**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How many docks does it take for players to stop modding in AW Seasons?

191011121315»

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Kyrkant said:

Put the blame on modding is the losers excuse.
    Kabam will act accordingly if someone is cheating ... period

Lots of good talk on this in SHIELD chat. Sorry you left.
  • Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    Kyrkant said:

The 30 alliances that were docked yesterday called... They said "thank him for the chuckles".

The members that caught bans were unfortunately unavailable for comment.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92

Kyrkant said:

Lots of good talk on this in SHIELD chat. Sorry you left.
    I´m sure you do but I didn't feel comfortable there after @chunkyb threatened to kick me out only for being a proud member of ASGRD.
  • KyrkantKyrkant Posts: 92
    chunkyb said:

Kyrkant said:

The 30 alliances that were docked yesterday called... They said "thank him for the chuckles".

The members that caught bans were unfortunately unavailable for comment.
    If they were docked is because someone was cheating. It's sad that 30 pay for 1, but there are 1 leader and officers to avoid this.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Modding is at an all time high. Whatever method is being used against modders is not working.
    If an alliance is found to be modding or cheating they need to be ineligible for the season rewards. Its ridiculous allowing them to continue the season and win any rewards when that ally cheated.
  • Zuko_ILC said:

If an alliance is found to be modding or cheating they need to be ineligible for the season rewards. Its ridiculous allowing them to continue the season and win any rewards when that ally cheated.

I don't think it's a common thing for a full Alliance to be modding/cheating. Which is likely why Kabam does what they do. Point docks and bans for the offending players. Now, one could argue that the Alliance in question benefitted from said cheaters, ergo all are culpable. However, not every Alliance knew they had cheaters on board. The point dock alone has to be frustrating for them, just the same, deserved as their performance would've differed had those cheaters not been in play.

To say that those who played legitimately alongside even a handful of cheaters shouldn't be awarded anything is a tad rough IMO. Those members who invested time, items, and in some cases money for said items shouldn't be 100% disqualified from Season rewards. Guilty by association in this case is a hard sell.

Now, again, one could argue that in doing this, it would make leadership more likely to pay attention and be proactive in watching for cheaters under their wing. Just the same, if they don't know, they don't know. We're all always taking eachother at their word in this game afterall. This would inevitably lead to legitimate players who are skilled being kicked under suspicion of cheating. That just screws everyone in the long run, and wouldn't go well.

I do agree with point docks as they're a means of bringing 'some balance' to the situation. It doesn't hurt the players who played fair nearly as much as a full disqualification would. It does allow those who played fair a chance at SOMETHING. It certainly does suck for those who didn't know though. You think everything is going great, your crew is thriving and then BAM... you dropped a reward tier or 2. That has to hurt morale, and create a lot of tension in the group. All because 1, or a few players weren't playing fair.

Now, I also feel that the week bans aren't enough to fully detour the practice. As I previously stated, this hurts groups that catch the backlash from a few undesirable people. We have our outside game resources to alert eachother of these players. However thanks to the name change tokens, these cheaters can eventually disappear and setup to screw another crew, and anyone they match along the way down the road again, and again. It's just a horrid situation and it's seeming more and more like the only solid fix is permanent removal of the repeat offenders. As it was previously stated by many, you don't accidentally mod your account.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★
    Ban them from Alliance War forever. Flag their accounts so they can never be recruited to do it again. Make it public. Stop trying to change the system. The system has been in place for hackers/modders/cheaters in games for years. You're just protecting your own profits at this point.
  • KerayZKerayZ Posts: 220 ★★★

So, this photo that has been floating around is 100% me. I have the unedited one if you all want to see it.

A lot of folks think it’s impossible to do without cheating, but it wasn’t that hard.

One of the nodes that was up is a 200% power gain, so it was really easy to throw 5 hit combos, bait his sp2, and repeat. I probably died 8/9 times, but it was done.

I had to fight the boss linked the next war too. It was a 5R5 Domino with 200% power gain as well. She said suicides on and they couldn’t seem to figure out why she died so quickly against Void. There was no way that using Void combined with recoil from all those SP2s could make her die...

There sure is a lot of assuming going on and you know what that makes you when you assume...

of course we want to see it! slap it up....why wouldnt you in the first post? lol
This discussion has been closed.