**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Worst matchups in the game

JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
What examples of the worst matchups in the game can you think of? Probably the #1 for me is duped Elektra vs Ebony Maw, as her guaranteed crits are guaranteed to miss, meaning she can deal no damage and is incapable of dealing damage (unless she gets hit enough to get to her SP3). Others include Quake vs a true strike node (can't evade, thus meaning you'll die if you charge heavies), Ghost vs Mr Sinister (heals from all the crits and blocks her unblockable special attacks), and Archangel vs Korg.
What other good examples are there?

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    It's been a while since I've faced this match up, but I seem to recall Dormammu verses high sig Ultron being a less than fun time.
  • EvisceratorEviscerator Posts: 350 ★★
    Archangel vs korg
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    Also Strange, Sym Supreme, Dormammu, Maw, and any other energy damage champs vs Havok. Mephisto, Magik, Ghost Rider, etc. vs Blade also are unpleasant fights.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    Bishop vs Ultron
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,292 ★★★★
    Havok slowly gains energy for sp3 and if you time an attack when DD misses, or when you parry DD attack, Havok can do major damage aside from mutant over skill.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    Dormammu vs sentinal with hood Synergy

Every power drain is seen by sentinal as a powerlock increasing his power immensely
  • WardenZeroWardenZero Posts: 722 ★★★

Mordo and bpcw against themselves
    Not a bad matchup just funny

Also NC, Thing, or Juggs vs themselves
  • SW vs ROL Wolverine....the healing never stops on both sides
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★

SW vs ROL Wolverine....the healing never stops on both sides

To be honest that ain’t a bad matchup ... have taken wolverine down in the past with her just need to time those sp3’s

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Human torch vs red hulk
  • EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    edited August 2019
    Quake vs Killmonger.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    JohnHS said:

Ghost vs Mr Sinister (heals from all the crits

Not going to argue it .. however, just pointing out .. without extra nodes (ie extra healing), Ghost CAN defeat Sinister:

couple notes to keep in mind:

1) Ghost doesn't have to phase before hitting ... meaning she'll strike normally ..
    2) even if he heals from the crit, he only heals 70% .. so you can still do "normal ghost" tactics .. it's just as if he has a LOT more HP .. which, for most Ghost players, isn't a real problem .. ;)

I've actually taken Ghost vs Sinister and defeated him easily ... just don't get flustered from the healing and you'll slowly work him down.

Optimal: Hell no ... but at least it's not as bad as your Elektra vs Maw matchup .. LOL
    ;)
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 285
    Stark enhanced Spider Man vs. Annihilus

It took me a while to figure out his taunt triggers him being unstoppable and unblockable
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Stark Spidey vs Annihilus. Land 5 hits and behold as he becomes unstoppable and unblockable until the Taunt wears off. Rinse and repeat. Ghost vs Ant-Man sucks too.
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,715 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

JohnHS said:

Ghost vs Mr Sinister (heals from all the crits

Not going to argue it .. however, just pointing out .. without extra nodes (ie extra healing), Ghost CAN defeat Sinister:

couple notes to keep in mind:

1) Ghost doesn't have to phase before hitting ... meaning she'll strike normally ..
    2) even if he heals from the crit, he only heals 70% .. so you can still do "normal ghost" tactics .. it's just as if he has a LOT more HP .. which, for most Ghost players, isn't a real problem .. ;)

I've actually taken Ghost vs Sinister and defeated him easily ... just don't get flustered from the healing and you'll slowly work him down.

Optimal: Hell no ... but at least it's not as bad as your Elektra vs Maw matchup .. LOL
    ;)
    No one said it was impossible lol
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Zuro said:

No one said it was impossible lol

Too True!! ;) heh
  • Suman_sahASuman_sahA Posts: 417
    sym supreme vs awakened ultron... :'(
  • BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    Gwenpool vs mordo
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    Blade vs Cable has messed me up a few times.
    Can’t block and can’t use specials.