Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

PROXIMA CANT PARRY DOMINO?

Today i fought Domino on Aegis heavy node with my proxima. I thought domino will get parry stun & I will do the heavy, but Domino did not get parry e single time even I was trying to block/parry every time. Ultimately Proxima KO ed without getting a single scratch on her, but I finally managed to get a parrry from my hyperion & then killed her. So, How this could be? I know domino reduces AAR by 15% but Proxima also has 200% AAR when block an Attack. Till now I was able to parry IMIW, Yondu but this time it got me some real trouble by loosing a champ & another 50% of hype in first section in WAR.. Anyone can explain me this???

Comments

  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,023 ★★★★★
    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 26,879 ★★★★★
    Zuro said:

    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense

    He converts it usually.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,023 ★★★★★

    Zuro said:

    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense

    Can't reliably parry KG, in a sense, yes. He shrugs off the stun in half a second while he has Fury Buffs (at the cost of 1). So while KG has Fury up, the Parry stun will get shrugged off almost immediately. Next time you fight him, watch his Buffs. I've managed to stun him with a parry many a time. After he ate all his Furies that is. Just have to be aware of how many Fury Buffs he's rocking.


    I know he could shrug it off I always thought that it would work like masochism but guess I was wrong
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 578 ★★★

    Domino reduces your ability accuracy by 15% just for showing up to the fight this is not reliant on Domino attacking. This leaves Proxima with an 85% chance to land a parry stun. You got unlucky failing a parry stun.

    Proxima does reduce offensive ability accuracy by 200% while blocking, but that does not increase Proxima’s ability accuracy it just reduces the person hitting her blocks ability accuracy, Proxima still has an 85% chance to parry stun Domino.

    Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino (less if she is unlucky). Proxima’s OAAR does nothing to increase Proxima’s chance to parry Domino or reduce Domino’s -15% (more if you are unlucky) AAR that Domino penalizes Proxima with for jsut showing up.

    wait: AAR from domino is an ability, and this ability has its AA that can be modified, so if i reduce Domino's AA to 0 she shouldn't be able to affect my Accuracy. in this case, if I parry domino with proxima i should neutralize her abilities, and thus i should be able to always parry her.

    the only thing that can mess up with this reasoning is if Domino's AAR is considered an offensive ability or not.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,010 ★★★

    Domino reduces your ability accuracy by 15% just for showing up to the fight this is not reliant on Domino attacking. This leaves Proxima with an 85% chance to land a parry stun. You got unlucky failing a parry stun.

    Proxima does reduce offensive ability accuracy by 200% while blocking, but that does not increase Proxima’s ability accuracy it just reduces the person hitting her blocks ability accuracy, Proxima still has an 85% chance to parry stun Domino.

    Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino (less if she is unlucky). Proxima’s OAAR does nothing to increase Proxima’s chance to parry Domino or reduce Domino’s -15% (more if you are unlucky) AAR that Domino penalizes Proxima with for jsut showing up.

    wait: AAR from domino is an ability, and this ability has its AA that can be modified, so if i reduce Domino's AA to 0 she shouldn't be able to affect my Accuracy. in this case, if I parry domino with proxima i should neutralize her abilities, and thus i should be able to always parry her.

    the only thing that can mess up with this reasoning is if Domino's AAR is considered an offensive ability or not.
    Proxima reduces offensive AA, Dominos AAR is a passive ability that activates at the start of the fight
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

    Zuro said:

    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense

    Can't reliably parry KG, in a sense, yes. He shrugs off the stun in half a second while he has Fury Buffs (at the cost of 1). So while KG has Fury up, the Parry stun will get shrugged off almost immediately. Next time you fight him, watch his Buffs. I've managed to stun him with a parry many a time. After he ate all his Furies that is. Just have to be aware of how many Fury Buffs he's rocking.


    King groot is awesome, all he needs is stronger number on fury like atleast 30-40% fury amount & to make it more spicy they could add passive power gain of 15% when fury is not active or may b double when opponent is poisoned.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★

    Domino reduces your ability accuracy by 15% just for showing up to the fight this is not reliant on Domino attacking. This leaves Proxima with an 85% chance to land a parry stun. You got unlucky failing a parry stun.

    Proxima does reduce offensive ability accuracy by 200% while blocking, but that does not increase Proxima’s ability accuracy it just reduces the person hitting her blocks ability accuracy, Proxima still has an 85% chance to parry stun Domino.

    Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino (less if she is unlucky). Proxima’s OAAR does nothing to increase Proxima’s chance to parry Domino or reduce Domino’s -15% (more if you are unlucky) AAR that Domino penalizes Proxima with for jsut showing up.

    wait: AAR from domino is an ability, and this ability has its AA that can be modified, so if i reduce Domino's AA to 0 she shouldn't be able to affect my Accuracy. in this case, if I parry domino with proxima i should neutralize her abilities, and thus i should be able to always parry her.

    the only thing that can mess up with this reasoning is if Domino's AAR is considered an offensive ability or not.
    Dominos AAR is not offensive it is general, and as far as I know you can prevent AAR modification but you cannot modify the AAR percentages because they are passive not active.
  • Zuro said:

    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense

    That's because he is King. All you can do is bow down and hope for mercy🤴
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    Thanks guyz for your valuable comments. But I want to know What I can do with 200% AAR of proxima & -15% AA of Domino? I am not a pro player, I got Uncollected, But still I rely mostly on parry. I want to know the solution of (rather counter of) Domino on Aegis Heavy node... Cause we are in tier 10, where we find mordo, domino & yondu on that node, we know the counter of mordo & yondu but that DOMINO gives us tough time...
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★

    Thanks guyz for your valuable comments. But I want to know What I can do with 200% AAR of proxima & -15% AA of Domino? I am not a pro player, I got Uncollected, But still I rely mostly on parry. I want to know the solution of (rather counter of) Domino on Aegis Heavy node... Cause we are in tier 10, where we find mordo, domino & yondu on that node, we know the counter of mordo & yondu but that DOMINO gives us tough time...

    it is not 200% AAR, it is 200% OFFENSIVE AAR This will prevent things like her bleed from triggering on you when she does a special. It will also affect things like the lucky/unlucky passives traggering.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    Lormif said:

    Thanks guyz for your valuable comments. But I want to know What I can do with 200% AAR of proxima & -15% AA of Domino? I am not a pro player, I got Uncollected, But still I rely mostly on parry. I want to know the solution of (rather counter of) Domino on Aegis Heavy node... Cause we are in tier 10, where we find mordo, domino & yondu on that node, we know the counter of mordo & yondu but that DOMINO gives us tough time...

    it is not 200% AAR, it is 200% OFFENSIVE AAR This will prevent things like her bleed from triggering on you when she does a special. It will also affect things like the lucky/unlucky passives traggering.
    I dueled later domino with my proxima, I got the very first parry normally, But after that I could not get a single parry. Also she was getting Lucky/Unlucky everytime she filled her power bar. Cant understand still how to fight domino in that node (aegis heavy)...!!!
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,346 ★★★★★

    Lormif said:

    Thanks guyz for your valuable comments. But I want to know What I can do with 200% AAR of proxima & -15% AA of Domino? I am not a pro player, I got Uncollected, But still I rely mostly on parry. I want to know the solution of (rather counter of) Domino on Aegis Heavy node... Cause we are in tier 10, where we find mordo, domino & yondu on that node, we know the counter of mordo & yondu but that DOMINO gives us tough time...

    it is not 200% AAR, it is 200% OFFENSIVE AAR This will prevent things like her bleed from triggering on you when she does a special. It will also affect things like the lucky/unlucky passives traggering.
    I dueled later domino with my proxima, I got the very first parry normally, But after that I could not get a single parry. Also she was getting Lucky/Unlucky everytime she filled her power bar. Cant understand still how to fight domino in that node (aegis heavy)...!!!
    Parry is a defensive ability you have. Dominos ability accuracy reduction lowers it. Dominos AAR is passive, not offensive or defensive ability, and it can apply to both of yours. Domino when lucky also reduces the duration of stuns. Your best bet is probably to learn to heavy intercept.
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    ok, i can normally defeat domino in eq & story quest, normally use intercept or find opening after her spcl to counter her. But can anyone has idea how i remove those indestructible charge off her (in aegis heavy node in war)?
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

    You should heavy counter it’s really easy. Evade the medium and punish. If she has lucky and you have unlucky you will not get the parry. I have 6 * proxima and she handles domino a little better than 5*. And don’t mess with domino there are other champs that need it way more than her. If you have domino you understand but if don’t you’re just Trolling doms

    He’s talking about heavy aegis node
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    @Kobster84 you got it right man... :o
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,116 ★★★
    Double parry I guess?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,116 ★★★
    So just keep parrying hits mid combo until you get a parry stun
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,231 ★★★★★
    You can parry her with any champ (with 85% accuracy), if you make her dash at you ... like Yondu. Her first medium is a contact attack.
  • Kalantak said:

    Zuro said:

    I can't parry king groot either which makes no sense

    Can't reliably parry KG, in a sense, yes. He shrugs off the stun in half a second while he has Fury Buffs (at the cost of 1). So while KG has Fury up, the Parry stun will get shrugged off almost immediately. Next time you fight him, watch his Buffs. I've managed to stun him with a parry many a time. After he ate all his Furies that is. Just have to be aware of how many Fury Buffs he's rocking.


    King groot is awesome, all he needs is stronger number on fury like atleast 30-40% fury amount & to make it more spicy they could add passive power gain of 15% when fury is not active or may b double when opponent is poisoned.
    I'd be down to see that happen to the giant walking log with a bommy knocker for a fist, lol. Seriously though, was rather frustrated when I 1st pulled him as a 4* way back when. Now, I kind of want him as a 5*. He has his perks. A little love and he'd be quite useful. You'd think as big as he is he'd hit a bit harder, lol.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 578 ★★★
    so the only way to prevent the ability to work
    Voltolos said:

    Domino reduces your ability accuracy by 15% just for showing up to the fight this is not reliant on Domino attacking. This leaves Proxima with an 85% chance to land a parry stun. You got unlucky failing a parry stun.

    Proxima does reduce offensive ability accuracy by 200% while blocking, but that does not increase Proxima’s ability accuracy it just reduces the person hitting her blocks ability accuracy, Proxima still has an 85% chance to parry stun Domino.

    Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino (less if she is unlucky). Proxima’s OAAR does nothing to increase Proxima’s chance to parry Domino or reduce Domino’s -15% (more if you are unlucky) AAR that Domino penalizes Proxima with for jsut showing up.

    wait: AAR from domino is an ability, and this ability has its AA that can be modified, so if i reduce Domino's AA to 0 she shouldn't be able to affect my Accuracy. in this case, if I parry domino with proxima i should neutralize her abilities, and thus i should be able to always parry her.

    the only thing that can mess up with this reasoning is if Domino's AAR is considered an offensive ability or not.
    Proxima reduces offensive AA, Dominos AAR is a passive ability that activates at the start of the fight
    so, there aren't only Offensive and Defensive, but Generic AA too? good to know, thank you ^_^ but how can i stop it? does generic AAR like AA's neurotoxin or CapIW's SP1 work with her?
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,231 ★★★★★

    so the only way to prevent the ability to work

    Voltolos said:

    Domino reduces your ability accuracy by 15% just for showing up to the fight this is not reliant on Domino attacking. This leaves Proxima with an 85% chance to land a parry stun. You got unlucky failing a parry stun.

    Proxima does reduce offensive ability accuracy by 200% while blocking, but that does not increase Proxima’s ability accuracy it just reduces the person hitting her blocks ability accuracy, Proxima still has an 85% chance to parry stun Domino.

    Proxima has an 85% chance to parry Domino (less if she is unlucky). Proxima’s OAAR does nothing to increase Proxima’s chance to parry Domino or reduce Domino’s -15% (more if you are unlucky) AAR that Domino penalizes Proxima with for jsut showing up.

    wait: AAR from domino is an ability, and this ability has its AA that can be modified, so if i reduce Domino's AA to 0 she shouldn't be able to affect my Accuracy. in this case, if I parry domino with proxima i should neutralize her abilities, and thus i should be able to always parry her.

    the only thing that can mess up with this reasoning is if Domino's AAR is considered an offensive ability or not.
    Proxima reduces offensive AA, Dominos AAR is a passive ability that activates at the start of the fight
    so, there aren't only Offensive and Defensive, but Generic AA too? good to know, thank you ^_^ but how can i stop it? does generic AAR like AA's neurotoxin or CapIW's SP1 work with her?
    No, AA's parry can also fail. You just need to try to parry her medium and watch for the stun icon. Try, try again.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 578 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:


    No, AA's parry can also fail. You just need to try to parry her medium and watch for the stun icon. Try, try again.

    thank you for your advice, but i will probably do as i always done, punishing her heavies and SPs with my sentinel, i just have to learn how to perfectly evade her SP2 ^_^ i don't know why, but i'm still not able to undestand when my opponent does a medium or a light attack ^^"
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 519 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Am I correct in saying that archangel is one of the only champs who can reliably parry domino everytime as he's immune to Ability accuracy reduction?

    A ł p н a
Sign In or Register to comment.