**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Spider Gwen

doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
What do you think of the new spider gwen?
Also, what's the best way to fight her when her spider sense gets to about 4 or 5 and she evades practically all ur attack?

Comments

• Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Ty both
  • Options
    MawrCalleachMawrCalleach Posts: 260
    Quake&bake is my fave
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    I have taken my to 5* r3 and I love her. Her damage is sweet, can "endlessly" powerlock, burst damage on SP3 and more. Idk how to fight her tho, since I always use Venom
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Another awesome option is Emma...get her to telepath form and all evades go bye bye
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I really like her, she’s next in line for 5/65 on my roster, just hoping I dupe her before that. As others have already mentioned, venom is easily her best counter when you’re fighting against her. But she can’t auto evade when blocking. If you want to avoid her evasion you could just hit into her block instead. It’ll take longer but it’s completely safe. If you’re looking for ideas on how to use her and what she can do, I wrote this a few weeks ago and it might help you out, be warned though it is a long one:

Spider-Gwen:
    Since the buff she's really fun to play and has some really nice utility. Her moveset has always been brilliant so it's great that she's now a useful character to have.

First thing to mention is her slow debuff. This is a relatively new debuff but it can be very useful. To 'slow' your opponent you just need to hit them with a heavy attack, this is easy to do because she has a lot of range making the heavy counter technique really simple. No real need to parry, although that is an alternative if you prefer. This debuff will prevent unstoppable buffs from activating as well as giving her the ability to ignore auto evade, also has quite a long duration of 15 seconds and is very easy to refresh. The only downside to this is that it won't work againt anyone with a class advantage on her.

Spider-sense charges can be quite important, especially if you're using the venom synergy. Each charge will increase her attack by 10% if venom is on the team so building these up can make her dmaage increase significantly, especially at higher ranks. As a bonus, she will start the fight with 3 extra charges when fighting characters of the Superior Class (Maestro, collector etc). So with the venom synergy you'll begin the fight with 4 charges which means you start with a 40% attack boost essentially which can then go up to 60% (Thanos killing machine in AQ if you're looking for regular usage).

Assuming you aren't utilising the synergy each Spider-Sense charge will grant you a 7% chance to evade incoming attacks unless you are trying to block. The trick is to try and combine dexterity with her auto evade to avoid the tricky specials, similar to how Stark Spidey works. Her evade chance is increased by 550% when the opponent uses an unblockable special attack, the maximum chance for her auto evade is at 5 charges which is 35% (as a side note this will be halved if you are using the venom synergy). With a 550% increase that results in a 192% chance to evade so there's a good chance you won't get hit. Final things to mention with these charges is that each one increases her attack by X attack rating and she can nullify the opponent's true strike buffs and gain a charge that way. Really useful for defence as a result as it limits who can counter her.

You can pause hunter and trap spider modes in a number of ways, these are:
    -Evade an attack (0.5 seconds)
    -Land a combo ending attack (0.5 seconds)
    -Using a special attack will pause them for the full duration

All 3 of her special attacks are very useful. Some provide excellent utility whilst others massively improve her damage output. Using each one in the right scenario makes her a flexible attacker who can deal with quite a lot of tricky opponents.

SP1- Best way to build up Spider-Sense charges, you get one every time you use this attack until you're maxed out. The cap is 5 which is increased to 6 with venom on the team. Sp1 also activates trap spider mode which is a passive effect. Trap spider mode increases your critical damage rating and and gives you a 30% chance to apply enervate debuffs on every attack. You can be very aggressive with her since they won't be gaining power when enervate is active.

SP2- Full of utility. You have a guaranteed paralyse debuff from this attack which does 3 important things. It will stun the opponent for 4 seconds as well as reducing their power rate and regeneration by 80%. Should be enough time to land a lot of free hits.

SP3- This is where the big damage comes from. Sp3 activates hunter spider mode which can massively increase your damage output. It lasts for 18 seconds (remember you can pause this) and each attack will apply an extra 55% of the damage dealt as direct physical damage. At a high enough rank this could be really impressive, especially if venom is on the team. Hunter spider mode is passive and can't be nullified.

Signature ability:
    At a high sig this can be quite a big boost to the character, these are the stats for a sig 200 Spider-Gwen:
    -Slow debuff will last an extra 3 seconds
    -Her Spider-Sense charges give her 134.04 critical damage each
    -Hunter spider and trap spider modes are both extended by 45%
  • Options
    spigwenderspigwender Posts: 473 ★★★

I really like her, she’s next in line for 5/65 on my roster, just hoping I dupe her before that. As others have already mentioned, venom is easily her best counter when you’re fighting against her. But she can’t auto evade when blocking. If you want to avoid her evasion you could just hit into her block instead. It’ll take longer but it’s completely safe. If you’re looking for ideas on how to use her and what she can do, I wrote this a few weeks ago and it might help you out, be warned though it is a long one:

Spider-Gwen:
    Since the buff she's really fun to play and has some really nice utility. Her moveset has always been brilliant so it's great that she's now a useful character to have.

First thing to mention is her slow debuff. This is a relatively new debuff but it can be very useful. To 'slow' your opponent you just need to hit them with a heavy attack, this is easy to do because she has a lot of range making the heavy counter technique really simple. No real need to parry, although that is an alternative if you prefer. This debuff will prevent unstoppable buffs from activating as well as giving her the ability to ignore auto evade, also has quite a long duration of 15 seconds and is very easy to refresh. The only downside to this is that it won't work againt anyone with a class advantage on her.

Spider-sense charges can be quite important, especially if you're using the venom synergy. Each charge will increase her attack by 10% if venom is on the team so building these up can make her dmaage increase significantly, especially at higher ranks. As a bonus, she will start the fight with 3 extra charges when fighting characters of the Superior Class (Maestro, collector etc). So with the venom synergy you'll begin the fight with 4 charges which means you start with a 40% attack boost essentially which can then go up to 60% (Thanos killing machine in AQ if you're looking for regular usage).

Assuming you aren't utilising the synergy each Spider-Sense charge will grant you a 7% chance to evade incoming attacks unless you are trying to block. The trick is to try and combine dexterity with her auto evade to avoid the tricky specials, similar to how Stark Spidey works. Her evade chance is increased by 550% when the opponent uses an unblockable special attack, the maximum chance for her auto evade is at 5 charges which is 35% (as a side note this will be halved if you are using the venom synergy). With a 550% increase that results in a 192% chance to evade so there's a good chance you won't get hit. Final things to mention with these charges is that each one increases her attack by X attack rating and she can nullify the opponent's true strike buffs and gain a charge that way. Really useful for defence as a result as it limits who can counter her.

All 3 of her special attacks are very useful. Some provide excellent utility whilst others massively improve her damage output. Using each one in the right scenario makes her a flexible attacker who can deal with quite a lot of tricky opponents.

SP1- Best way to build up Spider-Sense charges, you get one every time you use this attack until you're maxed out. The cap is 5 which is increased to 6 with venom on the team. Sp1 also activates trap spider mode which is a passive effect. Trap spider mode increases your critical damage rating and and gives you a 30% chance to apply enervate debuffs on every attack. You can be very aggressive with her since they won't be gaining power when enervate is active.

SP2- Full of utility. You have a guaranteed paralyse debuff from this attack which does 3 important things. It will stun the opponent for 4 seconds as well as reducing their power rate and regeneration by 80%. Should be enough time to land a lot of free hits.

SP3- This is where the big damage comes from. Sp3 activates hunter spider mode which can massively increase your damage output. It lasts for 18 seconds (remember you can pause this) and each attack will apply an extra 55% of the damage dealt as direct physical damage. At a high enough rank this could be really impressive, especially if venom is on the team. Hunter spider mode is passive and can't be nullified.

Signature ability:
    At a high sig this can be quite a big boost to the character, these are the stats for a sig 200 Spider-Gwen:

first off, good job on the abilities breakdown. second, last i checked hunter spider ability duration pause is bugged. i was testing mine when i took her to 5/65 and the hunter spider expired in the middle of special 2 against ROL captain marvel.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★

Spider-Gwen:

Signature ability:

first off, good job on the abilities breakdown. second, last i checked hunter spider ability duration pause is bugged. i was testing mine when i took her to 5/65 and the hunter spider expired in the middle of special 2 against ROL captain marvel.
    That seems odd, I haven’t noticed anything weird myself but I’ll definitely keep a closer eye on it when I’m using her.