind eye to things like the Meta and what's best for the game and overall progress.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 284 ★★★
    Bring on the 5* basic arena!
  • AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★

AlphA101 said:

Why would you think about what’s appropriate and not ? Shouldn’t you as a player be concerned with your benefit , all the more if you are f2p

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

DNA3000 said:

Kobster84 said:

DNA3000 said:

AndiYTDE said:

Essentially, two things need to happen in my opinion:
    1. A 5* Basic arena giving out a 5* champion to the top 10% (Maybe 5%).
    2. A rework of the Sunday Arenas. After a few days of playing the game, 2* champions become completely irrelevant.

I would hope Kabam learned their lesson the last time they acquiesced to step on the gas on power progression, because apparently it isn't obvious to most players that this is a progressional game, and lowering the rarity in one place in the game forces the game to invent a higher one. It looks like they learned their lesson when you look at how the 5*/6* design relationship works, but you just never know.

I don't mind starting over with 5* champs being made obsolete by 7* champs, so I don't care a huge amount, but I'm compelled to warn about the intrinsic progression-suicide of asking for uncommon things to be common and rare things to be uncommon. The rare vacuum will get filled with something even harder to get. Players always think this doesn't have to be the case and are always surprised when this is the case, even though this is about as predictable as gravity.
    Damn 1 and a half years since last update to arena kabam really is going full throttle
    There's a misconception here that if Kabam makes no changes to the game, no changes to the star tier are necessary: that if they only make changes slowly, the eventuality of 7* champs will itself only happen slowly or not at all. But that's not the case. It is the demand for 5* and 6* champions that drives this, and those are affected by how many champions people have, not the rate at which they earn them. The more people have, the less relative demand for them overall. So just the current rate of earning them causes the need for higher tier (7*) champions to arrive: updating the arenas doesn't make this happen, it makes it happen faster.

To put it another way: even if Kabam did absolutely nothing to the 5* earning rate, eventually 7* champs or something equivalent would arrive. The only question is how fast, not if. The idea that Kabam has made no changes to the arena in a long time, so we can make changes now without affecting anything because it is "overdue" is not correct. The game is driving towards a finish line, and the question is how hard do you want to press the gas. But making no changes to the arenas isn't like taking your foot off the gas, it is just continuing to hold it down by the same amount.

The problem is no one can see the finish line, and no one knows how far away it is. But some people want to stomp on the gas because its fun, because they think they can hit the brakes when the finish line comes into view. But this car doesn't have brakes.
    and this is why we can't have nice things in the game bcoz some people don't even realize how stale this game is getting.
    We can't have nice things because @DNA3000, saying nothing about whether or not change would be good or bad, simply explained what would be likely to result from the change? Did you actually read his post?
    AlphA101 said:

AlphA101 said:

Why would you think about what’s appropriate and not ? Shouldn’t you as a player be concerned with your benefit , all the more if you are f2p

I care about the game. Not just what benefits me. I'm not F2P, but that has nothing to do with it. There are many things I would like, but the overall health of the game is more of a priority than what I want. So when it comes to changes or introducing new aspects, my first thought is to apply it to what effect it will have to the game overall, to the best that my knowledge can reason.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AlphA101 said:

AlphA101 said:

I care about the game. Not just what benefits me. I'm not F2P, but that has nothing to do with it. There are many things I would like, but the overall health of the game is more of a priority than what I want. So when it comes to changes or introducing new aspects, my first thought is to apply it to what effect it will have to the game overall, to the best that my knowledge can reason.
    So great that we have big brains in the community like you who think about the consequences of updating content. A 5* basic arena where F2P players can grind for a specific 5* champion would break the game, but Cavalier Crystals which allow the whales to spend thousands of dollars to unlock new 6* champions are fine. Wait...
    Did he ever say that Cavalier Crystals were a healthy addition to the game? I don't ever remember hearing anything to that effect...
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Remember the antman and yellow jacket arenas with pym particles as entry costs?

Well I'm sure they could add something similar to the sunday arenas, not in the current state but when updated.

Could be a beginner Arena, Intermediate Arena and Veteran Arena with shards and gold
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    It would be fun if the Sunday arena was a team arena. I'd be far more likely to play arena if it benefited my whole alliance.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    AlphA101 said:

If a person hasn't cleared LOL or variant, then that person has no chance, none, of competing in a 6 star arena to the point where they would win the 6 star champion. Do you realize the rosters of the people that would be going after 6 stars? Only those with huge rosters (including lots of 6 stars) would get those guaranteed 6 star prizes in the arena, thus increasing their rosters even more.

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I think it is time for a 6 star arena. It would at least split the whales up and force them to choose an area lowering the scores that way. It would only improve the game in my opinion since they won't expand how many people gets the featured 5 star.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    AndiYTDE said:

AlphA101 said:

AlphA101 said:

So great that we have big brains in the community like you who think about the consequences of updating content. A 5* basic arena where F2P players can grind for a specific 5* champion would break the game, but Cavalier Crystals which allow the whales to spend thousands of dollars to unlock new 6* champions are fine. Wait...
    This is the crux of the issue. Cavs broke the game, there is no denying it or going back as it's funded the game. Adding more arenas won't break the game or lead to the destruction of our rosters like some like to write theses after theses on. updating arens will actually help the ballance. No, most won't be able to get the champ out right, but they will be able to get the milestones that will have to include 5* and 6* shards to build their roster to keep up w/o dropping Odins on Cavs.

If you're arguing against an update to arenas you're just simply wrong and there is no point in discussing it.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    AlphA101 said:

I don't personally oppose a 6* arena but kabam sure would. Cav crystal sales would plummet. I'm one of those people they target for cav crystal sales and if I knew I could spend less on refreshes than I would on cav crystals to get a 6* featured champ I'd be foolish not to change what I do.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    5* basic arena was due 6 months ago.
    AndiYTDE said:

AlphA101 said:

AlphA101 said:

What? Did you even read what I said? I said a Basic Arena could be seeable.
    People being able to buy a 1% chance is not an argument for everything others want.
    What I said was the game wasn't ready for a 6* Arena.

I didn’t want to suggest a basic 5* arena because i saw these argument coming and although i agree that cavaliers crystal broke the balance , we need to understand that mcoc is a business and whether we like it or not the n1 goal of kabam as a company is to make money and the idea of 5* basic will decrease the sales of cav crystals by a large margin .
    I think the best thing to do for players and kabam is to introduce 6* arena and increase the 5* featured pool to 300-500 champ per cycle. This way cav crystals still relevant , players can have more access to more 5* ( players will also buy units if they want to grind for champions ) and whales will spend ton of money on the 6* arena

Agreed, the six star arena wouldn't break the game at all. A one% chance is still a one percent. Then guys such as myself can milk the 5 star arena and get those 2k 5 star shard miles stones for half the points lol.
    For the cost of 300 Units, you can buy a 1% chance at a 6*. Not everyone, just the small demographic that is Cavalier. The amount of people dropping thousands of Dollars on Cavs isn't great. Those Crystals are not affecting the balance of the game as much as people suggest, and they're not the same as an Arena that will add another layer. I don't know why people keep referencing them.
    edited August 2019
    A 1% chance for a very small number of people hasn't really opened flood gates. At first, they seemed impressive because it was more access than we saw. However, I wouldn't say people are swimming in all they need.
    People can take me seriously or not. There's still a larger picture that isn't being seen.
    The Featured 5* has a 25% chance at a Featured.
    I mistyped. I meant the 17.5% rate at getting a 5 star is what broke the game. It has expanded peoples rosters with very minimal effort, either with cash or free to play units. Its not about actually getting the features which is still pretty rare if you're not spending hundreds of dollars.
    I'm pretty sure they filtered the demographic who have access to the Cavs so it wouldn't break the game. Not everyone has access to them. Even less people have thousands at their disposal to spend on them. There are limiting factors that keep access isolated and controlled. They're not flooding the game in some way that's blown the Meta.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Comments like the one above is the reason people have an issue taking you seriously. If you think Cavaliers haven't made much of a difference in game is completely absurd. A drop rate of 17.5% for featured 5 stars has completely transformed numerous accounts and continues to do so.

It's a drop rate of 17% for a basic 5* not featured