**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Real reason for the "emergency maintenance" - reward exploit

jy9iyhd151vy.png

Here is why Kabam took down their servers, not once, not twice... but three times to fix this exploit. But quite a few were able to take advantage. Props to them. And sucks for the rest who did not.

What is impressive is the fact that Kabam can and will sacrifice game play and cost everyone time and health in AQ and ruin arena to take down an exploit that benefits players. BUT leave a bug that hurts players for weeks, months or more.

Great priorities!

Comments

• Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Wait what? Is this like when 5* first game and it kept giving rewards?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    What proof do you have to this speculation? Other than the fact that the server went down?
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Each time you completed a path you got full Master rewards.

Considering they just announced 6* they better squash that or There are going to be some pissed off players
    What proof do you have to this speculation? Other than the fact that the server went down?

My friend just confirmed this. It seems to be repeating it for people who hadn't 100% it yet. It's real
    @Kabam Miike I know you're online. What's the dealio? This is definitely real.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

My friend just confirmed this. It seems to be repeating it for people who hadn't 100% it yet. It's real

I'm not disputing there may be an exploit. I'm disputing the Emergency Maintenance 3 times to deal with it.

I'm not disputing there may be an exploit. I'm disputing the Emergency Maintenance 3 times to deal with it.

Oh that could be a coincidence. But I remember a similar response with the last exploit right after 5* came out.
  • SignumSignum Posts: 133
    I have completed this with 2 accounts before the outage and didn't get those rewards...you guys that got it are lucky
    Signum wrote: »
    I have completed this with 2 accounts before the outage and didn't get those rewards...you guys that got it are lucky

It looks like it's only people who are just beating it now. I tried it on my account and it didn't work.
  • DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    I heard about this too. People getting rewards every time they do it. Kabam better take these rewards back.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Just keep bumping this -> most important thread about it constantly coming down.
  • Did about two runs in master quest before emergency maintenance and did not get any of those rewards
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Did you have master 100% done before today? Someone was saying may have only applied to people finishing it today (assuming for solo event or randomly)
  • MastaChief117MastaChief117 Posts: 113
    Kabam better give those rewards to everyone for these server shutdowns is all I know
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    edited August 2017
    I'm still waiting for compensation for the featured heroes I paid and worked for but was not given because the leaderboard was 80% full of modders. (Beginner bracket last month, I'm not exaggerating)

They're happy to investigate and take away rewards from people who got them unfairly but they won't compensate honest paying players who were cheated out of rewards they deserve. Another example of messed up priorities; not just for the player experience but for Kabam. The first action is fair, but makes players feel punished, doesn't really help Kabam. The latter inaction leaves players feelings seriously disgruntled and overlooked and will lead to them leaving or just not paying money anymore. Not a good business model.
  • That is not the case, but thank for you bringing this to our attention. We'll look into this as soon as we have time and will make sure to rectify the issue.

So instead of just letting the team know you're actually going to do something? Doubt it. Response is on par with the auto bots running customer service.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    If this is the case I hope Kabam investigates thoroughly and dish out punishment to those caught exploiting the bug.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    AQ needs to be reset. 5 shutdowns in less than 10 hours of aq is unacceptable.
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    Murdastang wrote: »
    Did about two runs in master quest before emergency maintenance and did not get any of those rewards

It wasn't the master level, it was the Heroic. And apparently only if you did not have it at 100% already.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Wait really? This is some bull man.
  • MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    Quick scramble the jets!! a glitch that helps the summoners!!
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Yes confirmed. Kabam will likely not do anything or be able to do anything. So some got away with it.

Next ban wave! Kabam I do nothing a hacker log in when I get kick out of game for connection issue please give account back I no cheat
  • MrWigglesMrWiggles Posts: 54
    There is reports of double dash back not working... I would hope they didn't revert back to before that update in order to fix this.. that will make for a fun day 5 of aq
This discussion has been closed.