**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Sony/MCU/Spidey

What is everyone's thoughts of Sony pulling Spider-Man out of the MCU after the extremely successful Spider-Man: Far From Home?

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    They agreed that if it made over a certain amount, they would allow Marvel to do Spiderman 3.

However, MCU have no plans for Venom, so Sony will obviously grab him at some point to do a cross over in their Venom Universe.
    Hehehdhd said:

They agreed that if it made over a certain amount, they would allow Marvel to do Spiderman 3.

However, MCU have no plans for Venom, so Sony will obviously grab him at some point to do a cross over in their Venom Universe.

Completely false
    The current deal is that Marvel produces the movie but Sony takes all profits. However Disney wanted a cut of that $1B Spidey money. So they tried to renegotiate the contract to be a 50/50 split of revenue but Sony just cucked them and us and pulled spidey out of the mcu
    Isn’t false at all mate, check your facts before you say my statement is false.

Come back when you have. Waiting for an apology

Hehehdhd said:

Completely false
    The current deal is that Marvel produces the movie but Sony takes all profits. However Disney wanted a cut of that $1B Spidey money. So they tried to renegotiate the contract to be a 50/50 split of revenue but Sony just cucked them and us and pulled spidey out of the mcu
    Isn’t false at all mate, check your facts before you say my statement is false.

Come back when you have. Waiting for an apology
    Ahh you turd! News broke 1 hour ago, anyway, an hour ago my statement was correct.

You have just seen the news and tried acting up.

Anyway, I’m not apologising for you jumping on the breaking news from 1 hour ago.

My points were bang on, and not copied from a news source
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Personally I think this sucks, since Spidey is my favourite, and another reboot might be a bit too much.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    Yall don't even understood how long I wanted to see spider man and Deadpool in a movie together it's kind of ironic how as soon as Disney gets fox rights they lose Sony rights
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I wanted to see some of the “lesser” villains like: Kraven, a proper Rhino, Black Cat, Chameleon, Shocker, even some of the crime lords like Tombstone and Hammerhead. There’s so many Spidey villains I’d love to see on the big screen that might be chopped due to corporate politics. This is just like when they cut Spectacular and replaced it with Ultimate Spider-Man. And honestly, they can’t just leave Spidey after that cliffhanger ending!
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Disney can just buy Sony (which will happen eventually) so this type of stuff can be avoided.
    C

Personally I think this sucks, since Spidey is my favourite, and another reboot might be a bit too much.

They wouldn’t reboot, they still have Tom Holland.

Disney will end up getting it. They just made Sony top grossing movie ever, Sony are just acting stupid.

Why would that want to ruin something so good; which they could never do themselves.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Now it makes sense why Marvel didn't announce a third Spidey movie in their next slate of films.
  • Hehehdhd said:

Terra said:

Disney can just buy Sony (which will happen eventually) so this type of stuff can be avoided.

I know ur joking but still
    1 Disney could never buy Sony without wasting tons of money
    2 they only need to buy Sony pictures or the characters back
    3 Sony pictures would never sell spidey or other characters
    4 Sony would never sell Sony pictures
    If they keep on screwing up, #4 may end up changing, lol. Truth is, it is WAY too early to tell what's going to come of this. While news outlets are blowing this up, like many things, could just be calling smoke where there is no fire. Businesses have a way of changing deals as they go. If Marvel Studios is heartset on keeping Spidey around, they'll figure it out.
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Or did Facebook lie
  • AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    It’s true...jus did the research 😭😭
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★
    Uh I’d like to see proof of this, I find this extremely hard to believe.
  • Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    You guys are missing the big picture. There's a reason this game started making its own characters. Yeah, Symbiote Supreme is cool but I invested a lot of time in Stark Spidey and it appears that his name, likeness, abilities, and lol complete legal existance in all our rosters is subject to change here pretty soon depending on who owns the conglomerate that owns Kabam.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Just google it. Its everywhere

Yep, Sony and Disney couldn't come to an agreement..
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Rip mcu spidey :(
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

You guys are missing the big picture. There's a reason this game started making its own characters. Yeah, Symbiote Supreme is cool but I invested a lot of time in Stark Spidey and it appears that his name, likeness, abilities, and lol complete legal existance in all our rosters is subject to change here pretty soon depending on who owns the conglomerate that owns Kabam.

That dont matter. Kabam can still use any character that appears in comic books or movies. Hes ready appeared in a movie. They have every right even if he reverts back to Sony after hes ready been put in game.
    Otherwise we wouldnt have venom at all
  • Username6435Username6435 Posts: 26
    Buttehrs said:

That dont matter. Kabam can still use any character that appears in comic books or movies. Hes ready appeared in a movie. They have every right even if he reverts back to Sony after hes ready been put in game.
    I hope you're right. But some characters are just rented, never sold in comics, movies, merchandise, and games. Even here.
    Lemme ask you this, has kabam ever completely removed a character from the game?
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I have a lot of words I’d like so say but can’t on these forums XD. But I’ll leave it at that I’m extremely disappointed in both Disney/Marvel Studios and Sony.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I won't say Sony and Disney are greedy, it's business organization and profit maximization is a goal.
    I think they would reach another deal some time in the future, although I think Disney's bargaining power is higher relatively.
    Kicking Spiderman out of MCU hurts Sony more as almost all synergy are coming from Disney's Marvel Studios.
    Disney can use the same method that they used before on Universal's F4: stop developing comics/affiliate toy products.
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    It’s beyond ridiculous. I’m no expert in their business, but I swear it feels like they didn’t even bother negotiating.