**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sinister labs worth the effort?

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Lmao kabam is out of touch. It's an absolute joke

I only do Master for 250 5* shards a day, Epic is WAY too difficult considering it's targeted for Uncollected players, not Cavalier. The only reason I am doing Master is because I can cheese most of the fights with 4* Ghost + synergies and Archangel

I have a 5* 5/65 sig 200 ghost and 5* 4/55 sig 200 wasp plus antman for quantum trinity and I still have difficulty doing epic ontop of using my 5* 4/55 sig Hyp
    Exactly why I can't do Epic, can't cheese it with a 5/50 4* Ghost
  • Battle_GreninjaBattle_Greninja Posts: 327 ★★
    There is nothing in those labs that rewards effort. Complete waste of time and also why would you add monthly event to special event tab for 3 or 4 days I was thinking they forgot to start side event😅😅
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is another grind. As an example! If i pay 10 bucks a month i get to move in a big circle, fight one guy and get 125k in gold! Why not just give me the gold with the subscription?? I don't think many of us are looking for "more" ways to grind. But kabam wants us to work for every lil item and shard we get. And the labs are "you want it? You need it? Here it is! Now grind and work for it!"
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Poll options are a bit loaded!

For me, the rewards from Master are worth the effort, and fights can be fun.

Epic is on another scale; I've not made much attempt at these due to difficulty, although will burn some boosts and see what I can achieve next week when real life work calms down.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I only do epic because there is nothing else to do. Have to wait when they fix all the bugs of v3
  • A l p h aA l p h a Posts: 539 ★★★
    It's an absolute joke.
    Compare these rewards to the occult labs that were 6 fights instead of 12... And each one gave a bonus crystal with decent rewards... That was worth it! These take way more time, are 12 fights and have no extra rewards... So no they aren't worth it regardless of your level

A ł p h a
  • solmyrairsolmyrair Posts: 388
    It's an absolute joke.
    To be fair not contest is bad here as it’s quite interesting - just rewards making it less attractive.

I get that zero energy plus you can buy a lot of cubes but still
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    TeeNahN said:

Very easy content. If it’s difficult for you then it’s not meant for your level. Practice more and gather better champs. Feel like a chore? Then don’t do it, you lose nothing.

Who said anything about hard .. this is an issue of cost vs rewards ... the time/energy spent isn't worth the rewards (for me anyway) . if it is for you, great .. ;)
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Takes way too long and is way too RNG dependent. Kabam turned a pretty fun idea into an absolute slog.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    It's an absolute joke.
    plpkok said:

Is it tedious? Yes. Boring? Kinda. Easy? Yes. Majority of people who complain can't complete the content.

maybe there should be a "meh" option. i can complete the content, but a bit too much time. i tend to not do all of them all of the time.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    plpkok said:

Is it tedious? Yes. Boring? Kinda. Easy? Yes. Majority of people who complain can't complete the content.

I'm pretty sure most of us can so stop assuming
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

For me at least it’s free rewards, but for most they aren’t worth it

They're not free if you have to throw health potions at them.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Uhm yes it so is! The rewards are amazing!
    Too long but basically "free" stuff, you only need to roll few dice if you have a 5/65 roster. Not worthy with 4/55
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Depends entirely on what your roster is to be honest. I smash through master with absolutely no problems but I need my full crew available to be guaranteed success in epic (that consists of up to 4 R5 5*)

I think that Epic is a little bit too highly tuned for what you get - it's not worth spending resources on for the rewards and I feel for what is a fun little side quest you shouldn't have to spend resources to hit the top difficulty unless you've got a maxed out team.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    I’m not a fan of the everyday quests that refresh. This game already has so much you have to do to progress or keep up, you HAVE to be on on every day

I prefer that they add up all the rewards and have a single quest with paths and you only have to do it once.
  • SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 563 ★★★
    It's an absolute joke.
    Epic Chaos node, anti heal, and heal inverse? Man that's so cool to play it!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    It's an absolute joke.

Yall just need to git gud, only use ghost and run thru it within 2 minutes, ez rewards

I have to disagree with this. I consider myself a very good player and have used no items to complete any paths so far and these still feel like a chore. Also there is no completing epic in 2 minutes. It's typically anywhere from 5-10 minutes per path depending on nodes.

My dislike of this event has nothing to do with "gitting gud" and everything to do with the content itself being an absolute bore. It feels like more "meh" content that is very repetitive despite the advertised "randomness."
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Maybe if you only had to do it once
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    It's an absolute joke.

I only do Master for 250 5* shards a day, Epic is WAY too difficult considering it's targeted for Uncollected players, not Cavalier. The only reason I am doing Master is because I can cheese most of the fights with 4* Ghost + synergies and Archangel

This - not that I want to cheese anything but it's way too hard in epic unless you have a roster stacked with (the right) 5/65s.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Uhm yes it so is! The rewards are amazing!
    My only complaint, esp with epic, is the small amount of rewards for the challenge. If they want to make it that difficult then at least increase rewards a little.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I’m not pretending I talk for everyone but is the goal of these side quests really to make the player base disengage? Sounds like a pretty bad business strategy.

The obvious goal of the quests is to appeal to players that want more challenging content. And the rewards aren't as bad as some people are claiming. I'm earning 5* shards much faster through the labs than I do through, say grinding arena. Grinding arena is the easy but slow way to do that. The labs, as long as they are (and I think they are probably too long by a couple fights per path), are the difficult but fast way to get similar rewards. That is a reasonable trade to me in general. Again: I'm not saying the content is perfect, I'm saying it does appeal to some players and it does have reasonable rewards compared to other repeatable alternatives.

And giving those kinds of options to the players willing to take advantage of them is in fact a pretty reasonable game operation strategy. It would be a bad business strategy to completely ignore that subset of players.
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    It's an absolute joke.

It's a real luck of the draw. Theoretically rewards are good daily rewards for master, but not for the effort involved in epic. You can have so many bogus roles that some times it is impossible to do. Just too time consuming for best champs on a daily basis for rewards. I feel the should have cut the number of champs down by half, doubled the 6* shards and added in some 5 star sig stones. There is such a small window with aw and aq to do them too.