**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How many docks does it take for players to stop modding in AW Seasons?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Rektor said:

Cheating is wrong. No question about that. Benefitting from someone else's punishment isn't any better. I don't even think people realize how the system would be inundated by people reporting others if you had the opportunity to gain Rewards from catching cheaters. Support would be swamped by every little chance people could.

If a gold medal winner at the olympics is caught cheating, you dont think silver place deserves to get promoted to gold?
    I will not agree with a system that defaults Win Rewards for catching cheaters.
    You don’t have to agree with that system just like none of us have to agree with you for not agreeing with that system, just like you don’t have to reply to any of us again with a novel of analogies about why you don’t agree with that system since you’ve made it clear throughout this thread that you don’t agree with that system, just like none of us have to reply to your inevitable reply given that your opinion holds no more weight than anyone else’s and people need to stop pretending that it does.

Thanks.
    Did I say my opinion holds more weight? I don't believe I did. People keep responding to me on the subject, and I replied to their comments. You can agree or disagree with me if you like. What you can't do is shut down my ability to speak.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.

Uppercut said:

TMV1 is rank #2 in Master

Standing ovation, Kabam. 👏

3 of the top 10 master alliances have been modding all season. Android APK mod software #1 way to collect 6* shards confirmed.
    Kabam about to usher in mcoc steroid era.

People really didn’t want to use it, but since there was no punishment, they felt like they had no choice but use it to keep up.
  • Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    That dock list is long... Dirty play seems more widespread than it should be. Hmmm interesting. And the list only shows the ones that got caught.

Sad thing is some of those on the list shouldn't be in any war bracket or have accounts at all. Lotta people going to be making notes of last login times for a few allis.

The fact that the list is so long and we're in season 11... Along with many of the players in those alliances being on various dock lists in the past... All just shows that this method isn't working to curtail cheating.

"So, skill wise we're a g1/g2 alli. Let's just mod up to master and then get docked to p2. Better rewards"
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    soooo that dock wave list that just came out,

the real question is are any players BANNED? because u know...they BROKED the so called TOS?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    chunkyb said:

That dock list is long... Dirty play seems more widespread than it should be. Hmmm interesting. And the list only shows the ones that got caught.

Sad thing is some of those on the list shouldn't be in any war bracket or have accounts at all. Lotta people going to be making notes of last login times for a few allis.

The fact that the list is so long and we're in season 11... Along with many of the players in those alliances being on various dock lists in the past... All just shows that this method isn't working to curtail cheating.

"So, skill wise we're a g1/g2 alli. Let's just mod up to master and then get docked to p2. Better rewards"

Longest dock list in months. We love you 3000 @MCOC Team
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

Apparently this alliance who i am not naming

Didnt get dock,
    the boss was a r5 200’sig thing
  • OmegaSupremeOmegaSupreme Posts: 18
    While it's a start, we needs some permanence and also restitution for victims. And teams can still match with these modders and fall victim to them again. We need permabans.

chunkyb said:

• RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    5+
    chunkyb said:

Exactly right.

• Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Seen a 7 day ban pic. Not sure if real or not. Don't care much if it is or isn't. People watching logins will know soon enough. But I hope that message ends up changing from 168 horas to permanente
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Great, 3 wars left and they finally get what they deserve. Really wish these types of things happened A LOT sooner. Waiting this long you just let them cheat and cost other fair play groups rewards since they got the s^&* end of the stick and matched up against an unbeatable opponent.
  • THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    As a top alliance that has matched 3 modding allies in a row we aren't asking for win rewards. We want the season points from winning.

3 sequential wars against modders but us in P1, but we keep getting matched with top5 alliances in master only? Really?

If we got the win points we would be #9 in masters and that would be enough. We dont care about individual war rewards.
    THX135 said:

As a top alliance that has matched 3 modding allies in a row we aren't asking for win rewards. We want the season points from winning.

3 sequential wars against modders but us in P1, but we keep getting matched with top5 alliances in master only? Really?

If we got the win points we would be #9 in masters and that would be enough. We dont care about individual war rewards.

I feel for you bud and hope my group can get the same as pretty much EVERY single season we’ve faced modders or pilots and it’s great they get docked but that’s only solving half the problem.

Not to mention those dropped to lower tiers due to the losses.

Win bonus needs to go to the cheater’s opponent otherwise your leaderboard means nothing.
    THX135 said:

Kabam needs to give the winner’s bonus to the alliances that were cheated by these modders. It wouldn’t take more than a few minutes to manually add 400k season points to a few alliances each week because their opponent cheated and was disqualified.

The leaderboard is meaningless unless we think it makes sense that a competition should have 2 losers and no winner.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    THX135 said:

We decided not to go hard this season and are currently low in Plat 2. We keep getting matched against Master and Plat 1 alliances nevertheless including several that just got docked. War is so broken lol. It's been one of my favorite parts of the game. I hope they fix it.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit
    Great job getting these docks done I think an official statement reiterating that cheating violates TOS and will lead to consequences would go a long way.

I’d also appreciate it if you could read through the below as there is still some progress to be made.

Let’s take both of the dock lists and conservatively say 40 groups were docked. 9 wars into the season that’s 360 wars amongst those groups where 360 alliances or 10,800 people lost an unwinnable war.

It’s great that these 40 groups were punished but what happens to the 10,800 people that played fair? How are we 11 seasons in and fair groups are still helpless? This is like catching a thief with all of the items he stole from you, throwing him in jail for a week and not giving back those ill-gotten goods because “well we threw him in jail for a week.”
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    As much as i hate high tier wars now-a-days, mostly because of cheaters, does anyone think anything will come from it? Most of the people in higher tier wars are in fact whales (not all, but arguably most). Even if the cheaters aren't spending in war, they're the ones getting milked with cav crystals, and dropping odins to finish new stuff early. Plus, they're making other alliances spend more to compete at their level. If any bans roll out, guarantee it'll be something petty, like a 7 day ban, even for repeat offenders. Kabam knows who pays the bills. With their privacy policies and forum rules about calling out players/alliances, it will all get swept under the rug.
    They're not allowing people to cheat just because they spend.
    Jestress said:

How is this thread still open

Because they know we’re right. As evidenced by the largest one-day docking all year.
    Well, for the most part it hasn't been that unhealthy. I suppose they're allowing the discussion to continue. While they don't always comment, I'm sure they follow along.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited August 2019
    chunkyb said:

The main points are valid despite the side tracking bickering over awarding wins and word definitions. I'm glad they've left it open. The parts that are on topic are important for the health of the game itself.

This. And no, spending does not give players a free pass to cheat. The two most frequently docked alliances last year were home to the game's biggest spenders. The game's #1 spending alliance was docked this year before they disbanded last week. Decisions like the one Kabam made today are what motivate players to invest in AW Seasons. Thank you Kabam.
  • So we moved up 9 spots (64th-55th in P4) post point docks. If anyone had a doubt that this problem didn't exist below Master, here's proof that's not the case. I saw that a certain Master Alliance went down to P2. So if the docks are relatively similar, it would appear some in P1-P3 are cheating too (maybe even P4 and G1). Regardless, proof that Kabam knows, and proof that it's not just Master tier Alliances that are cheating. Sheer number docked says that too.

Honestly, I think it's most notable at the top tier because those that don't cheat are VERY dedicated players. They pay close attention and thus are more likely to notice something hinky. For all those that were caught, I can only guess there's others that slipped through the cracks. It's difficult for those that don't watch war intently to catch those who cheat in the act. I've seen a couple situations this season that raised my eyebrow, but I couldn't be sure that it was a mod or just heavily boosted and a ton of skill. Occasionally I have to wonder.

To assume that the any of those cheating spend enough to dodge reprisals from Kabam, is just a rather ridiculous notion. Let's also note that some of those so called 'whales' may not be legitimate whales in having tons of illegitimate units loaded. Which is ultimately the reason why so many are calling for more permanent bans. Rightfully so. If the punishment doesn't outweigh the risk, they will more than likely keep at it. It was nice to see action taken though! Keep at it Kabam! I would wager another wave will occur at the end of this war cycle/end of the Season.
    And another day goes by without any word from a mod :(
    What do you want them to say?
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

What do you want them to say?

Why would you want them not to say anything?
    I didn't say I don't want them to say anything. I just asked what people wanted them to say. There isn't much that can be said outside of what they've already said before. They've said numerous times that they take unfair advantages seriously, and they're always improving on their ways of dealing with them. They're not going to talk about specific cases, so there isn't much to be said. I'd say they're just listening.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    Put the blame on modding is the losers excuse.
    Kabam will act accordingly if someone is cheating ... period
This discussion has been closed.