**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Over zealous censor in alliance chat

dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
Ok .. this is a bit excessvie, Kabam, please look into this and fix ... you're making it impossible for us to communicate to our battle groups, by having such strict censors functioning within alliance chat.

I can understand that censors in global .. but I'm sorry, DO NOT CENSOR alliance chat .. period ... you're overstepping your bounds there.

Here's a classic example:

I tried to send the following msg:

"Need you to clear that lane"

That's it ...
and bam .. censored:

"#########################"

seriously, Kabam .. WT actual F ??

*sigh*
smh

(and you wonder why people need to use LINE or some other tool .. )
so sad.

Comments

• SleipnirrodSleipnirrod Posts: 228 ★★

Now they are censored phone numbers too. Ridiculous
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Improving our in-game chat filters is a continuous process and we'll be sure to look at examples like you've shared to see where we can do a better job. Thanks for the report and sorry for the confusion here.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019

Improving our in-game chat filters is a continuous process and we'll be sure to look at examples like you've shared to see where we can do a better job. Thanks for the report and sorry for the confusion here.

This is a video from yesterday 8-20 in a dungeon.

Nothing vulgar, just a question about how to use a hero.

iPad 6th gen
    Latest MCoC and iOS versions

https://youtu.be/4eSfoSQu0cs
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    What’s crazy is when I type in alliance chat the following
    “#########################”
    It gets censored. Great it’s censored here too lol

Joking aside, there are some words that definitely don’t need to be censored. I get that even in private chats you could still have “teens” and that could be the cause, but words that are IN the game already shouldn’t.
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    The game chat is so messed up it funny. I can say f#$%ing just fine. "But" gets censored. Its so bad my active alliance goes 3 or 4 days without posting in the alliance chat. Its not worth the aggravation. We only use Line app now. It would be great during dungeons to chat but the censor makes it near impossible if u cant even type a champs name without it being blocked.
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    I was trying to explain for a dungeon node not to let the defender "touch" you at all. that got censored.
  • The_WatcherThe_Watcher Posts: 148
    MikeHock said:

This is a video from yesterday 8-20 in a dungeon.

Nothing vulgar, just a question about how to use a hero.

iPad 6th gen
    Latest MCoC and iOS versions

https://youtu.be/4eSfoSQu0cs
    It censors CapIW or IMIW for me so it will definitely censor that misspell of Morningstar. It would definitely be nice if the champs name are at least whitelisted.
    Re: the 3 post above

Not sure why “mourningstar”would be censored .... even though i used the wrong spelling of her name.

And yes, the word *but* is censored a lot even when used in the proper context.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Another chat in "Private" chat ...

it censored the word: "t4s" ... as in: "need more t4s" ..

O.o

can't even talk about the game now ... it censors that .. *sigh*

once again, this solution would be easy if you just didn't censor private chat ..
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    The main advantage from stopping everything is that they can't be sued. Lol. Which is a real risk. It's a shame when poorly executed censorship means basic communication. No matter what they say, people in global can still get around it easily. Better to invest in ai chat bot to understand and monitor games in the long run that have this i think we'll be there before we see 2020 out.
  • DocBDocB Posts: 150
    Here is another example of the broken censor... @Kabam Lyra

• ArylAryl Posts: 1,302 ★★★★
    Would it possible to just stop the facade of in-game chat and have Kabam throw their support to Line or other chat apps?

Like, as in an in-game email to all Summoners telling them "for a better chat experience check out these apps".

Kabam could support Line in-game with Line chat tabs. That way we could directly access Line within the game instead of having to minimize.

Yes, the in-game chat is awful, but I'm not harping on that because I understand why it has to be awful. Kabam has to keep their T rating; thus, chat filter.

Would throwing their support to an unrated chat affect their rating status?

I just see a win-win here. Kabam doesn't have to mess with their chat anymore and Summoners could use Line in-game.

@Kabam Lyra
  • NopedroooNopedrooo Posts: 116
    Or when you text to welcome a new member and it comes out as “Welcome, ###########”, it kinda becomes an unwelcoming environment.
    They can't limit the filter. IIRC, the filter has to be in place in all forms of default chat in order to maintain a T rating.
    dot_ditto said:

Aryl said:

They can't limit the filter. IIRC, the filter has to be in place in all forms of default chat in order to maintain a T rating.

*sigh*
    I believe you ..

stupid rating boards ... *sigh*
    Yeah, that's why I suggested the post about Line.
    Hmm, some fresh ones to add:

talking about Iceman being able to "take a hit" ... "take a hit" gets censored .. O.o
    seriously?

Referecing a youtube video, it censors the username "HobbitCrom" .. for some reason .. O.o
    but sending it seperately:
    "Hobbit"
    and
    "Crom"
    works fine ..
    *sigh*
    apparently we can't discuss nodes now ..

"masochism" gets censored ..

as does:

"ism"
    which I suppose is an interesting slur ..

"You dirty little *ism* !!"
    O.o
    Another bad word found:

"role"

Yep ... apparently that's a bad word.
    O.o
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    gforcefan said:

I was trying to explain for a dungeon node not to let the defender "touch" you at all. that got censored.

Yeah you know... "No means no!" & "My body my choice" ...goes for the champs of MCOC also, obviously. :wink:
    Don't talk about any touching.. lol
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I once encountered the opposite problem, with a phone actually suggesting a word that should indeed have been censored.
    Way back when I was selling electronics, cellphones and stuff. A customer had just bought a Sony Ericsson Walkman phone (back before smartphones, but it had an mp3-player!! Groovy...) and came into the store to show me what the T9-dictionary suggested when he tried to type a normal word starting with the letter N.
    The phone was set to Swedish (since in sweden) and suggested an awful combination of two very bad words, especially put together. We actually had to contact the manufacturer, who had failed to censor it. And got the answer that the dictionary was based on words most commonly used in text messages...! Whatever that says about people.

In Swedish you can assemble several words into one new word. You could for example add together the swedish words for "potato" and "peeler", and they form the new word potatopeeler, instead of (like in english) potato peeler. It's quite fun, you can actually form very long imaginative words this way...

Anyway, in this case it was two words one should not use, one being the N-word and the other the word for lady of the night put together...! And this popped up as an auto correct when the customer was trying to write a text to his Girlfriend of color...! :blush: Not very good.

We could actually try and see that this unfortunate auto correct happened on all Sony Ericsson devices at the time, so it was a general problem and the word had to be manually removed from the dictionary to stop it from happening! Lol
    It was then removed with new software updates later on.
    Big thanks to the chat censor for protecting the innocent from the vile and vulgar letter “A” :D:D:D