**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* iceman or Archangel?

Human_Iceberg2Human_Iceberg2 Posts: 282 ★★★
I pulled a 5* AA last week and this week I pulled a 5* iceman! One of my favorite champions of all time! However, I’m really conflicted on who to take up. Iceman is my only god tier bleed immune after 40 other non immune 5* champs. Because of his immunities, I’m tempted to go for iceman and not AA because of more and more immune champs coming into the game. I also have a 5* mutant gem. Who should I chose?

5* iceman or Archangel? 42 votes

Iceman
47%
DNA3000Carnage313Riise81Manup456TerraLvernon15ezgoingspidey31415926doctorbjkcjmijiBlackJ4zzTony886lukakadot_dittoMasterChief1176EarthEliteHuman_Iceberg2Giodood_1black_kill288LeeSan 20 votes
Archangel
52%
LeNoirFaineantCrkwestZENMets17RoOOtsDuke_SilverCharlie_SceneXxLoganTDCxXFhfjghhggggjfhfjgX_Factor_AgentHfchangKGold29Batman1903EtjamaZuroFred_JoeityEvisceratorLordGenesisThicco_ModeVatris 22 votes

Comments

• Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Iceman
    I had same choice not to long ago between an unawakened iceman and an awakened AA. I went with iceman for same reason because of immunity and have not regretted it. I actually just duped my iceman not to long ago after that. I still get great use out of my AA at rank 3 but I feel I have got so much more use out of iceman over all content. As for the gem AA is definitely better choice but I would probably save it for someone like namor or omega. Although I know chances of pulling those champs are rare but you never know. Basically just decide what it is that you need most right now that will further you along. Hope that helps. I hate rank up decisions lol
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Depends on where you are in the story. Are you done with act 5 and starting act 6? If so, rank up iceman and use the gem on AA.
  • BlackJ4zzBlackJ4zz Posts: 244 ★★
    Iceman
    Iceman is preferably better since there are alot of champs these days with immunities, shrug offs, and resistances hence AA viability has fallen. but to be honest you only need him at rank 3 and i would recommend you awaken him over iceman since the value got from awakening his far outweighs that of iceman.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Iceman
    I have a 5* R4 iceman (unduped) ... so I can vouche for his effectiveness .. really really has helped me push forward.

I don't have an ArchAngel, however, so can't really comment on him .. hehe
  • HerekleHerekle Posts: 16
    Tbh i am biased to the champions i like or think they’re cool such as miles morales and spidermen and other stuff
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Iceman
    AA massive damage doesn't require unlock
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    Iceman
    Iceman is just a utility god, ice armour protects him from SP3s, bleed, poison and incinerate immune, high damage with frostbite and reflects stun.
  • MasterChief1176MasterChief1176 Posts: 213
    Iceman
    You got me good there, use your mutant gem on Iceman so you can damage your opponent right out of the gate
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Archangel
    I find AA to be more useful for clearing content. Iceman all day if you need an immune.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

@Austin555555 100% act 5 and initial clear of 6.1 and 6.2 done.

Have you 100% the crossbones boss?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Iceman

and reflects stun.

FYI he doesn't "reflect" stun .. his ice armor (when up) just prevents it .. ;)

but yeah, he's a utility monster ... 100% agreed :)
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Archangel
    Iceman for defense and Archangel for attack
    Iceman is a good attacker too, but Archangel is better. If the opponent is immune to bleed or poison, do Iceman.