**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Tyranny and Corvus

LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
Just got out of lab, drew Corvus with a tyranny node. He’s not listed as a villain but still gained power. Is this correct? Should he be gaining power with that node?

Comments

• JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★
    V1PER1987 said:

No it shouldn’t be correct. Technically anyone who is affected by tyranny should be affected by Danger Sense and vice versa.

Corvus is not a “hero” or a “villian”, therefore he is not affected by either.
  • JosephPoerioJosephPoerio Posts: 269 ★★

I believe the node just says “Hero champs don’t gain power”. Since Corvus isn’t a “hero”, he gains power. Seems pretty straight forward.

Then mercenaries gain power?
    As long as they don’t have a “hero” tag, I would imagine they do.

No. It very specifically says that “villains gain supreme power,” while “heroes do not gain power.” Therefore, if you are not a hero or a villain, you should not be affected. This appears to be a bug.
    It says “Villains attain absolute power, Heroes do not gain power”. If Corvus is neither, then he is unaffected by the node. Why is that so hard to understand?
    I don’t know if this is true but when he was released he and próxima were not tagged as a villain so blade couldn’t steam roll the content as easily
    I’ve heard this as well.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Ahhhh, the gray areas...
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I believe the node just says “Hero champs don’t gain power”. Since Corvus isn’t a “hero”, he gains power. Seems pretty straight forward.

No. It very specifically says that “villains gain supreme power,” while “heroes do not gain power.” Therefore, if you are not a hero or a villain, you should not be affected. This appears to be a bug.
    If you're unaffected by the node, in other words it is as if the node wasn't there, then shouldn't you gain a normal amount of power from hitting and being hit?
    Exactly. This is my take on it from reading the node, unless, for some strange reason, the node is keyed to accept Thanos’s Army as well as villains, though I don’t know why that would be.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

If you're unaffected by the node, in other words it is as if the node wasn't there, then shouldn't you gain a normal amount of power from hitting and being hit?
    Exactly. This is my take on it from reading the node, unless, for some strange reason, the node is keyed to accept Thanos’s Army as well as villains, though I don’t know why that would be.
    Does it work otherwise atm?
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I had a similar experience, with Blade and Cull. They should reword the node because stating "Villains gain absolute power" makes it sound like ONLY villains gain power. They should just say "Heroes gain no power" to make it less confusing if all champs without hero tag gain power.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It says “Villains attain absolute power, Heroes do not gain power”. If Corvus is neither, then he is unaffected by the node. Why is that so hard to understand?
    Yes maybe but that’s not how it currently is. Unless they fixed it I tested a few mercenaries on that node and they gained no power. It’s literally what the node says, Villains gain absolute power. They are the only ones that gain power.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    edited August 2019
    It works for mercenaries.

The villain text is poorly worded and confusing. I guess it's supposed to be some role play flavor but doesn't work so well.

Anyone without the #hero tag will gain power.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    JRock808 said:

The villain text is poorly worded and confusing. I guess it's supposed to be some role play flavor but doesn't work so well.

Well if that’s in fact true, it’s been fixed in the past couple months.
  • ljballer22ljballer22 Posts: 151

I used ST on 5.2.6 on the Villainy/Tyranny path and he DOES NOT gain power.
  • DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Are Proxima, Maw, and Cull villains/gain power? I would assume all 4 of them have the same tag that determines their villain/hero/mercenary status. If all 4 have only mercenary tag (no villain) and only Corvus gains power, then it's probably a bug
  • hmdemerahmdemera Posts: 78
    JRock808 said:

Sabertooth did not gain any power whatsoever. He's a mercenary.
  • MrTicTac19992008MrTicTac19992008 Posts: 572 ★★
    Cull gains power as well as I found out. I think this has been an oversight by Kabam. They will have to reword the node. Maybe when this node was created they always tagged a champ with Hero or Villain. Then they brought out some champs that have neither tag but for some reason the node recognises Thanos Army to be same as Villain and Mercenary to be the same as Hero. It would be interesting to see what happens to 'The Champion' as he has his own unique tag.
  • LrrrrLrrrr Posts: 234 ★★
    Just drew karnak (merc) on tyranny in lab and he did not gain power. Seems like thanos army gains vilian benefits
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Just fought masacre on tyranny node in epic labs, and he gained power. He only has merc tag. Did kabam change something after this was raised above? Or are all mercs either a hidden villain or hero?
  • KibiKibi Posts: 57

V1PER1987 said:

No it shouldn’t be correct. Technically anyone who is affected by tyranny should be affected by Danger Sense and vice versa.

Corvus is not a “hero” or a “villian”, therefore he is not affected by either.
    not true since he IS affected by it, as a villain. bogus **** from kabam since they removed the black order's villain tags..
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    Interesting, this puts a smile on my face
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,136 ★★★★★
    It's definitely a wonky node - i used my CG in labs this week on Master and he wrecked a CAIW due to this (smile).