**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sinister Labs

GOTTA BE the worst monthly side quest of all time. The amount of fights alone is outlandish, not to mention some of the node combos on hardest difficulty. Rewards are trash too. About the only thing they got right on them was the 0 energy cost.

I know the rewards add up, and know you can change the nodes, blah blah blah. Just a very underwhelming side quest imo. Who wants to deal with 12 act 6 level fights a day (for 40 6* shards) on top of all the other levels of difficulty fights.

WAYYYYY to time intensive to waste my time doing it. Feels like homework, not fun.

Is anyone else still bothering with these? I stopped after the first week.

Comments

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,903 ★★★★★
    i only do master i said to hell with the epic one, re-rolls are always trash
  • Mr_Rager27Mr_Rager27 Posts: 35
    Yeah I feel like the re-rolls are always worse then what I was trying to get away from haha.

If the labs refreshed once every 72 hours say (rewards updated appropriately) instead of every 24 hours it would be so much better, at least from a time standpoint.
  • G2DKG2DK Posts: 243
    I usually do every bit of monthly content that is released. I have zero interest in doing these labs.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★

GOTTA BE the worst monthly side quest of all time. The amount of fights alone is outlandish, not to mention some of the node combos on hardest difficulty. Rewards are trash too. About the only thing they got right on them was the 0 energy cost.

I know the rewards add up, and know you can change the nodes, blah blah blah. Just a very underwhelming side quest imo. Who wants to deal with 12 act 6 level fights a day (for 40 6* shards) on top of all the other levels of difficulty fights.

WAYYYYY to time intensive to waste my time doing it. Feels like homework, not fun.

Is anyone else still bothering with these? I stopped after the first week.

I don't really disagree with much of this, but I'm still grinding them out. I haven't been able to spend in over a year so if it gives shards, I have to grind it out.

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    I've been doing them daily without any issues. Yes the rewards are low but cant really complain about that since it costs nothing to do them. I autofight the first 2 levels and activity play the higher 2. The fights are a fun challenge and if you bring the right options pretty easy
  • spidey31415926spidey31415926 Posts: 147
    The labs are a joke
  • WoozieWoozie Posts: 479 ★★
    Gkohler said:

I usually do every bit of monthly content that is released. I have zero interest in doing these labs.

me too, I've done every side quest the game has released consistently for the past 3 years, this is the first time i've said no.

The amount of time spent doing it per day you could be doing arena and saving units to complete Variant etc.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

I've been doing them daily without any issues. Yes the rewards are low but cant really complain about that since it costs nothing to do them. I autofight the first 2 levels and activity play the higher 2. The fights are a fun challenge and if you bring the right options pretty easy

Sure I can complain about them. We have had several good versions of the Lab. Why make it longer for lower rewards? I would rather have it cost energy for good rewards than an absurd amount of time for a few shards.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I don't care for them either I've been struggling to make myself do them. I missed 2 days already, just too time consuming.
  • NimorNimor Posts: 110
    I pretty much agree with your Mr_Rager27. Probably my least favorite event since i started playing. They require too much time and effort daily for what they offer. Problem is i can't stand missing rewards so i do my "homework" every day :p
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I play them because as a solo player, I can't complain about resources if I don't do the content.

I think what I always think about this game: It's about choices. If a person doesn't like something, take some time off and see what's happening the next month.

This stuff feels like it's a big deal in the moment, but I honestly can't even remember the event from two months ago and barely remembered last month's Spider-Verse -- it was Spider-Verse, right?

People have a right to complain. Absolutely. But this event will be gone in two weeks
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I stopped using the randomizer cubes for them. Rolling them ends up getting you a worse combination than you started with. I just go through without em and now have a huge stockpile of them to add to the 8 i had left from the last one of these. They sat in my inventory unused for? What? Since whenever the last lab like this ran. Kabam never cleared em out and i started with extras this time.